Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Miami Cannibal

11 years ago

I've constantly been telling people that the "Zombie Apocalypse" thing is bullshit but everyone is caught up in the hysteria and no one sees my point.

Well I decided to post this because I've heard that the man suffered from a disease that reanimateds dead cells and that he was going insane while high on Bath Salts. Does anyone know the true story?

Miami Cannibal

11 years ago
I this is what your looking for.

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/articles/20120529/346484_miami-cannibal-rudy-eugene-photos-zombie-attack.htm

Miami Cannibal

11 years ago
I mean to put "think this" sorry lol

Miami Cannibal

11 years ago

I haven't heard anything about the reanimation bit, haha but yah, this story's sparked a lot of discussion over the use of bath salts.  Well, not so much "discussion," but..

This story, in my opinion, has been covered in all the wrong ways.  Instead of seeing headlines on the subject how the US fails to treat or handle or care for it's mentally ill and deranged, I see a lot of "He ate a face... and he was under the influence of bath salts."  It shouldn't need to be mentioned that they've been around for over a decade (much longer, I'm sure, but I couldn't say how long) and this is the first instance of a guy eating someone's face off, but my point is not to defend bath salts haha.  It just seems to me like a scapegoat, yah know?  I couldn't say they played no part (they're all/mostly composed of different research chems and vary in dosage), but the general narrative seems to be "Look, outrageous and dangerous behavior, let's blame these bath salt things he had in his system," with little to no mention of the crucial detail that with or without drugs, this guy was an out of his mind danger to himself and others, which was probably the more relevant story - if not at least equally so.

But I dunno, I could be wrong.  I'm not out reading every news story or watching every video on it, haha, but this is just my take based on what I've come across