Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Can I add a link to a page in a different chapter?

2 years ago
In the editor, I've created a new chapter with a few pages in it, but I want a page in the chapter before that to have links to multiple pages in the chapter after it, but when I add a link, the pages don't come up in the 'page' dropbox and if I add a link to the chapter, it will only have a link to one page.
I hope this makes sense.

2 years ago
There's a script that lets you link to any page.

It's just $DEST := @P24 (or whatever the page number is)
Put that in the link script, which is the icon next to the title of the choice they'll click, and it'll hijack the player and move them to that page no matter what default destination the choice is set up for.

That said, the Chapters are really just for the author to use to organize their pages, the readers will never see any of that and many prefer to just not use them at all. But the $DEST script is still useful to know, it lets you do things like check a variable from earlier choices and put in a delayed consequence.

2 years ago
Which icon is it?

2 years ago
After you add a choice to a page, it's the one closest to it, to the far right of the others. Opens a white text box that says Edit Script and will vote for Trump in 2024.