Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Changing Title/Link Colors for Every Page

one year ago

I want to use a black background for my storygame, which would require me to change the title and link colors. I know I can use font tags on each page, but that's probably going to take a while for my storygame. I'm not really familiar with html and using the global link/page thingy, so can someone help?

one year ago
You could just tell readers to get the extension for dark mode. It's here.

one year ago
Global Background Change

To set up a background image to all of the pages, without having to manually put in the code on every page you can use simple scripting. Its actually pretty easy. To do this, your story must be an advanced editor story, and you must have scripting turned on. Then, you click on the Scripts tab in your story, and click on Global Page Script. This opens up a window, and what you type in here will get applied to all the pages in your story. This is what you need to type in the scripting window:

$PAGETEXT := $PAGETEXT + ""

Then change 'URL' to the url you found earlier. You can still easily have a single page have a different background from the others (for instance, having the first page look like a book cover, and then the other pages have an aged paper look to it). All you have to do is go to the individual page and then put the background image code in that page and it will override the one on the global script.

(You can just use other things than "background" here as well)

one year ago

*Everyone liked that*