Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

13 years ago

This thread is meant for a continuation of discussion on The Fantasy Contest because the other thread got really long.

Contest Theme: Swords and Sorcery / High Fantasy
Deadline: August 1st

Stories are NOT automatically entered! You should post in this thread with your intent to write a story for the contest. If you post your intent in the next week and then come through and actually release something, there will be a 15 EXP point reward. You don't have to post your intent, you can just publish a story and then afterwards tell us that you're entering but you won't get the 15 point reward.

On August 1st, each person who has entered the contest (and anyone who hasn't, but who wants to vote) will read ALL of the stories. No one is allowed to vote on just a few. You have to vote on ALL or NONE of the stories. If you enter a story, you really should participate in voting. The reason you can't vote on just a few is that if you're a person who leaves exceptionally high or low ratings, the stories you vote on will be affected either negatively or positively with respect to the other stories.

Voting will occur by sending your votes to me. You will send your opinion of MY story to a delegate (we'll choose who closer to August) so that it's anonymous still, and you don't feel intimidated to rate how you feel about my story. That person will send me the votes for my story and I'll tally an average. I think we'll probably just give a mark out of 10 for each story. Infinite story rates on three categories (Creativity, Enjoyment and Technical Aspects) but in my opinion, only enjoyment matters. If a story is more creative and better written, you'll enjoy it more and that will reflect in your mark. You will also be expected to leave approximately a paragraph in comments for the author, this can be left on the comments section or messaged with your rating if you'd like it to be anonymous.

Afterwards, we'll all vote on the person who left the best comments (if you submit your comments anonymously, you forfeit the chance to win this vote) and the winner will receive a prize.

S&S/HF?

Swords and Sorcery and High Fantasy are both subgenres of the genre of Fantasy. Your story needs to qualify as one or both of S&S or HF to be eligible for the contest. We'll be fairly lenient but here are some guidelines:

S&S - Revolves around a swashbuckling hero.
HF - Occurs (at least partly) in a completely made up world.

Note: Harry Potter would be considered High Fantasy because the world of witchcraft and wizardry is completely made up, even though it occurs alongside and within the real world. It's a hazy area but like I said, there will be leniancy.

Note: Sci/Fi is not Fantasy for the purpose of this contest. Just replace robot with elf xD

REWARDS

Contest Winner: 200 EXP points and hopefully the contest trophy.
Contest Second Place: 50 EXP points
Contest Third Place: 15 EXP Points
All Contest Entrances that Confirm Their Participation in the next week: 15 EXP points
Best Commenter: 50 EXP points

OTHER RULES

Judging: Votes will be normalized so that stories created by the most generous judge won't be penalized by not being rated by that judge. All entrants should rate all entered stories (besides their own). It would be a good idea to read/rate as they come out and then record what you gave it so that you don't have an insane amount of reading to do at the end. If you do decide to do it this way, I would suggest skimming through again at the end to make sure your opinion hasn't changed.

Multiple Entries: Go for it! Although, time might be better spent writing one awesome story instead.

Co-Authors: Are not allowed. Entries should be solo-projects.

Entering a Story: When releasing a story for the contest, you should tag it as FANTASY CONTEST (it's a new tag). Also, post here just to ensure we don't miss it.

Entering Old Stories: Nope! Although you could have had the idea before the contest started, the story should have been written specifically for the contest. This is an honor system.

ENTRANTS AND ENTRIES (will likely end up being revised later down in the post)

BONUS POINT ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS (17)
3J
October
Sunshine
Zikara
Spartan
Erudite
Ugilick
Seaton731
Mokarran
Leviathan
DRBickham
Romulus
madglee
ArmoredHorse
jkulibert2
JackThaedos
Fergie

ADDITIONAL ENTRANTS (10)
Magicman
Dracortez
Methodkid
Retro64
Deadly_Sinner66
Cat2000
Mizal
Sethaniel
Mr.Xcentrix
jlwelch (The Search for the Craxil)

Current Entrants Amount: 27

Continue to signup if you're interested!

