Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

School-Based: 2016 RESULTS!

7 years ago

Well, folks, it's been a lot of fun, but our contest has now come to a close. As per Sethaniel's deadline, the storygame voting polls were closed yesterday. Thank you all for your participation as voters.

Now, we'd like to announce the winners!

First place: Steve24833, for "Prometheus Academy" 

Second Place: Killa_Robot, for "Inepta Academy"

Third Place: donteatpoop, for "The Multi-verse Chalkboard"

That's not all, though, because Seth and I discussed what we were looking for in new games for this genre rather extensively and we came to the conclusion that we should make another, "secret" prize for "favorite character"--which, while put in as a part of your story-game voting poll, was actually its own separate category.

So the "favorite character" bonus goes to: D.E.P. and "The Multi-verse Chalkboard" for "Dr. Verruckt"! Well done! :)   

Over all, excellent work, you guys. I must admit, it was a tight race and everyone who got a story submitted should be very proud of their accomplishment. Seth and I thank you for your efforts to bolster the school-based section of our CYS library. :)

I will distribute the point prizes shortly and I will also fill our featured spot for school-based as promised. Regarding replacing any current featured games, there will be future discussion on it--(but please do not do that here)--and regarding the gift card, please PM Seth. (Regarding the bonus prize, it will be distributed a little later.)

Thanks again, everyone, judges, betas, and entrants, for making this contest successful. ^^

7 years ago
Congratulations all :D Still working on that 2nd page of mine - it'll just be a bit late! Don't worry though I'll get it!

totally just replied to be the first reply within an instant of the OP

7 years ago

xD Just a bit, yeah.

7 years ago
Congrats Steve and Killa! Good stories!

7 years ago
Also thanks! I'm glad people liked Dr. Crazy. He's also used in another story I have on infinite-story that I'm in the process of novelizing. (James is also a character in it, but he's grown up a lot between stories.) It's called Men of Science if anyone is interested, and it's very unfinished.

7 years ago

Oh, terrific. Thank you to everyone who voted, as long as you voted for me. Well done to everyone who entered, and congratulations to Killa and DEP for their games, which were great fun and excellent reads, as were the other stories submitted. It was a great co test with a lot of fantastic entries. Thanks to the mods for their hard work, 'twas great. 

7 years ago

Congratulations everyone! Definitely well deserved. I enjoyed reading all of the entries, and it's great to see some fresh games in the school category.

I can finally take a step back and rework the story I published, so hopefully that'll be up again within a few weeks.

7 years ago

Congratulations to the winners. You are all great writers and definitely deserve the prizes. ^^

Thank you to everyone who has given feedback on my story. This has really been a learning process for me. Thanks to the admins for setting up this contest.

7 years ago
Congrats, you guys!  This was definitely a great contest!  Everyone who made it possible deserves a pat on the back.  :)

7 years ago
Thanks, and congrats to everyone involved. Really happy at the way this contest turned out. Lots of strong entries in a category that would have otherwise been left unloved.

7 years ago

And so, my work here is done.

7 years ago

Didn't even know this was going on XD

7 years ago

Well, here's my very late congratulations to everybody who took part in this contest especially Steve, Killa, and DEP. I believe those stories rightfully won and were of very high quality. Also, Verruckt is the name of the tallest waterslide in the world. I thought that was pretty funny, but it didn't surprise me at all that the well made Dr. Crazy won the "favorite character" mini-contest. Congrats gain, DEP.

7 years ago

I'm late to the party. But congratulations for the winners and everyone else that managed to finish their stories.