Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago

So, if I were thinking about making a follow-up to Snow, which of the following would you most like to see?

A. Rewrite the original story, but make it longer.

B. Write a sequel to the original story.

C. Write a new story, with the same basic idea behind it.

D. Forget it, write something new.

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago

D.  Leave snow alone and start something else.  It truly doesn't need a follow up - it's great.  don't risk a crappy sequel and don't change a game that's so well loved.

march

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
I agree

D

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
D

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
:D

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
Snow was a good story, so I wouldn't risk making a sequel to it, or rewriting it for that matter. Don't let that stop you from writing it in the far future though, just don't write it too soon. Let Snow sink in first.

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago

i second what doc oct said, and D!

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
lol mage.

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago

Wow...I guess i'm the only to vote B....so....B. WOO-HOO, NOW I'M A REBEL!

riley

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
thats democratic, not rebellious :P

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
Read it and weep DV13, read it and weep. lol.

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago

....but...i want to be a rebel...

riley

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
hes weeping alright, lol, alright, we'll call you rebel ONLY because you are the great Empire!

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
Good. now go destroy a planet or something.

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago

...riley

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
lol!

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
Riley the Darth Vader?

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago

Riley? i coudl have sworn it was Anakin...

nate`

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago

and this is coming from someone who isnt even a starwars fan.

your covers blown "riley"

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago

you are right there, not a star wars fan. but i cant get the movies out of my head. lol Jar Jar, anakin, obi, queen... those names and titles will stick with me for years.

nate

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago

Oh i Agree completely.

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
A or D. no sequels. It is impossible for this to have a realistic sequel.

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
True enough.

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago

<< you are right there, not a star wars fan. but i cant get the movies out of my head. lol Jar Jar, anakin, obi, queen... those names and titles will stick with me for years. nate >>

Actually, I'm a star wars fan, but I forget those names all the time. I still think of star wars as being Luke, Han, Leia, Darth, etc. I guess that's a generational gap thing going on there, lol. While the special effects were amazing in eps 1,2,3, I still think the plot and the acting was so much better in eps 4,5,6. Anyhow, just an opinion, not going to start a debate here :)

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
Oh yeah, forgot about the thread topic. I'd say, write a new story, not rewrite or change Snow in any way :)

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
Nate was born in 78, your an adult aren't you?  What generation gap lol.

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
i think he means a generation gap between the movies... but yeah, they are both adults... so...

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
OHHH, lol I get it hahahah

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago

I'm spamming my own post. . .

So far it seems to me that the people in "my generation" -- people in their 20's or older, liked the Luke/Leia arc better.  Young people like the Anakin arc.  In fact, most kids under 12 that I talk to seem to think Phantom Menace was the best in the series.  Maybe it has to do with which ones are "the originals" to you. . .  My friend's nephew told me that the Luke/Leia movies aren't as good because "the special effects are crappy."  Well, little boy, the dialogue in the Anakin movies is "crappy."  Come to think of it, the dialogue is kinda heavy in the Luke/Leia series, too, but Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford pull it off better.  Hayden Christensen looked like he had no idea what to do with his lines in Attack of the Clones.  I saw him in Shattered Glass, and he was brilliant.  So it's got to be either the script or the director. . .

Notice how I don't say "first" trilogy?  Friend's Nephew and I got into it about which trilo is "first."  He says Anakin is "first,"  I say Luke/Leia is "first."  I don't care about chronologically, kid.  With as many references as the Anakin arc makes to the first trilogy, the filmmakers have to be thinking that you've seen the Luke/Leia movies before.  Also, if you watched the films for the first time in chrono order, you'll ruin the big surprise moment when Luke finds out Vader is his father. 

Honestly, I liked the Clone Wars cartoons better than some of the movies.  Especially General Grievous.  He was cool in the cartoons, but he kinda sucked in the film.

Speaking of chronology, I also dislike the publisher's decision to print the Narnia books in chrono order, instead of the order they originally came in.  I'm sorry, people, but you have to read LWW first, not Magician's Nephew!! 

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
Well Im 15, and I agree that the IV, V and VI movies are better then the I, II, III ones.  So I dont think its a generation thing.

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
o........k................

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
Yeah, IV, V, and VI are the better ones.
Although episode III is pretty cool too.
I think I like the originals better because my older brothers watched them alot and had the figurins, helmets,etc. They also gave me there old stuff and show me BOBA FETT who still rocks to this day.
I'm Age 12

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago

Maybe it depends on which you see first. 

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
I liked Episode III as well.

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago

so.... snow? 

march

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
The Concensus is D.

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
I think you mean :D

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
Yes, :D

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
lol, : D

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago

Basically Seth, do something else.

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
YA< GOD!!!

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
The best part of Snow was...the making love scene!!!!!

Yeah, I know.

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
Agreeddddddddd

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
D.

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
i think u should make and sequal or make it longer. It was one of my favorite stories but it was a little short.

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
Hold on... Where is this "making love scene"?  I never found a part where they have sex...

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago

i cant remember much about it, but i do believe there was a page where they got intimate, but it wasnt too descriptive from my memory. probably just too steamy for a kids heart lol

nate

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
I remember one scene with no shirt... But nothing more then that,

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago

there are a few pages that talk about breasts. and they do have sex on one page. its only like a few sentences. i looked again today cause i couldnt remember what it was.

nate

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
HUH? How do you get there?

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago

uhhhh, dont remember exactly, but i remember you are drawing her or something. happens around that time..ish...

nate

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
Yeah thats the part with the "no-shirt"

Question for Snow fans

16 years ago
My bad, found it.