Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

R.I.P Kentaro Miura (creator of Berserk)

2 years ago
Wanted to share the sad news.

"[Report of the death of Professor Kentaro Miura]
Dr. Kentaro Miura, the author of "Berserk", passed away on May 6, 2021 due to acute aortic dissection. We would like to express our utmost respect and gratitude to Dr. Miura's painting work and pray for his soul.
May 20, 2021 Hakusensha Co., Ltd. Young Animal Editorial Department"

Saw this on Twitter and It broke my heart. Kentaro Miura was a hero of mine who inspired alot of my art and writing and I don't think i'd be the same person if I hadn't experienced his work In Berserk. As someone who suffers from depression and *had* thoughts of suicide the message in Berserk of keep struggling for the good things in life and for others really changed my whole world view and I'd say its something that saved my life. His death hits hard and I don't think ill really ever get over it.

2 years ago

Damnit, we will never see the ending of berserk then... Casca has even gotten her sanity back.. it's hardbreaking that he died without finishing that masterpiece. God I loved his work. Miura was indeed a legend

2 years ago
Heard about it at work last night and was genuinely upset for the rest of my shift. Really sucks he had to go, especially considering how young he was. Berserk was also a really big part of my life and I'm sad that now it'll never be finished, at least not by Miura.