Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Why are there 866 guests online?

3 years ago

Usually, it's around 50-250; why are there so many?

3 years ago

Now it's back down to 167... weird!

3 years ago
Well I missed it but I suppose I'll take your word for it. If it was a glitch it's not one I've ever seen before. It's possible we had a story linked on a reddit or by a youtuber or something, that's happened before...but they disappeared awfully quickly if so.

3 years ago
SPIDERBOTS!

3 years ago

...YOU ARE MY NEW BEST FRIEND XD

3 years ago
I imagine a twitch streamer wanted to play a cyoa game and was looking around on google for a place to do that, clicked on cys (and thus all the people watching also clicked on cys) decided it was meh and then left to go somewhere else. that's the only situation I can inagine off the top of my head why there'd be 800 guests online for only a minute or two

That was Ford's theory in the discord and I'm just going with this too since nothing else I can think of makes any sense.

3 years ago

I imagine a twitch streamer wanted to play a cyoa game and was looking around on google for a place to do that, clicked on cys (and thus all the people watching also clicked on cys) decided it was meh and then left to go somewhere else.

Our site is not meh, it's the best gosh darn writing community ever!

3 years ago

You said it. 'meh' to them!

3 years ago
If people are just saying it's a great writing community now and not a toxic portal to Hell, we've really been slacking this year...

3 years ago

That's okay, even if it's toxic, it's still awesome. :]