Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

First game

11 years ago

i have almost finished my first game since joining this site and i need some help coming up with some ideas on some good endings. It is a zombie survival game and one of some of the story lines i need to finish involve encountering a group of barricaded bandits, arriving at an overrun boating dock, and joining a biker gang attempting to eradicate the undead. I would like to finish soon but i want the story to be good so any help would make me very grateful.

First game

11 years ago

Well the thing about zombie games on this site is that there's just so many on this site that pretty much everything to do with zombie survival has already been done. The tricky part is coming up with something original. Here's a couple of ideas I haven't seen done yet.

1. Intelligent zombies. I've seen faster zombies, stronger zombies, weird, alien like zombies and even zombie dogs, but I've yet to see an intelligent zombie on the site. Zombies that don't just wonder around aimlessly munching on brains, but actually plan how to catch their victims and where to look for them.

2. Talking zombies. I know it sounds stupid, but this is more or less the same as my last point where, basically, all the zombies do is wonder around looking for brains. It would be cool if they actually evolved into some intelligent form of being that could talk and communicate with each other like a normal person.

3. Transforming zombie. Usually in a good zombie story game, the main character has a friend or relative that turns into a zombie, but usually that transformation happens very quickly. One second they're a person but the next they're a zombie. I think it would be cool if there was a transformation sequence that took a bit longer, where the person was half way between being a person and a zombie. That way killing them would be more difficult for the main character.

4. Zombie children. Has been done to some extent, but how freaky would it be if the main character got stuck in an orphanage or something and all of the zombies were little kids? It's like the little girls from the Ring or The Exorcist. They're kids, but they're scary as hell!

5. Humor. The main guy is surrounded by zombies and the only way to survive is to distract them by dancing the Thriller... Zombies love Thriller! ^_^

First game

11 years ago

i do like the idea of some sort of infected person who retains all his mental capabilities I'm going to work in a way to meet a kind of ghoul who only eats other zombies to survive but is still able to talk and has all the same memories as when he was alive.

First game

11 years ago

I added you as a coauthor so you could proofread it for me. Thank you for the help and now when I republish the game it will be better than ever.

First game

11 years ago

Are you asking for other endings or how to end the ones you listed above? I really like the biker gang idea BTW   =)

First game

11 years ago

i need a couple new ideas to use to end a few other storylines i have. if i get any original ideas i can work them into the game. however i do also need some help finding an interesting way to use the current endings i have set up.

First game

11 years ago

also i currently need a couple of good female biker names i cant seem to think of any really good ones

First game

11 years ago

Cherry, Vicki, Stella, Tammy-Lynn....

First game

11 years ago

Really, just hyphenate any two names, it'll make a gateway so you can make any female character seem redneck, and if you arm her and make her violent it'll turn that redneck gatewasy into a badass gateway :P

First game

11 years ago

thanks for the suggestion i was finally able to give the other gang members names and personalities instead of calling them unknown female number one and two

First game

11 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/rise-of-the-damned 

I have completed the game and i would like to thank everyone for all the suggestions you gave me many of which i did wind up incorporating into the game. I have 93 pages and 8 epilogues so if you guys find any errors please send me a message and I will fix it than you for all your help in helping me complete my first game.

First game

11 years ago

hey the link dont work.

First game

11 years ago

First game

11 years ago

Oh, I see - that's because it is currently down for editing. It will pop back up again when it gets republished...

First game

11 years ago

editing has been completed special thanks to briar rose who proofread the game for me

First game

11 years ago

You're welcome! ^_^

First game

11 years ago

I just read your story, I find it really good :). Nice work.