Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Plot the Unplottable

12 years ago
I'm not usually big on any forum game that isn't run by JJJ, but I thought this would be interesting to try just to see how it turns out, if it does at all. I will give a name of something that is nearly impossible to attach a plot to (whether it be an old video game, a board game, etc) and the person below me will attempt to come up with a plot for the next big-budget summer blockbuster that will surely follow. Hollywood has done it several times before, and shows no sign of stopping (looking at you, Battleshit) so why not embrace this lazy nostalgia/nausea-inducing form of storytelling?

Your assignment, should you choose to accept, is to come up with a plot for Tetris.

Plot the Unplottable

12 years ago
Forgot to mention that the person below me will include in their post the next plot-less noun for the person below them.

Plot the Unplottable

12 years ago

The four-in-a-row block has disappeared, and the l-shaped block must recover him from the evil z-shaped block before the bar fills and ALL IS LOST!

Next person must come up with a plot for solitaire.

Plot the Unplottable

12 years ago

You have to win 5 games of it or die.

Next person must come up with a plot for tic-tac-toe

Plot the Unplottable

12 years ago
Tic-Tac-DIE
Release Date: Summer 2012
Synopsis: A small town in Illinois has been plagued with a series of grisly murders carried out by what has been dubbed the "Tic-Tac-Toe Killer". The first body was found in a warehouse, with tic-tac-toe boards taped to the walls. For every murder, this deranged psychopath carves another X into a board. A young detective (Ryan Reynolds) has been paired with a detective who is days away from retirement (Tom Hanks) to play along with the twisted game. They must defeat the killer in a game of tic-tac-toe. For every wrong move, another body is found in the warehouse. Can they outsmart this madman before it's too late?

Next person: Pong.

Plot the Unplottable

12 years ago

P.O.N.G

Release Date: Christmas 2012 (Considering we live that long)

A man (Vince Vaughn) wakes up finding himself in an unfamiliar room. All of a sudden, he is thrown back and forth between two walls with spikes as he collides with a rubber covered segment of the wall that can pop out and move along the spikes. He slowly processes what he has done with his life and memories fade through his mind. While dreaming however, he sees a live stream of himself in the game before being impaled.

While this is all happening, an ambitious detective (Matt Damon) struggles to find the mad men responsible while dealing with a broken family life and struggling to overcome an addiction. Will the man's murderers be found? Will the two men responsible for this be punished? Will there be more victims of these heinous crimes?

Plot the Unplottable

12 years ago

Shit I forgot

Next Person: Shoots and Ladders

Plot the Unplottable

12 years ago
In the future mankind must pick a chosen one to participate in dangerous intergalactic game of Tic-Tac-Toe. The stacks are high and if the chosen mark one space of X wrong the earth is doom.

Next person must come up with a plot for the board game Sorry!

Plot the Unplottable

12 years ago

Aliens invade the earth and a team of scientists teach them to play tic-tac-toe in the hopes of furthering diplomatic relationships between species and of distracting them while humans figure out how to kill them. But the culture of the aliens attaches immense importance to games; the aliens force humans to pick a champion. The chosen one must beat the aliens' champion in a game of tic-tac-toe or die, along with all of humanity. Is there anyone brave enough to compete when the future of their species is on the line?

The next person must come up with a plot for the matching game.

Plot the Unplottable

12 years ago
Lol I guess we were all writing one at the same time. I WAS THERE FIRST THOUGH. Therefore, next person does Pong. Thanks for contributing though, Nevermind and Chriscane, I don't mean to disregard your posts or anything lol

Plot the Unplottable

12 years ago

P.O.N.G. - The Pregnant Oriented Ninja Gangsters

This July, when we are all popping pills and flirting with shallow chicks, these hardcore grandmas will rock your world with breastmilk! Makers of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, four grandmas from the distant land of Greece, devastated by the economic crysis of the century, decide to take matters into their own hands and raid secret BDSM clubs of the world's most renown politicians, by a secret ninja art of breast poisoning! Will they succeed and rid the world of incompetent leaders or will we all be doomed to watch videos of your local councilman dressed as a Domina Matrix, taking your women and every one of the hot ones hostage in their mysterious underground harem chamber, designed to withstand even the onslaught of Global Warming Extinction? Stay tuned for this adventure, for your future may be at stake!

Next person: Plot for Star Wars

Plot the Unplottable

12 years ago

Sorry Erudite, I already did one.

Plot the Unplottable

12 years ago

You guys were jumbled so I took DarthVader (The Maker of The Game)'s advice and ignored the above.

