Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

The Knight Order of the Golden Sun ending A

3 years ago

Does anyone know how to get the rank A ending in The Knight Order of the Golden Sun? I tried playing it like a saint, I tried maximizing either the popularity or fame and even both but all of them get one of the other endings. Walkthroughs seem nonexistent. Did I make a mistake or do I have to be a spoiled brat at the start and slowly mature? Please send help if you know cause curiosity is murdering me.

3 years ago

Hi, to me it comes a bit as a surprise that you're having difficulties. It's meant as an easy and entertaining read, so obviously there's no walkthrough or something of the sort. Ending A requires both high fame and popularity and you need to proclaim the truth about the plague. I guess that last part is probably what you're missing. But you shouldn't try too hard to get it. Because it's only 'perfect' if you look at it from a game perspective, not from a story perspective.

one year ago
Hello, I am also someone who is having difficulty getting Ending A; My fame was 225, popularity was 190, AND I proclaimed the truth about the plague. It leads to Epilogue B.

one year ago
The author hasn't been around in a couple of years, so it there's a bug or anything of the sort preventing that epilogue from being reached, it's unlikely to be fixed.

one year ago

First I'm even hearing about this one, at first I thought this was about JJJ's game he took down.

one year ago
It was actually featured for a bit, the author just had zero forum presence though and never did anything but write the game.

one year ago

According to this:

https://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-parlor-room/message/28136

I managed to actually get the A ending somehow. Fuck if I remember how, but at least that rules out the possibility of the creator fucking something up in the code, as his last login date is way before my message.

Apparently I even posted a comment on the game:

Excellent game. If you're having issues reaching ending A, tell the truth about the plague and have both high fame and popularity.

view more...

Celicni on 1/27/2021 7:44:10 PM with a score of 260

Dunno how the score is calculated but I do seem to have a pretty high one, at least compared to the other commenters. Wonder whether the score is "fame" or "popularity" or a combination of both. Schtup if I know how those 2 dudes got 320 and 370 respectively.

I can only assume people reaching ending B don't have their fame and popularity high enough.

one year ago
I just figured it out; apparently you have to let the priest sacrifice the people only if you become the new saint (Fame - 320, Popularity - 220)

one year ago
Hire alchemist, hunt the bandit, recruit peasant squire, kill bandits immediately, do tourney (wine and bread, sit, don't cheat and keep competing), one condition (new saint), Fetch alchemist, use alchemist's plan, proclaim truth, meet emissary, relieve knight of his duty, use trick from lowly-born knight. I chose not to sacrifice the people because I wanted to be completely good, but being the religion's saint gives over 300 fame.