Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 3/31/2024: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chapters and pages deleted on old chooseyourstory

one month ago

I have recently just come back to an old chooseyourstory that I had opened with a friend several years ago. Upon playtesting again after so long, we discovered that many links and pages that we are almost POSITIVE existed, no longer exist. Furthermore, upon editing these projects, it seems ENTIRE CHAPTERS have been deleted from our old games. Reviewing items and variables, objects seem to still exist for rooms/pages they are no longer bound to. Is it possible to recover these chapters or are they gone forever?

one month ago

Just going to address you and Homebound Rex here since you're both asking the same question

I'm guessing its either of these two?

https://chooseyourstory.com/story/john-platt~3a-revenge-of-bling-bling-boy-2-~2d-the-octahedron's-ascension

https://chooseyourstory.com/story/test12342

From what I can tell, these stories itself still exists otherwise they wouldn't have even opened. The first page on both looks like how all the stories look before you work on them so as far as I can tell these were completely untouched by anyone.

one month ago

Okay, I'm guessing you're working on it again since the first page just changed.

one month ago

No it is not. I will publish the orginal story right now so you can see, but most the content is lost. Its very very stupid but it was dear and near to our hearts.

one month ago

There is too many missing paths too publish it due to the corruption, and that seems rather monotonous. Do you know of an admin (unless thats you) that can look into it without us publishing the actual story?

one month ago
what is the title of the game

one month ago

one month ago

Yes that is the game. Just to clarify for everyone else these are the names.

A Gamer's Tale Revise

Walter Clements' Omega Dodecahedron

one month ago
what specifically is missing? if there's any text you remember verbatim I can search to see if it exists in an old version of the database. page titles, link text, page text, unique item or variable names, etc.

one month ago

Its really just everything. Weve found items missing, a large amount of pages, and various other aspects of the story. We do recall making alot more for the game, and other people we know remember playing through it. Its been quite a long time since the making of our stupid little story, so I dont think I can really remember anything verbatim.

Although their was alot of mentions of Obama, Obamium, etc. Here are some characters that we had (I was in middle school)

- Chester Cheetah

- Sans

- Bling Bling Boy

- Peter Griffin

- Furry Peter

(Sorry)

one month ago
There's no indication of any changes to either game since october of 2020. Omnipixil was the last to login in 2021, and has storygame notes in his cys notepad so maybe there's some ideas written down there or something? Other than that, you may have just dreamed or talked about the progress and over the years misremembered how much was actually put down and saved on-site. The games look identical to themselves today as they did in october 2021 and have remained with nothing happening to them in the years since then.

one month ago

Thats a damn shame. I do for SURE remeber their being the game, but I also remeber the game corrupting back then a bit, but I dont know if we started over or not back then.

None the less, thank you very much for your help! :)

one month ago
Okay interesting, I was starting to ask last night if edits were logged somewhere when I passed out at the keyboard. Although that seemed a bit of a stretch even knowing the site logs an incredible amount of detail. But now we know!

No one has ever complained of anything similar happening that I can recall, so the idea that the site was just eating whole chapters and pages seemed farfetched anyway, especially when these are 2019 accounts and not anything out of the misty past.

Maybe they should check their Google docs too if they remember stuff being written down.

Or maybe they're from a parallel universe where there indeed was more writing done, and the doppelgangers they've displaced were just lazy in comparison.

one month ago

I already told the tech wizard admins about it, so I guess they'll look into it when they can