Plot the Unplottable

12 years ago

Yeah I did the same exact thing and replied to his. YOU should have replied to mine.

Plot the Unplottable

12 years ago
The prequel trilogy follows the life of a young slave named Anakin Skywalker who is discovered by the Jedi Knight Qui-Gon Jinn, who believes him to be the "Chosen One" foretold by Jedi prophecy to bring balance to the Force. The Jedi Council, led by Yoda, sense that Anakin's future is clouded by fear, but reluctantly allow Qui-Gon's apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi to train Anakin after Qui-Gon is killed by the Sith Lord Darth Maul. At the same time, the planet Naboo is under attack, and its ruler, Queen Padmé Amidala, seeks the assistance of the Jedi to repel the attack. The Sith Lord Darth Sidious secretly planned the attack to give his alter ego, Senator Palpatine, a pretense to overthrow the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic and take his place.[4]

The remainder of the prequel trilogy chronicles Anakin's gradual fall to the dark side of the Force as he fights in the Clone Wars, which Palpatine secretly engineers in order to destroy the Republic and lure Anakin into his service.[5] Anakin and Padmé fall in love and secretly wed, and eventually Padmé becomes pregnant. Anakin has a prophetic vision of Padmé dying in childbirth, and Palpatine convinces him that the dark side holds the power to save her life; desperate, Anakin submits to the dark side and takes the Sith name Darth Vader. While Palpatine re-organizes the Republic into the tyrannical Galactic Empire—appointing himself Emperor for life—Vader participates in the extermination of the Jedi Order, culminating in a lightsaber battle between himself and Obi-Wan.[6]

Obi-Wan ultimately defeats his former apprentice and friend, severing his limbs and leaving him for dead beside a lava flow. However, Palpatine arrives shortly afterward and saves Vader, putting him into a black, mechanical suit of armor that keeps him alive. At the same time, Padmé dies while giving birth to twins Luke and Leia. The twins are hidden from Vader and are not told who their real parents are.[6]
Tatooine has two suns, as it is in a binary star system. This shot from A New Hope remains one of the most famous scenes of the entire saga.[12]

The original trilogy begins 19 years later as Vader nears completion of the massive Death Star space station, which will allow the Empire to crush the Rebel Alliance, which has formed to combat Palpatine's tyranny. Vader captures Princess Leia Organa, who has stolen the plans to the Death Star and hidden them in the astromech droid R2-D2. R2-D2, along with his counterpart C-3PO, escapes to the planet Tatooine. There, the droids are purchased by Luke Skywalker and his step-uncle and aunt. While Luke is cleaning R2-D2, he accidentally triggers a message put into the droid by Leia, who asks for assistance from Obi-Wan. Luke later assists the droids in finding the Jedi Knight, who is now passing as an old hermit under the alias Ben Kenobi. When Luke asks about his father, Obi-Wan tells him that Anakin was a great Jedi who was betrayed and murdered by Vader.[13]

Obi-Wan and Luke hire the smuggler Han Solo and his Wookiee co-pilot Chewbacca to take them to Alderaan, Leia's home world, which they eventually find has been destroyed by the Death Star. Once onboard the space station, Obi-Wan allows himself to be killed during a lightsaber rematch with Vader; his sacrifice allows the group to escape with the plans that help the rebels destroy the Death Star. Luke himself fires the shot that destroys the deadly space station.[3]

Three years later, Luke travels to find Yoda and start his Jedi training, but is interrupted when Vader lures him into a trap by capturing Han and the others. During a fierce lightsaber duel, Vader reveals that he is Luke's father and attempts to turn him to the dark side.[7] Luke escapes, and, after rescuing Han from the gangster Jabba the Hutt a year later, returns to his training with Yoda, who by this time is on his deathbed. Before he passes away, Yoda confirms that Vader is Luke's father; moments later, Obi-Wan's spirit tells Luke that he must face his father before he can become a Jedi, and that Leia is his twin sister. As the Rebels attack the second Death Star, Luke confronts Vader as Palpatine watches; both Sith Lords intend to turn Luke to the dark side and take him as their apprentice.[8]

During the subsequent lightsaber duel, Luke succumbs to his anger and brutally overpowers Vader, but controls himself at the last minute; realizing that he is about to suffer his father's fate, he spares Vader's life and proudly declares his allegiance to the Jedi. An enraged Palpatine then attempts to kill Luke with Force lightning, a sight that moves Vader to turn on and kill his master, suffering mortal wounds in the process. Redeemed, Anakin Skywalker dies in his son's arms. Luke becomes a full-fledged Jedi, and the Rebels destroy the second Death Star and, with it, the Empire.[8]

Next person: risk

Plot the Unplottable

12 years ago

Next person: risk

WW1-WW2 and eventually WW3?