The first story has come in! Make sure to tag entered stories with the 'Fantasy Contest' tag. Thanks :)

The Fantasy Contest (II)

13 years ago
Do I have to post to enter? I'll enter it.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

13 years ago
3J
October
Sunshine
Zikara
Spartan
Erudite
Ugilick
Seaton731
Mokarran
Leviathan
DRBickham
Romulus
madglee
ArmoredHorse
jkulibert2
JackThaedos
Fergie

ADDITIONAL ENTRANTS (10)
Magicman
Dracortez
Methodkid
Retro64
Deadly_Sinner66
Cat2000
Mizal
Sethaniel
Mr.Xcentrix
Greencloud

Current Entrants Amount: 28

Continue to signup if you're interested!

The Fantasy Contest (II)

13 years ago
3J the numbers are still the same. This is a catastrophe!

The Fantasy Contest (II)

13 years ago
Hi, ya'll, I'm new around here :) I have a bad habit of not posting often in forums and just being a lurker instead, though, so you may not see me much.

Annnnyways, I do believe I have a question. I have a storygame that fits the criteria, but only sort of fits the not started rule. I'd started it before(probably like a year ago) but I only got about seven or eight sections in, where I gave up on it, 'cause the plot was going no where. I never planned to pick it up again, but I found it the other day and did a complete plot overhaul (Like, the very beginning is the same, but nothing else is, I changed like everything). A couple of the parts I had written got copy and pasted--but even they got edited significantly. Other then that, it's new.

SO! I was wondering if it was enter able. I realize that I'm sort of standing on the line, so if you say it's not, it's okay. I'm not going to be upset or anything. I just thought I'd give it a shot, 'cause it would be nice to enter it.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

13 years ago
If you look at JJJ-TheBanisher's previous post, it says to continue entering if you like. If I were him, I would never to no to someone using their creative juices. Write on brother, write on!

The Fantasy Contest (II)

13 years ago
EDIT: Never SAY no. My bizzad.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

13 years ago

it shouldnt be a problem, but i have no authoraty here.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

13 years ago
Why not just wait for 3J to log on?

The Fantasy Contest (II)

13 years ago

i have no intention of taking his thunder, but im fairly certain it shouldnt be a problem, if i can offer temporary reasurence, then I shall. i am however quite certain i could be wrong it this call, so left a nice little diesclamer. sorry about the misspell by the way.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

13 years ago
Sounds find to me and don't worry about stealingthunder, there's no thunder to be stolen.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

13 years ago

Agreed. I guess I should have thought your post was redundant, I just didn't. Apologies!

The Fantasy Contest (II)

13 years ago

its fine, im difficult to offend or irritate. I realy apreciate the apology though.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

13 years ago

No problem, gotta apologize where it is due. Otherwise I look like a dick--, nevermind too late!

The Fantasy Contest (II)

13 years ago

i lauged quite loudly when i read that. ^^

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

very clever sir, very clever

The Fantasy Contest (II)

13 years ago
Not sure who to reply too, this forum is set up really weirdly. Anyways, thanks! I guess that means that you can consider me an entrant.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

13 years ago
3J
October
Sunshine
Zikara
Spartan
Erudite
Ugilick
Seaton731
Mokarran
Leviathan
DRBickham
Romulus
madglee
ArmoredHorse
jkulibert2
JackThaedos
Fergie

ADDITIONAL ENTRANTS (12)
Magicman
Dracortez
Methodkid
Retro64
Deadly_Sinner66
Cat2000
Mizal
Sethaniel
Mr.Xcentrix
Greencloud
Thefliesaredancing

Current Entrants Amount: 29

Just reply to the bottom of the thread or the first post :)

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

I'm entering.  Guess I gotta take back that collab request though.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
3J
October
Sunshine
Zikara
Spartan
Erudite
Ugilick
Seaton731
Mokarran
Leviathan
DRBickham
Romulus
madglee
ArmoredHorse
jkulibert2
JackThaedos
Fergie

ADDITIONAL ENTRANTS (12)
Magicman
Dracortez
Methodkid
Retro64
Deadly_Sinner66
Cat2000
Mizal
Sethaniel
Mr.Xcentrix
Greencloud
Thefliesaredancing
TooMuchSpace

Current Entrants Amount: 30

12 years ago
I'm not nearly as close as I'd hoped I'd be for this contest. But I still have a month to go, right? So I'll be good.

