Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Movies...

16 years ago

if someone were to do another movie game for the site, what would you like to see? meaning, what type of story?

nate

Movies...

16 years ago
You mean like Locked Out and The Interrogator?  Or, a game about a movie?

Movies...

16 years ago

like what you mentioned. id love to see march make a new one personally. but i can make simpler ones.

nate

Movies...

16 years ago
How about (sorry if they're already there):

Home Alone
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Spirited Away
Castle in the Sky
Titanic (I think it'd be great, actually; it has a lot of potential)

I'm actually working on one about a movie right now; SO DON'T TAKE IT!!

Movies...

16 years ago
ehhe for the record, i loved the ferris bueler movie (vickie is talking about that) !

Movies...

16 years ago

good movie choices. but i was refering to people on the site making their own movie games for the site. liked what seth mentioned. the locked out series, and interrogator.

nate

Movies...

16 years ago
haha true, both of us didnt catch that :p

Movies...

16 years ago

Um, way ahead of you guys.

Does anybody even read my posts anymore? :(

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g2n56PE8rmM

Movies...

16 years ago

So your hosting that on the site?

youve talked to Alex?

Movies...

16 years ago

im aware that you posted this movie idea, moldy oldies. i wasnt trying to over look it. but that is a project already in the works. no real area for changes lol. i was asking more or less for the sake of the rest of us who are either working on movie projects, or (like me) would love to work on a new one. i dont want my game to be the only one I attempt. i want to do more.

nate

Movies...

16 years ago

Another horror like the CYOA movie would be great. (moldy oldiez looks more like a comedy from the youtube video)

riley

Movies...

16 years ago

Lol, how'd you guess?

Me and Chris could probably make a real life horror one, like with a Friday the 13thish theme, when we're done our other projects. You know, I've only seen Freddy vs Jason and no other Jason movies but there's this great video on YouTube that shows nearly every kill from all the movies back to back. It looks pretty cool.

So yeah, horror movie game, great idea, Not in the near future, but one day, yes.

Movies...

16 years ago
Imagine a STARWARS CYOA Video.  IT could like take place in some field (battlefiled), and you could like dress up as like darth vader and dude it would be awesome cuz the user cuz actually go through interactive fight scenes

Movies...

16 years ago
Yeah, they already have that. It's called buying Battlefront (1 or 2, whatever) and playing it, lol.

Movies...

16 years ago

He said Star Wars CYOA Video. Not starwars Video Game. (and yes, i know u were joking)

riley

Movies...

16 years ago

DV13, if we lived like near eachother, we could so do this. it would be frieking awesome.

Movies...

16 years ago
The internet can substitute home proximity, so I don't really see why if you lived near DV13, it would help you make the game.

Movies...

16 years ago
i saw "video" so im sure you need to be with each other to make a video... unless you have adobe movie maker or w/e the adobe equivalent is to windows movie maker (cuz adobes is better than M$'s) and you know how to use green screens and the program itself... its hard to do it over the internet. But if people want to film individually and then put together as if they were in the same scene, i can help you do that... if you want...

Movies...

16 years ago
Oh, I didn't catch the Video part. Yeah, lots of people make video CYOA. And also many Star Wars vids.

Movies...

16 years ago
So I make random posts to bolster my count but Anubis here just "doesnt see things" to bolster his....  Much better.  (And yeah Im sure you see lots of CYOA vids... You gotta be kidding me... idiot.)

Movies...

16 years ago

And you reply to Anubis' to boost yours again, and I just replied to tell you that, and then a moderator will delete it and boost their post count, then somebody will complain to boost their post count - the list goes on.

I'd like to see a crazily awesome horror moviegame. Seriously, it'd be awesome. I've got this idea about how you walk out into the dining room which faces the backyard in the dead of the night (early morning, 2-3am) and see a dark figure doing laps of breaststroke in the backyard pool. You think he's a robber or something so you flick the switch to turn the pool light on from inside, and then turn it off to let him know you're watching, and then he turns and looks you in the eye and swims out of the pool and then starts walking towards the house. The house is sort of on a decking though, you know, sort of on stilts because a hill is on a slant from the front to the back, so you'll be looking down on the guy in the pool. I've visualised it, and if I ever get it done it'll be incredibly awesome.

Movies...

16 years ago
That actually does sound pretty cool. lol now im a bit creeped out (reading this at like 1 am here lol)

Movies...

16 years ago

i had a similar creepy character idea too oct. my idea was this:

a man goes to a house at 3 in the morning, intent on braking in. he gets up on the front porch, starts to work on the door when a voice is heard. over on the front porch swing is a shadowy figure who warns not to do it. The man ignores the warning and breaks in. he then gets into the living room. upon entering the house the same shadowy figure is seen, sitting on the couch now. he again warns not to continue. upon going upstairs the man gets killed and enters Hell. where he meets that same shadowy figure...

there is more, in my vision it was then that the choices would begin.

nate

Movies...

16 years ago
Did you ever play Heist: A Thief's Nightmare on newgrounds?  It has a similar premise- a guy breaks into a house, and there are lots of creepy things inside.

Movies...

16 years ago

never played it. the only thing on new grounds that i do consistantly is watch the xombie "movies".

nate

Movies...

16 years ago
do you mean zombie? or is it like an artist xombie?

Movies...

16 years ago

i meant Xombie. its a zombie movie series. they last like 5 minutes a piece. this guy has been making them for years now. they are making a movie of it that is supposed to be out this year on DVD. might get it if it aint too much. money is tight right now. go to newgrounds.com and look it up. the first 3 or so are pretty good. the newer ones, while better graphics and more characters, has strayed from the original feel. imo.

nate

Movies...

16 years ago
For some reason it wont let me on to newgrounds....

Movies...

16 years ago

i just checked it. seems they are doing some upgrades to the site. it wont let me on either. oh well, itll be back. its a very popular site. ill check tonight.

nate

Movies...

16 years ago
I remember using it very briefly, is it the one with a yellow and black skin?

Movies...

16 years ago

its back up now 3j, go to the series link and scroll to the bottom. Xombie is the series. they arent the best, but i thought they were a good few minutes of entertainment.

nate

Movies...

16 years ago

Newgrounds steals several hours of my life every few months. . .