Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi, I'm new here

2 years ago
Hello there! I just signed up for this website because I feel like interactive stories are something I would be interested in. I've read one interactive novel in my life (Choice of Robots if anyone is interested) and I really enjoyed it, and after looking for more free interactive stories I stumbled across this website. I'm wondering what story would be good to start with for someone like me who is completely inexperienced when it comes to interactive stories. I was thinking of just choosing Dead Man Walking, since It is apparently the nr 2 storygame by rating according to a list I saw at the front page and I like the zombie genre. Is this a good idea and does anyone have any other tips?

Hi, I'm new here

2 years ago
Welcome!

Dead Man Walking is a great choice, and you also might like Dungeon Stompage and Price of Freedom if you're into games with skills and stats.

Most of what's here tends to be more like an interactive novel with emphasis on branching plots over more game-like elements, but there's a wide variety since every author has their own style and the editor is capable of a lot of things. That's even a couple of card games here. I'd recommend just browsing the featured games in the main storygames list for any genre you enjoy.

But Dead Man Walking will keep you busy awhile, it's absolutely massive.

Hi, I'm new here

2 years ago

Welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy your stay! I see you've read through DMW already, so my suggestion is to read through the featured games in whatever your favorite genre is and go on from there.

Hi, I'm new here

2 years ago
Welcome to the site. As for stories, it depends on what genre you like, really. Feel free to head to that main storygames page where you can see the different categories and some of the top games in each of those categories.

Hi, I'm new here

2 years ago
Aloha~

Hi, I'm new here

2 years ago

Welcome to the site. I'd recommend you look at the stories that Mizal suggested. There's a huge number of stories to choose from. You'll actually help the site out a bunch if you rate and review anything you finish.