12 years ago

Ide actually like to request an extension on the time limit. Is this possible?

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Just to revert the name back to normal.

Fantasy Contest II

12 years ago
Unlikely. Only if we have very few stories come August 1st. Lets say under 4.

Fantasy Contest II

12 years ago
I know my post was actually just so I could switch the title to a photo for the prank :P

I'm happy with however it works out, but I think if we do get under four entrants, we really ought to give people more time.

Fantasy Contest II

12 years ago

Just for the record, I've got no chance of finishing Apprentice in time for the deadline (despite making it like a hundred times smaller than Devil West), so I might just enter a smaller story which will be unlikely to win the contest but it could be interesting either way.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
JJJ, I would like to be a voter as well. Could you please post a list of all the stories that have been finished?

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

(Putting this here because this bizarro forum software won't let me reply to the OP.)

After not being able to touch it for a month due to life happening, and spending some time yesterday and today looking over my outline to give myself a little reality check, I'm regretfully announcing my withdrawal from the contest. 

I had some ideas about salvaging the situation by just posting my partially finished entry, or else 'finishing' by writing the rest as a linear story, but in the end decided against it. 

It's been a long time since I've gotten this excited about a writing project. I love the characters and the setting and the plans I made for where it's going, and I don't want to weaken the final product by rushing or tossing it up half-finished.

The story is called Shadow of a Bloody Moon, and if anyone's interested in reading a demo of sorts, I have the first part (30-40 pages or so, ending right before the main branches begin) up at IS: http://www.infinite-story.com/story/5933/ 

I'm going to keep working on it and I am going to finish, but at my own pace so that I can keep the level of quality up where I want it.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
Mizal, I think the contest is going to be extended, so keep plugging away and see if you get it done by Sept 1st.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Oh, seriously? Well, maybe in that case I can manage it then...no promises, but we'll see.

Has no one else finished theirs either yet or what? Now I don't feel so bad if so. :D

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
Precisely.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

hey, how do u vote for stories do u just click on  it and click vote or........... 

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

I'm sorry but I want to leave the contest. I won't be able to finish my storygame because i'm going to india for a few months, so I'm not going to be able to finish my storygame or read and judge the other ones. I hope this isn't a problem.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
I'm sure its not a problem at all. Be sure to finish your story when you get back though!

And also, have fun in India. Are you going there for a trip?

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

No, i'm going to help in my aunt's orphanage there. I'm leaving today. Bye!!

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
Oh wow! You probably won't get this message, but that's really cool!

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

May I join the contest?

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
Yes you may. Do you think you can finish in half a month or so? If you want to join I believe there is a message broad in the Parlor room where you can announce or maybe it is writing workshop.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
Where you need to announce your intent to join, is actually the other Fantasy Contest thread here in News & Updates. I found it for you : The Fantasy Contest

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

It does not allow me to reply.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
That forum is to old. I would just say you are joining here. It would be much easier.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

I am joining the Fantasy Contest.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
I'm not sure I like the old forum feature of this site.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
I think it is to keep old threads from coming back up.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
Oh, I know why its there. I just don't think I like it, because threads like that one -need- to pop back up sometimes, and then you can't. i don't know, I just think that there are better ways of preventing that kind of thing from happening.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
I actually despise that feature simply because I don't see the problem with thread necromancy on a site of this scope.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
LOL, So are we letting Xan do the contest.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

I think she needs to prove she's real first. If not then she could mess up the contest by giving her first account an unfair advantage.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
I think if she actually finishes a story, she should be allowed to vote, but otherwise no. If she does actually manage to finish a story in a month, and the first user also has a story, I think that the quality her work would suffer from having split her time like that would offset her extra vote.

Also, I don't know how she could ever prove that she isn't a second account of someone's.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Oh also would it be possible for me to read the contest stories?

I won't have time to rate and review all of them though.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
Not if you don't want to officially vote. I want to officially vote there for I am going to read them all.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Cool74 are you writing a story?

Anyways, I wanna ask if I could be a voter for the upcoming contest. Is it too late?

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
Not at all! Sounds great. So far there's not many out, so it won't be a tough job.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Do we have to write a review after reading?

