Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Cryptids: What's your favorite?

5 years ago

First of all, do you know what a cryptid is? It's a creature from a myth or legend that is said to be real. Take Big Foot, for an example. He/She's a cryptid. Type in Cryptid fandom list of cryptids to see more.

Tell me what your favorite cryptid is, and I'll add it in my game :)

5 years ago
JJJ-thebanisher

5 years ago

I always liked Trunko.

5 years ago

Chocobot

5 years ago

Sorry, I wouldn't really count a Chocobot as a cryptid

5 years ago

Ever seen one?

5 years ago

In real life? No. On the Internet, yes, but it's a chocolate robot. How is that scary?

5 years ago

Stick around, you'll get the joke. Not that it was very good. Its the user name of one of the first site members. He's logged on but once or twice in the last 10 years.

Mokèlé-mbèmbé

Real and final answer.

5 years ago

Oh...Too many member jokes on this forum!laugh

5 years ago

I would say your wrong but that would be lying and lying is bad. Though that isn't a bad thing I like the community feeling here. It's like Mr Rodgers neighborhood, except more hate and NSFW jokes, less understanding....the trolling.... maybe a bad comparison  but my point still stands damn it.  :)

I've always liked hellhounds. So much cool and varied lore. Are they the attack dogs of hell, omens of bad things to come or that which brings the misfortune themselves? Just a thought

5 years ago

Oh, that's the water brontosaurus, isn't it? Good choice. 

5 years ago

Yes, I chose it because of the numerous stories the surrounding peoples tell about it, and because it is one of the most plausible cryptids. I would be thrilled if in my lifetime someone discovered it.

5 years ago

So it's Mokele mbembe, Hell Hounds and Trunko? It's going to be tough putting all these in because Hell Hounds are fire and Mokele mbembe and Trunko are water! Any ideas of how to mix the two?

5 years ago
sylphs.