Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Don't get High

14 years ago

Yeah, I've been working on a story called Don't get High, so far it's a slow job, what I really need is inspiration. Like, there are gonna be places to go where you can get high, parties, concerts, stuff like that. It's gonna be more like Don't get CAUGHT High.

I'll accept any suggestions for things to put in, jokes, bands, things high people do, ANYTHING.

Don't get High

14 years ago

Here's what high people do: die a slow, painful, horrible death in the gutter of society, eventually dying before they can reach a hospital before their previously-neglegent family weeps in guilt and sorrow. :D

Don't get High

14 years ago

That's a lunatic answer Anubis - you have obviously never gotten high. :P

Don't get High

14 years ago
Oh yeah, that happens every time.

Don't get High

14 years ago

Fun times! :D

Don't get High

14 years ago

"You know all these musicians that don't do drugs, and in fact speak out against them? ... BOY do they Suck!!!" -Bill Hicks

Don't get High

14 years ago
Except, not. Rise Against is straight edge.

Don't get High

14 years ago

Pooned.

Don't get High

14 years ago

Okay there are some people who actually have talent, like Rise Against or Ted Nugent, but there are also the vast majority of Vanilla Ice, Miley Cyrus and the like.

...other ideas?

Don't get High

14 years ago

Do they speak out against drugs?

Don't get High

14 years ago

Fuck Tylenol.

Don't get High

14 years ago

Sometimes I need it though.

Don't get High

14 years ago
Not really, no. Actually, not at all, except in the form of; "We don't do it."

They're topics of import are usually either political, animal-rights, or environmental. But they do a lot of topics, essentially none on drugs.

Don't get High

14 years ago
Oh and you know, I can only think of ONE band that was good doing heroin (so many good bands do that one) BUT ALSO good after they go clean.

99% of bands that are all into heroin, and then go clean, end up sucking shit. The Chili Peppers though, they're still fucking pro, after going clean.

Don't get High

14 years ago

I wasn't thinking getting "high" referred only to heroin. Nearly any creative influence seems to have, at many points in their career, been high with alcohol or different drugs, and when they get clean, they tend to suck.

However, I would by no means say that getting high in any way helps the creative process or is the cause of the creative process; I think, rather, that people who are very creative tend to have brains that lead in a certain direction, and unfortunately, that direction tends to be drugs and alcohol.

Here are some examples:

Johnny Cash, Ernest Hemingway, Trent Reznor (note that last few albums after not drinking/drugging), Kurt Cobain.

I love Bill Hicks.

Don't get High

14 years ago

Looks like your game sparked a...discussion about drugs and bands, AIDS. I would say good luck to you for your project, but I don't want to.

Don't get High

14 years ago

Dave Mustaine?