WatchNon-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and talk about anything you'd like.

Joe Dever

7 years ago

Lone Wolf is available in the app store for apple. free with $ option it looks like. 

and here is the link to an interview I did with him several years ago. It is also available in the Help & Info section

http://chooseyourstory.com/help/articles/article.aspx?ArticleId=64

nate

Joe Dever

7 years ago

Thanks! Been wanting to read this since I read the interview a couple months ago.

Joe Dever

7 years ago

No problem Tans. I didnt get to read much of the app tonight as I was at a hockey game. But I hope you have been able to enjoy it. It does look cool. Joe Dever was simply a great CYOA writer.

nate

Joe Dever

7 years ago

It's been pretty cool so far, odd gimmicks (like the lock-picking sequences) though. Up to Act 3.

Joe Dever

7 years ago

I read the interview a couple months back. Haven't gotten the chance to read the book yet, but from what I can tell, he sounds like quite the writer.

Joe Dever

7 years ago

Joe Dever was one of the CREATORS of the CYOA genre in the 80s! Without him we wouldnt have the genre. 

nate

Joe Dever

7 years ago

This game looks really fun. I'm downloading it right now. It's even listed as App of the Week on iTunes!

Joe Dever

7 years ago

If you guys/gals come here to truly know CYOA stories, you need to look into 2 names. RA Montgomery, whom I had the pleasure of also interviewing, and Joe Dever. They are truly the fathers of CYOA stories. Without them, none of you would be here today. 

nate

Joe Dever

7 years ago

I played the game and it's really fun! It's a half choose you story game!

Joe Dever

7 years ago

Lone Wolf is free on the android Google play too...

Joe Dever

7 years ago

Fucking hate apps, why not stick with browser games on PC? My phone is slow and I dislike tablets :(

Joe Dever

7 years ago

While Lone Wolf is good and what Joe is best known for, I always enjoyed his lesser known post apocalyptic series called Freeway Warrior.

Only had 4 books, but I would like to see that one redone someday.