Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Shameless Promoting

12 years ago

I'm still pretty new to this site, but I've loved choose your own adventure stories for as long as I can remember.  After reading stories on this site like "Mommy, Can I Go Out And Kill Tonight", "Magus: Betrayal", and my favorite "Necromancer" I decided to join and write one of my own to contribute to this site.  It is my first story but I actually feel pretty damn good about it.  It's under Fantasy Adventure and is entitled "The Search For The Craxil".  Since its my first story I'm kind of eager to see it get read so I'm doing some shameless promoting for it right now lol.  I also entered it into that Fantasy story contest thing that's going on but hey... its published now.  You guys are awesome and I hope I can match your level of writing!

Shameless Promoting

12 years ago
I'm excited to read it :)

Shameless Promoting

12 years ago
I'll go read it now.

Shameless Promoting

12 years ago

I need to read it, Necromancer's my favorite too.

Shameless Promoting

12 years ago

Very well done, it was heaps of fun to play!

Shameless Promoting

12 years ago

Thank you all, I was ecstatic to see a player score of 7 out of 8 so far.  I am currently working on "Leper:  Aftermath of the Craxil" which follows the sister's quest to rid herself of the plague she carries.  Some very good points were brought up in the commentary for this game, mostly plot holes regarding the Craxil which I admit are pretty glaring.  I intend to make my next two projects substantially better than this one.  Still, for a first story it seems to have come out pretty good despite a few plot errors.

Shameless Promoting

12 years ago
Feel free to enter multiple stories into the contest as well, by the way. Just tag them with the fantasy contest tag.

Shameless Promoting

12 years ago
Yeah, I plan to do so. Increases your chances of winning...unless you suck! :D

Shameless Promoting

12 years ago

@jwelch

Can't wait to read it, the Craxil was a pretty good ending, although I have to admit that I only finished the bad ending, I'm normally pretty thorough