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
Well no, but it's expected. Just a few short sentences goes a long way.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
JJJ, I would like to be a voter as well. Could you please post a list of all the stories that have been finished?
Re posting so it is at the bottom.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
I think that so far the only one that is finished and published is 'The Search For The Craxil'. Its the only one that's submitted with the "Fantasy Contest" tag, anyway.

You can find it here: < a href="http://www.myadventuregame.com/story/The_Search_For_The_Craxil.aspx">The Search For The Craxil

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
Bad news, I must drop out of the contest. I will still comment on everyone's stories, trust me, I'm excited to do so. I just don't have the time to complete my story. But, get going on all of yours, I'm excited!

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
I've heard the contest is going to be extended.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Yes, apparently we're not the only ones having procrastination problems, so 3J said it'll probably be Sept. 1st now.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

:D I dont feel so hopeless now!

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

:D  ...Wait... probably? :|

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
Yea, seems like something we might want to know for certain :P

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
Extended until September 1st.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
Yay!

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

HUZZAH! (hehe) Hooray! Thank goodness, I was afraid I was going to submit my story without an ending. :/ Yippee!

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

I'm still probably not gonna finish in time, but at least this delay gave me the motivation to get back into the story and finally write the piece I didn't want to (still have no idea why I didn't want to).

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

I'm with Killa_Robot, I've started work on my story again, even though it's unlikely that I'll finish it in the next month. A little more motivated now, though I'm not sure how long it's going to last.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
I have to drop out D:.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
So how many are actually going to be able to finish due to the extension?

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

We'll find out on Sept. 1st.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Unless it's like extended until November 1 (unlikely) I don't think I'm going to be finished in time.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
I would guess about 5 to 10 people have finished or are close to finishing.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
My story is still nowhere near complete (I was able to get a lot more done due to the extensions but still haven't been able to wrap up any of the main paths in a satisfactory way) but I think the demo is self-contained enough that I'm going to go ahead and enter it...if only because damn if I'm going to spend this long on a project and NOT have anybody read it.

The rest will be finished when it's finished. It would help if the story map would stop growing every time I looked at it... :(

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
Bah, is there any reason the site keeps throwing errors at me when I try to publish?

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e31'

Timeout expired

/my/publisher/gameInfo.asp, line 24

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

That happens to me, too, though not when I published my really short storygame with the exclamation marks. The only cure is time.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
This is infuriating.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
fffff

http://www.chooseyourstory.com/Story/Shadow_of__a_Bloody_Moon.aspx

How do you post links here again?

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Nevermind! It works now hurray!

<a href="http://www.chooseyourstory.com/Story/Shadow_of__a_Bloody_Moon.aspx">Shadow of a Bloody Moon</a>

Enjoy!

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Honestly at the pace I'm going I won't be done till the new year, I did an additional 50 pages with the extension but that's like a small dent. Unless I pick up the pace when school starts.

Then again I never officially entered the contest anyways, so....

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Hah, don't be complaining about your pace, I only wish I could write 50 pages in a month. Being so uncomplete like this I doubt my story's going to do all that well, but I was seriously starting to get the impression there weren't going to be more than a handful of entries (and after all those people posted too, shame on us!) so I figured if nothing else I might as well help pad the contest out a little, and hopefully get some feedback about how my story's general style and direction is going to go over early on.

The latter might be a bit much to hope for though; I didn't even realize you could rate stories here without leaving a comment. (So far I know that out of two readers, one hated it, but that's not very helpful if they don't even explain why!)  

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

I don't really think a 3 constitutes a hate. Just means they didn't like it lol.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Shame. Shame on all of us who said we would do the contest but won't. I know I won't have anything out by the date, and I feel terrible about it and the fact that there isn't even a good reason as to why I haven't been able to type up one storygame in... four months? Four or five. No reason at all, much less a good one.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Which is the reason I never officially signed up. I didn't think I would make it in time. When I write I can't force myself to, everything just has to sort of come out on it's own.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Okay! After the amount of time given (and an extension) I have finally finished my contest entry! It is called Wolf Spirit!

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

I can't wait to read it, but I'm going to wait until every entry is in before reading all of them and commenting on all the stories all at once.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
Heh, funny you should bring up shame, over at IS we recently instituted a SHAME protocol where if you said you were entering and then failed to submit anything, you got saddled with SHAME until you submitted something for the next contest.

