Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

#5 ~ Sci-Fi on Mars

6 years ago

As it stands, I think I'm going for a good old utopian view of the future where absolutely nothing goes wrong. There is no threat, no motivation, and no villain. No nasty aliens- only nice ones that come in peace and then bugger off again. Everything just goes swimmingly for the player-character from first click to last comment.

#5 ~ Sci-Fi on Mars

6 years ago
You don't need a life and death threat to have a good story, but motivations will exist even if it's simply to get out of bed in the morning.

Unless you're joking it sounds like you've set a real challenge for yourself, have fun with that.

#5 ~ Sci-Fi on Mars

6 years ago
A story without conflict is just a list of events. I strongly urge you to reconsider.

#5 ~ Sci-Fi on Mars

6 years ago

Hey, no helping people in the contest, you're the judge, you can't do that. Go, BlueThread, write "A happy day in a sci-fi utopia". Anyway, I'm certain this is sarcasm and it's going to end up being a fucking horrifying, Orwellian shithole.

#5 ~ Sci-Fi on Mars

6 years ago

The first and marvelous update on a certain "Sci-Fi Story" in which absolutely nothing is wrong:

Research on Mars is over for the time being and I reckon I've settled on the sci-fi gimmick that'll cause absolutely no trouble for the protagonist as she lives out her perfect life as part of the Leicester-1 colony after the complete destruction of Earth some twenty years prior.

The 'true' path is currently under construction, and should hopefully be done (rough) by this time tomorrow next week. After that the aim will be to make some nice branches that should make for a nice shapely story tree. 

Overall, I'm happy with the honest, open and caring direction the tale is taking and only hope that it'll be half as pleasing on paper as it is in the mind.

#5 ~ Sci-Fi on Mars

6 years ago
The last update was 13 days ago. 13 is an unlucky number. Unlucky people are more likely to get murdered by a girl with a sharp stick. I do hope you manage to at least finish your story before that happens! ;)

#5 ~ Sci-Fi on Mars

6 years ago
@Bluethread I am very excited to hear how A Pleasant Day on Mars is coming along.