Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 6/27/2012: Automatically rejected as part of the FWW clean out.

Delete Post Function

12 years ago

This seems so simple that I can't believe somebody hasn't thought of it, (or maybe they have and I am unaware of it): I would like a "delete post" function. If you have posted something and realize it isn't right, an option should appear next to reply if you created it to delete it.

Delete Post Function

12 years ago

The main problem with allowing members to do this is that, due to the way the forum is coded, deleting their posts also removes any replies to said post. So you could potentially be wiping out an entire thread.

Delete Post Function

12 years ago
It's been discussed many times. Admins like 3J can use the delete post option, but not players like you or me. Allowign us to do so would not only delete every reply to the original post, but also give us the option to act like a situation never happened if we are proved wrong in a debate (debates pop up fairly often around here).

Delete Post Function

12 years ago
We have already posted something like this already at http://www.chooseyourstory.com/forums/message.aspx?MessageId=6332

JJJ liked the idea and thinks it would make it through if Alexp is here. Check previous ideas that have been put before you post something again.

Delete Post Function

12 years ago

I searched it but nothing came up, and as I said, it seemed so basic that somebody must have come up wit the idea.

Delete Post Function

12 years ago
The search device does not work. You need to mainly physically surf through request. This one is about halfway down the list. I suggested it back when double post and accidental post were a big problem.

Delete Post Function

12 years ago

Maybe we could do something YouTube-esque and post it as (the commentor has removed this post) or (this post removed by user)

Delete Post Function

12 years ago
Jeff read the entire thread before posting. Go to the place I mentioned. This idea was discussed and people did not like it.

Delete Post Function

12 years ago

ALL-PURPOSE RESPONSE: Duh, I'm special.

Delete Post Function

12 years ago
so you go to the page I mentioned.

Delete Post Function

12 years ago

I see now the error of my ways, sorry

Delete Post Function

12 years ago
No problem.