Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Guess who's back

5 years ago

Hi everyone!

I'm a graduate student at a university somewhere in Texas, USA. I like music, gardening, cooking, and helping out at church. I'm fixin to be 25 next month.

I've been gone a year or two, but since I got into D&D, I am back with a new interest in writing. I want to really learn how to use scripting, and get some good storygames published.

I've been off and on this site over the last decade, on different accounts, since like 2006. I made some quick & dirty storygames under the alias "Primates," none of them very good. I was like 12-15 and in a very dark place. I think all of my published storygames are from back then, since i had writer's block. But uhhhh, i'm here to try my hand at making good storygames, and not be annoying.

Sup, y'all?

Guess who's back

5 years ago
So wait... who's back?

Guess who's back

5 years ago

it me / primates

it's also been a very long time, i was active back in '06, '07

Guess who's back

5 years ago
I've never heard of you but hi. Try not to suck this time and good luck.

Guess who's back

5 years ago

Thank you

Hi, and congratulations about becoming an admin!

Guess who's back

5 years ago

I briefly remember him, I think JJJ yelled at him a few times back in the day.

Guess who's back

5 years ago

You had me at "quick & dirty". Welcome (back).

Guess who's back

5 years ago

Thanke!

Guess who's back

5 years ago
Welcome ^_^ I look forward to reading your new and improved games!

Guess who's back

5 years ago

Ok! I look forward to writing them!

Guess who's back

5 years ago
Hey~

Guess who's back

5 years ago

Hey!

m8 that Dead Man Walking & that Dungeon Stompage game are both the littest

Guess who's back

5 years ago
Lmao. Comes back after a decade.

Guess who's back

5 years ago

ikr, what a weirdo

Guess who's back

5 years ago
Just had a look at your game, looks like it has potential even if it's obviously in kind of a rough state still. How many variables are you up to by now, and how complex do you expect the effects of past choices to get?

Anyway looks like we have some similar interests, just looking at your profile. Hopefully you'll be one of those rare people to actually do things with your account.

Btw, as a D&D fan you owe it to yourself to hit the fantasy section next time you feel like reading. Not that there's ever been a bad time to be a fantasy fan on this site but there have been some really strories published there in your absence. (most notably/recently Rogues.)

Guess who's back

5 years ago

So far, I'm still working on the first generation of the story. The player makes choices, and the good choices will add points to STR, DEX, CON, etc, and SCORE. I've got other variables for things like ISTIRED, ISCRIPPLED, and ISBLEEDING that would affect the immediate life of the player, but would reset for each generation.

There will be heroic choices you can make in later generations, that would require skill checks, but other than that, I've still got almost everything to figure out.

I'll have to check the fantasy section out, starting with Rogues. Thank you for recommending!