Bo's comment about not finishing anything until the new year is sort of funny too, since that's usually the deadline for the IS contests, then THAT deadline will always get pushed forward to around January 16th. And despite having about a year to prepare we had 12 people that agreed to participate in IWT7 and half of them still suffered SHAME!

Yeah, contests are hard to organize.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
Whoops, I meant Killa's comment, not Bo. For some reason I keep thinking the kitten is Bo's avatar.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
Which is why I never entered. I have a story game but no pressure to get it done.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

I already have so many pages...but it has been so much fun that I can say sure that I am only about 45% complete....well, was about 91% complete, but I added new casings which wouldn't make sense if I didn't add more. >.<

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
I'm between cancelling this contest and extending it again.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
Cancelling it would be a dishonor to the people who actually did the work.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Yeah - don't cancel it! You already gave an extension, I think if they can't finish it til then, well . . . they should just turn in what they have. If you give an extension, then I could unpublish and fix the story, but that wouldn't be fair to the others either so . . .

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

There's only one other story apart from your own that was actually submitted if I'm not mistaken. That story seems to be as complete as it's going to be.

I think one of the biggest issues is that we have no idea how long everyone else will actually take or if they even plan on finishing it. Maybe getting those who still plan on finishing it to post in order to confirm that they actually will would help.

Then punish them if they don't follow-through :D

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Here are the people that signed up:

3J
October
Sunshine
Zikara
Spartan
Erudite
Ugilick
Seaton731
Mokarran
Leviathan
DRBickham
Romulus
madglee
ArmoredHorse
jkulibert2
JackThaedos
Fergie
Magicman
Dracortez
Methodkid
Retro64
Deadly_Sinner66
Cat2000
Mizal
Sethaniel
Mr.Xcentrix
Greencloud
Thefliesaredancing
TooMuchSpace

However, some of them haven't been on for so long, I don't think they're coming back. So here's the list I think would be the end result:

3J
October
Sunshine
Zikara
Spartan
Erudite
Ugilick
Seaton731
Mokarran
Leviathan
DRBickham
Romulus
madglee
jkulibert2
Fergie
Dracortez
Methodkid
Deadly_Sinner66
Mizal
Sethaniel
Mr.Xcentrix
Greencloud

Here are the definates that will respond this week and who haven't been seen for a while but might come on:

Definate replies:

3J
October
Zikara
Erudite
Ugilick
madglee - maybe
jkulibert2
Fergie (Wolf Spirit)
Deadly_Sinner66 - maybe
Mizal

Who I haven't seen in a while:

Sunshine
Spartan
Seaton731
Mokarran
Leviathan
DRBickham
Romulus
Dracortez
Methodkid
Mr.Xcentrix - has said he was busy, so I don't know
Greencloud

So, did I miss anyone?

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

I actually forgot, but Mizal submitted his/her story in a demo form already. Given an increase in time I'm sure he/she would try to finish it.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Work expands to fill the time available for its completion. Trying to get more entrants by extending the deadline'll be like trying to reach a limit in calculus. As time goes on, the incomplete stories will get closer to 100% completion, but they will never actually reach it. If the contest is extended, no matter how many times it is extended, I doubt that we'll get many more finished stories. It's not like people haven't had enough time to write the stories. I believe that if people actually WANTED to finish the stories, they would be finished already. What's preventing their completion is that other things are more important in those people's lives than writing these stories, and those things aren't going to just go away. In fact, new important things may pop up in the mean time and cut in line ahead of the stories during whatever extensions you grant them.

Just shame those who don't submit a story and award participatory medals/points to the soldiers who actually completed their stories I say.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

If this deadline really is the last then everyone should just get a penalty of like -1 or -2 end score and hand in what they have when it ends.

I mean in terms of completion mine is no where close to where I want it to be, however it's still just as long as many of the stories out there now.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Many of the completed stories I should say.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
Do you have at least 3 participants that submitted stories? If you've got at least 3 then I'd say that could be the minimum number of stories that can be judged. From there you could just go ahead and judge those 3, if you didn't want to cancel or do any extensions.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

In the last thread (possibly this contest thread, actually), JJJ set the limit at four entries. Just pointing it out; he might change his mind.

