Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Casablanca

16 years ago

anyone seen that? i dont expect as many youngens to have seen it, but still... the reason i ask is cause im making a game that is heavily influenced by Casablanca. so, if you have seen it, what do you remember most? like the most? so forth and so on...

nate

Casablanca

16 years ago
I've heard it in a few places. It was on television for the weekend movie but I forgot to watch it. It looks pretty good though.

Casablanca

16 years ago

it is pretty good, its a classic after all lol. you cant go wrong with Humphrey Bogart. the Bogey was a great actor. I loved him with James Cagney in 'Roaring 20's'. youd never guess that it was about gangsters lol. anyway, i digress. this story im working on is going along fine, (minus the laptop set back). however, i was just wanting any memories that people had of it so that i could incorporate them into the game. id hate for the casablanca overtone to be lost in the story.

nate

Casablanca

16 years ago

The thing I remember most, is that the "you must remember this" song sounded nothing like any of the modern versions of the song. Every time I hear the original, I'm surprised again by how fast it was. I don't remember particular things about the movie though. I did like the relationship bit between the characters, how they felt about each other, but acted differently because of the situations they were in, and how that ended up in the end of the movie.

Casablanca

16 years ago
"somehow, just because you despise me, you are the only one I trust"

Casablanca

16 years ago

i like that quote. and that fits in perfectly with teh story too. im gonna have to use it.  thanks a lot everyone.

nate

Casablanca

16 years ago
it is my altime favorite movie. you can't beat it
i love the movie's class...i love the characters and the actors, they're all trong.....i love how 2 poeple put aside their love for the greater good

Casablanca

16 years ago
thats great. im glad its your favorite. i hope i make it worthy of the movie for you then. let me know if you wanna look at it. however, at this point i dont have much and im having continuous computer problems so dont expect it anytime soon. but im pretty good about delivering when i talk about a game. it just takes me awhile sometimes. lol
nate

Casablanca

16 years ago
unless he is workign with solostrike, and then he is blown away at the amount of things that can be done in one day :P

Casablanca

16 years ago
haha,  very true. but even when i got you on my but to do something i still find ways of stalling. lol but im working hard this time.  our game will rock and its going to be great. as for my casablanca tribute game, its gonna be out eventually... lol
nate

Casablanca

16 years ago

ahahha its all worthwhile eh? i find this site to be a cool-down site for me... i like writing.. and scripting... both hobbies... specially scripting :P

anyways... yeah, its worthwhile to wait for a release!

Casablanca

16 years ago
Never seen it but it looks good.