Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Venyanwarrior's Flashing Avatar

6 years ago

@venyanwarrior

Normally I would have just PMed you about this, but for some damn fool reason you've got them turned off. So I get to call you out in front of everybody instead.

Anyway, you're going to have to change your seizure inducing avatar. A couple of members said it was genuinely fucking with their epilepsy or something. Didn't know we had any here, but one never knows on the internet I guess.

In fact let this just be general decree of not having avatars with strobe light effects, they annoy the hell out of normal people on top of killing epileptics.

6 years ago
Oh, that explains it. I just tried to PM them too after it was brought up and thought my Wi-Fi had gone screwy.

I would have thought an error message about PMs being turned off would be a thing... but, I guess this is CYS.

6 years ago

There is a way to sort of tell. If someone can't receive PMs (banned or just has the option turned off), their name won't show up as an autofill option in the "to" field.

6 years ago
That guy hasn't posted since October and has no stories. Do we have people just looking for things to complain about?

6 years ago

He popped up long enough recently that some people clicked on his profile, so bitching ensued.

Again though, this wouldn't even be necessary if his PMs weren't turned off. JJJ really needs to make it so turning off your PMs will not stop the admins from still sending you shit.

6 years ago
You're getting ahead of yourself. 3J really needs to pay us a bloody visit in general.

6 years ago
Seems like there really ought to be a way for an admin to go in and just delete an image in general, since they're all uploaded to the site. What if some depraved weirdo had an avatar with anime girls motorboating each other or something.

6 years ago
That would just be funny.

6 years ago

Eh, there sort of is a way, though it’s only been used against banned people. Basically you reset the password and then log in using the new password allowing you to do whatever the hell you want.

Madglee did it a few times to write mocking profiles on certain trolling members.

6 years ago

You probably should do something similar in Madglee's honor, End. Maybe go into a recently banished troll's account and with big red font put: DELETED or OBLITERATED or something.

Maybe even add a dunce cap as an avatar for good measure.

I wasn't aware that this particular instance was something that was apparently a brewing issue of some kind, though. :)

6 years ago

I actually would do that if there were IP bans, but since people can just pop up immediately, it makes it a little too time consuming to bother.

6 years ago

I see your point.

Geez, that really sucks a bit. 

6 years ago

plz no dunce cap

6 years ago
Much better.

6 years ago

I'll be on the lookout for those *ahem* weirdos, but I cannot guarantee my success in this endeavour.

6 years ago

Once again some at The Villain Lair have found your motorboating avatar amusing.

Interestingly enough I was just looking some stuff up about lesbians for research purposes since Axiom was talking about "Gold Star" lesbians which apparently are lesbians that have never had sex with a dude at any point.

But apparently there are other terms too. Like "Gold Gay" is the gay dude equivalent. But Gay dudes can even get "Platinum Gay" status if they were born via C-Section.

All sounds pretty silly to normal folks, but apparently some tranny was bitching about the labels being hurtful and shit since its judging people by gay levels and makes the gold status folks seem elitist. Basically the LGBT folks fighting with each other as usual.

Oh and apparently you can take away a lesbian's gold star status via RAPE.

In any case, I mistakenly said Five Star Lesbian instead of Gold Star Lesbian at one point in the Villain Lair and Sentinel mentioned that would probably be a lesbian who gives blowjobs out of a sake of politeness. Making them the best sort of lesbians.

6 years ago
Fantastic research. Keep digging.

6 years ago

Hmm, I wasn't aware that there were levels to that kind of thing.

Very well, maybe it would be prudent of me to pencil that information in my CYS forum encyclopedia. It's a bit hard to predict on whether or not this stuff will prove useful in the near future or.not.

6 years ago

Oh, I clicked on it and it angered me so I asked Endmaster to murder him. Definitely count me among these people, he annoyed my tired eyes and is thus deserving of the harshest of penalties.

6 years ago

I had to have a look just to see what all the fuss was about, and jesus fucking christ that's obnoxious as all hell.

6 years ago

Somehow, in a twisted way, I find this amusing. I'll change it though.