As for the contest, I'd probably... extend it, simply because some people are halfway through writing their stories now and cancelling it now would make their storygames ineligible for any follow-up contest. Consider me biased because I don't have an entry in myself, but I think it's hardly a contest win if there's only three or four entries to compete with.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Deadline is today.

So...what's happening?

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

JJJ is still deciding between cancelling and extending.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

30 entrants, and we have 2 completed stories, after a one month extension. :)

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Technically there's three if you count the demo one.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

What's your decision, 3j? Don't cancel it, that wouldn't be fair to the people that worked hard to actually make an entry (all of us) and then the 3 of us that actually finished.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

I think that people who said they'd enter and then failed should lose points. And I'm one of them. Silly slacker bastard that I am. Real life harms me.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

I think everyone should just hand in what they've done. If there's no extension that is.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Everyone who failed should lose a certain number of points (say, 10), and the people who submitted a finished story should get to split those points amongst themselves.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
Dont we have three entries?

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Since we have only 3 entries, how about we just have one 1st place prize (no 2nd or 3rd) and lower it to 100 points. That way there isn't that much reward since there wasn't much competition.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
If anything, you should be rewarded even more for what you did, that others did not.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

True. I guess we'll just have to wait until 3j gets back from vacation.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
His back I just think he is urmm... Enjoying having his girlfriend living with him.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

He's*

I would enjoy it too if I were him.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
I guess you didn't catch the hidden meaning.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

I don't think having only two stories to compete with constitutes a contest win, but that's just me. At the same time, cancelling the contest and having the current entries (and in-progress stories) ineligible to enter in later contests would be an injustice, so an extension is the only sensible option, until we have six or seven entries.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

I suppose that's fair. But if we keep adding extension after extension and they don't come in, it'll be a waste.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
We did get two more entrants for this extension, though. Ones that we wouldn't have gotten had we kept it back when it was supposed to be. We will likely get a few more, especially if its a longer extension, like until the New Year (I think I heard that suggested somewhere)

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
I suggested to myself that I should suggest it, but I decided against it. lol

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

New Years seems like a bit of a stretch, though, don't you think?

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
I would suggest Christmas or another December holiday.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Christmas is like a week off from New Years. Not only that but I'm sure everyone will be quite pre-occupied around that time.

If it's going to be extended to around new years then around Jan.5th is probably a fair date. Let everyone do their Christmas stuff and New Years then a few days to make sure their story is finalized.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Which stories are complete? Can someone link it.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Oh yeah, Shadow of a Bloody Moon is by Mizal

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

So is there an extension?

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Bump of Justice!

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Only 3j can say for sure, and he's been gone for a long time. :(

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
This is cancelled. I extended it and we didn't get enough participation. Sorry for the three entrants.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
Actually though, good thought by madglee, how many of you would be interested in voting and thus choosing a winner from the three who did enter?

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

I'd have to vote for the Craxil.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

If I had to pick one I'd go with The Craxil, though the member who wrote it is no longer active and I don't think three entries is enough competition to warrant a contest win. Give out the first, second and third-placed points I reckon, as they actually did put the effort in to finish writing a story in time, but no trophy.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

I second this. The trophy wouldn't make anyone proud if there wasn't any competition! (unless they're the greedy kind)

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

Oh well. If one of the author's is gone and one doesn't care, suppose it doesn't matter!

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago
I'm pretty sure this is dead. Just shoot it in the head to make sure.

Maybe make a new thread with links to the submitted stories so they at least get some good advertisement though. (especially the actually finished ones)

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

I don't really mind what happens. but I'd like to know because I want to work on Wolf Spirit and make it longer like some other comments suggested.

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

And that reminds me, I read it but I still need to write a proper review.

Might have to be Thursday though, I've wasted sooo much time screwing around on the computer these last couple of days while stuff piles up around the house, I'm going to see if I can bring myself to actually turn it off here in the next few minutes and go clean or something...maybe...we'll see how strong my willpower is :D

The Fantasy Contest (II)

12 years ago

haha, okay. just PM me and I'll send you the link later.