Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Username change

11 years ago

...is not possible? right?

because I want to change mine form "toni" to "cookie monster."

Username change

11 years ago

Why cookie monster?

Username change

11 years ago

He's the only monster I can think of who is still cute in a weird way. And we both love cookies!! :D

Username change

11 years ago

Just remember, cookies are a sometimes food!  (*ducks and covers*)

But, really, if there is a possible way to change your user name, then perhaps something a little more personal to you to make you stand out is good.  Then again, if you really identify with cookie monster on a regular basis, it might just be perfect for you.  But then you'd have to have him as your avatar. ;)

Username change

11 years ago

That's what I'm planning to do!! (i have tons of cookie monster pictures at my disposal).

One more reason why I like him is that he's color blue. blue's my fave color. ^___^

Username change

11 years ago

Well, if you're relatively new, and havent' started any games yet, you might be able to make another account and have this one deleted.  Not sure if you'd want to go that route, but it could be an option.

Username change

11 years ago

Thankfully, it isn't. The reason being, is that imagine BZ and I having that ability. I have no doubt that at least one of us would mascarade as the other for a day or more.

Username change

11 years ago

Heh.  On the Mafia forum I go to (which I've mentioned in other posts) we do have the ability to change how our name shows up (though the actual user name never changes) and people do some pretty hilarious things. :D

Username change

11 years ago

"This username is already taken." feature might be a little help....

And it could make a great forum game! like, guess the real BZ or Aman, or whatever.

Username change

11 years ago

We could just do a fakey name like Berka-Zerka or AMan to trick people up. 

Nah, it wouldn't be that, it would be us faking posts about how great the other one is. Or just screwing around with everyone by releasing crap games on the others account.

Username change

11 years ago

When the time comes that you'll be praising the other one, we'll definitely know that there must be a switch going on....

Username change

11 years ago

Yeah, that would suck cheeky

Username change

11 years ago

Totally.

Username change

11 years ago

Imagine somebody trying to rip off my glorious mustache

Username change

11 years ago

Imagine that. That would be horrendous. 

Username change

11 years ago

Unforgivable!

Username change

11 years ago

It is unforgivable. I can't believe some female would dare disgrace my stache. Quite infuriating.

Username change

11 years ago

YOUR stache? As if a mere man could ever grow such a well groomed and divine mustache as I cheeky

Username change

11 years ago

Yes, my stache. Unless you want to fight for it. It is staying on my glorious face.

Username change

11 years ago

Your face isn't worthy of my beautiful stache!

Username change

11 years ago

Let's go!

Username change

11 years ago

Bring it on bitch! ... How do we do this?

Username change

11 years ago

Stacheness obviously. 

Username change

11 years ago

Okay... I win! cool

Username change

11 years ago

I don't think so.

Username change

11 years ago

Even my smilies have staches :I)

Username change

11 years ago

:{) The true smile stache

Username change

11 years ago

Mine's better. :-{)

Username change

11 years ago

Too small of a nose.

:--{)

Username change

11 years ago

... ‹^›(•¿•)‹^›

Username change

11 years ago

Whoa. What just happened?

Aman - Awoman. Well played.

Username change

11 years ago

I know, it's complicated... All you need to know is that I'm the original.

Username change

11 years ago

The first was a prototype, and I'm the better version obviously.

Username change

11 years ago

Yes, just like the second Starwars Trilogy wink

Username change

11 years ago

They were prequels. The second came first, and then the first came second. Just like you. I came first, and you are trying to upstage me with your disgusting creations.

Username change

11 years ago

You're just jealous because your inferior male mustache will never have the grace and dignity of my fabulous female stache

Username change

11 years ago

Staches don't have grace or dignity, they are creatures of manliness. And my manly male mustache destroys your womanly female mustache.

