Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

An Idea for my first Storygame?

11 years ago

The sleepy, coastal town of Truroma holds a secret.

Osamu Takuro has the perfect life working as a computer programmer in the city and sitting with his funny girlfriend, Unama Daiki.

However, when he finds a peculiar death certificate in his cellar, he begins to realise that things are not quite as they seem in the Takuro family.

A funeral leaves Osamu with some startling questions about his past, and he sets off to idyllic Truroma to find some answers.

At first the people of Truroma are considerate and special. He is intruigued by the curiously helpful psychiatrist, Shinwa Doromoshi. However, after he introduces him to hard alcohol, Osamu slowly finds himself drawn into a web of vandalism, sloth and perhaps, even murder.

Can Osamu resist the charms of Shinwa Doromoshi and uncover the secret of the peculiar death certificate before it's too late, or will his demise become yet another Truroma legend?

Does this sound interesting? Does it need some more work? Would play you play it? Tips?

(Edit: Shinwa is a dude, so mild guy-on guy stuff in there too.)

11 years ago

To be honest, it doesn't immediately grab me :( It sounds like you want to create a thoughtful psychological drama (which I like), but the "challenge" of resisting homosexual advances amidst the temptation of alcohol-fuelled crime just strikes me as a bit mundane.

Is there a supernatural element of some sort? I'm not suggesting that your story needs one to be good, but it isn't clear whether the death certificate and Truroma legend involve otherworldy influences.

11 years ago

There are going to be supernatural/ethereal infuences in the Truroma Legend, but I haven't actually decided what kind of influences (if it's going to spirits, deity's or even demonic.)

It is still all a big WIP for now, since I having a tough time at school on the moment. So I don't really have the time to work on it 24/7.

It was just rotting away on my Pc and I thought I could get some new inspiration to work on this project once again.

Thanks for the feedback though.