Here's one from a friend that i know: The Minas Morgul Massacre.

Evil struggled during the whole game to grab the Ring, actually rolling 11 once or twice. But this game was not meant to be won by the forces of Mordor. Though Isengard resisted to the numerous assault by the Riders of Rohan, Minas Tirith rapidly fell to the onsault of the Trolls.

But then, the Riders decided it was time to head south. They rapidly cleansed Minas Tirith of the foul beasts, headed to Osgiliath and then...on to Minas Morgul. Well over 40 Orcs, Trolls and Black Riders awaited the Riders of Rohan, whose own numbers were between 20 or 30. Leaders were present on both side, but the forces of Shadow also had their stronghold which was supposed to help their defenses. The Orcs would not fall, or so they thought.

1s and 2s were rolled by the Shadow. The Rohirrim plowed through the Orcs and Trolls, barely diminishing in numbers. Minas Morgul fell and probably took a maximum of five horses from Rohan.  END

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I remember a story of my two brothers and me playing it. It was basiclly a normal game of risk but we decided to have only 2 starting countries and NO CARDS and 2 NUKES (Which were a 4piece blue lego for each player.                                                                                                                                                                                                        US east+west=1stBro][Mongolia+Japan=2ndBro][GreatBritan+Iceland=ME][Everything else=Neutral Armys][

As the United States of American invaded Canada and mexico to occupy North America the Mongolian's were slowly regaining their ancient empire. The Great British Empire realized that the US had become another dictator driving for Global domination or Global destruction so they began to unite Europe by Diplomancy or Force. Eventually the Mongols tried to invade Europe only to be pushed into the Midde East.

As the mongols conqured nearly all of Africa in the name of the NEW MONGOL EMPIRE, the Ams(Americans) attacked (that one territory connected to Alaska) and Japan only to confronted with an Europian army occupying Northern Asia and Indonesia. The Mongols had all but lost the war and resorted to using one of their nuclear weapons on Mongolia so that it may never be occupied by Forgien empires.(He nuked it and then nuked the middle east to help him defend his area.)

The Europion Empire was forced out of their position in iceland and northern Asia and their army in the Southeast islands were now cut off from Europe by ams forces.  The remaining mongolian forces occupied India and south africa and Madagascar. the ams empire launchs a nuke at great britan at an attempt to destroy the europian empire. Europe forces then engage ams forces in asia only to be nuked again by the ams empire. (Yes i got nuked alot and only used nukes when i was about to lose! (^.^)

Anyways i'll speak in non-story for the last bit. -as my 1stbro attacked europe and my bases in asia i filled indonesia with all my troops. my 2nd brother attacked south america in an attempt to stop 1stbro's domination. As europe fell and my remaining troops in the southeast islands were being slaughtered i launched my 2 nukes at the Eastern & Western United States Territory. (as to only ruin his homeland in revenge) Then i lasted for about 3 more turns before falling to his empire.

(In short, American is the best spot in the game during a 3 player game. Remeber this game actually happened and was quite epic.)

Plot the Unplottable

12 years ago

"Shit I forgot"

"Next Person: Shoots and Ladders"

lol the rest of us failed to notice this post huh?

(oh and if we are continueing off of mine then... "Next Person: Shoots and Ladders" <:D )

Plot the Unplottable

12 years ago

Shoots and Ladders

John Jameson had the perfect life, the perfect girl, and the perfect job. However, that all changes when a demented former game designer (Tim Curry) kidnaps John's girlfriend (Megan Fox) in an attempt of revenge over John's spurning of his new boardgame. Now our unlikely hero (Daniel Radcliffe) needs to fight his way through his nemesis's puzzle, and hope he doesn't slide to his death.

Next Project: solitaire

Plot the Unplottable

12 years ago

The first annual International Solitaire Competition is coming up, and an up-and-coming armless martial-arts champion forced into competing by his abusive father must solve the murder of the former Solitaire champion before the day arrives, but a group of religous fanatics who are against all forms of entertainment are trying their hardest to stop him. Nevertheless, it looks as if he will succeed, but there are unseen forces at work that he doesn't know about. . . . Will he finally be defeated?

Next: Puble Place.

Plot the Unplottable

12 years ago

*Purble Place