Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Sent finally found out how to spell Vexillology

3 years ago

I figured it's been too long since I used the lounge to arbitrarily pose questions to this entire site, so here we go!

Recently I came to notice that, while the fictional nation of 'Samrico' in this fantasy setting had existed in my head for a long time, the flag seemed to change every time. But seeing as how important it is (at least to certain aspects of folklore) I came up with a few designs in an attempt to kind of make it more concrete. I can't really decide on any one of these, though.

https://forms.gle/pJCM795r55uVv4kd8

This alone doesn't seem particularly conducive to conversation, though. So if any of you have made up any flags for places of your own (or if you have any favorite flags for made-up places) I'd love to hear about them!

3 years ago

Now this reminds me of the ted talk on shit flags.

3 years ago

Yeah they aren't especially simplified, though they're not really meant to be. The majority of the time these things would actually be seen from a person experiencing this media's perspective, would be waving would be on a battlefield, propaganda, or representations in an abstraction of those things. The primary goal here is not to be clearly read from across the room at a NATO meeting, but instead looking cool and distinctive in the other contexts.

3 years ago

Thumbs up, Mr.Sent!