Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 12/12/2016: Doable with scripting

[Editor] Allow Out of Chapter Links

17 years ago
Note:
This feature was originally accepted on Jul 18 2006 4:41PM, but was subsequently demoted to "New" in The Feature Wishing Well Clean-out.

The acceptance comments were ok we can change this paradigm. it may make your storygames more tough to work with, but that's your call

Okay, allow me to explain how this one operates:  Usually, if you are moving to another chapter (or section) you will almost always go to that first page (or the chosen page).  However, sometimes if you have to do a lot of backtracking, and the chapter has several exits (i.e., links to other chapters), then shouldn't  you be able to be more specific about linking to other pages?  So that you don't have to go to the same page over and over again?

We do that with the item tools.  Why can't we do that with the links?

17 years ago

This is a good observation, and one that has some difficulty for myself, too. the idea of chapters is to simplify things and make it easier for the author. The idea is that restricting this makes it easier.

I will leave this one open to discussion as i want to get everyone else's opinion as well.

17 years ago

This wouldn't be nessicary if you made Previous Chapter and Previous Chapter wouldn't be needed if you make this. I'd go with Previous Chapter though cause it's easier to understand and can make a lot more advanced features.

Just my opinion.

havacoman

17 years ago
I agree with Havacoman, he's right about what he said!

17 years ago
I'd rather have this then previous chapter.  But both would be cool although unnesicary

11 years ago

This is possible with scripting and the $DEST system variable now, but I can't see any reason why this shouldn't be implemented in the Advanced Editor.

11 years ago

Agreed. I'd like this.

11 years ago

Agreed, there's a work-around but having it as a feature would be convenient.

9 years ago
Yep, that would be appreciated.