Username change

11 years ago

Femals staches are in every way superior. That's why most women don't have mustaches. Our glorious facial hair made them so jealous that 98% of the male population committed suicide because of their jealousy. There were so few men that the human population almost died out due to lack of reproduction, so the women of the world made a pact to shave off their god given mustaches in order to save the human race, as so they have been doing for thousands of years. Unfortunately my mustache was just so spactacularly glorious that to shave it off would be the ultimate sin against our maker, so of course I had to keep it... True story that.

Username change

11 years ago

I think youre lying. Aman's mustache is superior in all cases.

Username change

11 years ago

Traitor!

Username change

11 years ago

oh. this "BerkeZerka" one. didn't notice you, little guy...

Username change

11 years ago

my cookies approve.

Username change

11 years ago

I don't know what's on your head, Awoman....

Username change

11 years ago

I'm saying I'm the original and he's the prequal cheeky

Username change

11 years ago

And I'm saying she's the prequel.

Username change

11 years ago

Where did the name "Aman" come from, anyway? Why not Mman - Mustache Man?

Username change

11 years ago

It's his actual name isn't it?

Username change

11 years ago

Nope, it's A Man, done at 3 or 4 am.

Username change

11 years ago

Yep, you can't change your username. According to your profile you've only been here for a month and a half, so you could just make a new account without having to worry about losing much.

Username change

11 years ago

Yes, I've thought of that, too. But there's something that keeps me from doing that...

Thanks!

Username change

11 years ago

You could go with a Cookie Monster Avatar though  :)

Username change

11 years ago

oh yeah. but still, I want to be known as the cookie monster of CYS. :))) (not only by avatar, but by name as well).

Username change

11 years ago

Toni the cookie monster then?

Username change

11 years ago

yeeeeeaaaah. love that. <3

Username change

11 years ago

Alright... Whoever started this should be pimp-slapped.

Whoever continues it should be banned.

No Joke - It is a Major Breach of Forum Etiquette.

Username change

11 years ago

started what o_O

Username change

11 years ago

We really need an active admin :(

Username change

11 years ago

This isnt that bad.

Username change

11 years ago

I could be a lot worse though, which is why I'm saying we need one.

I mean we have October, but he's in a very different time zone.

Though I'm almost positive "Awoman" is Briar.

Username change

11 years ago

only one admin, or a panel?

whoever Awoman is, she thought it's only for fun...

obviously she's someone who has been here for quite some time and knows the glorious 'stache of Aman...

Username change

11 years ago

Are our admins. Issue is, short of October (who is in a different time zone), almost all of them are inactive. Madglee and JJJ seem to be signing on, but I don't know how much they're actually paying attention to forums since JJJ hasn't posted since 2012, and Madglee averages like 2 posts a month.

Username change

11 years ago

October is in Australia (I think) and might have been awake now. I'm pretty sure it's already morning there..

Username change

11 years ago

madglee's very active, though he tends to lurk a lot. I have no clue about JJJ.

I'm guessing whatever problem was here has already been fixed? I'm confused as to what happened - was it madglee cracking down on mustache threads or a spammer or what?

Username change

11 years ago

Bwhaha, it was Briar and I screwing around. Was pretty immature, but I found it fun nevertheless.

Username change

11 years ago

You might as well ask BZ, because, with all honesty, I'm confused.

Username change

11 years ago

No worries, just received a PM from him now.

Username change

11 years ago

No, some people made some forum accounts to pretend to be other people, and Berka brought it up that it's not a good thing to do it.

Nothing has been moderated as far as I can tell.

It's so hard to tell if someone is active if they never post -_-. Curse you Madglee!

Username change

11 years ago

Note: Awoman is not me. If anyone was wondering that.

Username change

11 years ago

Of course not. Awoman is me! ^_^

Username change

11 years ago

Alright  " ^_^ ", stop it before this gets way out of hand.

Personally though, I think the Admin's should DELETE this entire thread, before the known Spammers get a look at it, think this is an absolute brilliant idea and fuck up the entire Forum.

Username change

11 years ago

I'm a bad person sad

Username change

11 years ago

I KNEW IT!

Username change

11 years ago

the smileys gave it away

Username change

11 years ago

Naw, the smileys were the thing that made me go "okay it has to be her". The way she talked made me initially think it was her though.

Username change

11 years ago

Apologies. If I hadn't brought the idea of changing a username (which brought the idea to create a new account), this wouldn't have happened. Can I delete this instead since I'm the one who originally posted it?

Again, sorry.

Username change

11 years ago

You know, I'm not even sure if people can delete their own threads.

Username change

11 years ago

Nope, they can't.

Username change

11 years ago

I think we should have that "report this thread" feature.

Username change

11 years ago

Meh, this doesn't happen enough to warrant an entire feature. If we had one or two active admins on NA timezones, we could just PM them whenever this happened.

Username change

11 years ago

so, who do we call now? I'm new here, so I don't have any idea.

Username change

11 years ago

Ghostbusters! ^_^

Username change

11 years ago

We could call October, but we'd need to wait until he gets on (it's early morning for him right now).

And.....that's it lol. That's why I said we need more active ones.

Username change

11 years ago

... I'm gonna get banned now, aren't I? >.<

Username change

11 years ago

Hmmmmmm.

No lol.

Username change

11 years ago

If you got banned, I would form a protest.

I found it all in good fun, but I can see how it would be bad in a larger, more generic community.

Still, Kudos for you two~!

Username change

11 years ago

That's the way I saw it. It was all in good fun and BZ stopped it before it got irritating. In the future I'll delete impersonating posts.

Username change

11 years ago

Not that early, more like 7AM (it isn't that early, right??)

anyway, i'll be logging out now, and might be back in an hour or two. I'm actually at work, and about to go home. :)

Whatever happens, just think that at least we learned a lesson. :)

See you guys later!

Username change

11 years ago

Anytime before noon is considered early morning.

Anything before 8am is considered "Oh dear god why are people awake already".

Username change

11 years ago

And I'm not upset about it, just recognize the potential time bomb here.

Anyone remember that stupid "Experiment" Account? The one that got stolen right off the bat haha! I've never seen so many swear threads aimed at JJJ hehe!

Username change

11 years ago

Yeah, we've gotten by because of the small size of the community, but there's definitely really bad things that could happen if someone ever decided to do them.

Username change

11 years ago

So, what we can do is to wait for one of the Admins to take down this thread [or maybe just parts of it?] and keep it a secret, no one should ever mention this, like, ever.

Username change

11 years ago

I left the thread here; I think BZ's "we need to stop this" post will serve as more of a deterrent for younger members who are trying to be cool than deleting the thread outright. And the fake username thing isn't exactly a new idea either - we've had impersonators in the past and they gave up quickly enough (it's a lot easier for us to delete posts than it is for impersonators to make them).

madglee might feel differently though, I'll leave it up to him.

Username change

11 years ago

It's pretty late here and I just got back from drinking far too much wine for this nonsense. I just typed a diatribe and almost started docking points, but then I deleted it.

But because of the above, I won't make any decisions. Quite yet. Let's just say that this thread is a nice reminder that there are young, moronic people around. And I don't mean young in the sense of chronological age. Sure, our frontal lobes are desiccated at birth until about 25, but there are still a lot of people who act reasonably, due to genetic dominance. I certainly wasn't trolling forums at 18-25 and I grew up with bulletin boards.

Most, however, don't or won't or couldn't, and can be considered sheep and fools and should be treated as such. IPs can be traced, violent clowns sent, and...

Wait, damn it to bloody hell, this is another diatribe. I'll take a look in the morning. Suffice it to say, play nice. If not, I can do all sorts of nasty things to you, but would prefer to figure out how to make us a strong, supportive community.

Username change

11 years ago

Yeah, it could have gotten way out of hand, but fortunately, it stopped before it got bad. Just a silly joke that had the underlying potential to cause real problems.

I wouldn't worry about censuring anyone in this case – unless someone intentionally starts it up again…