Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Python Challenge

2 years ago

Check this out!! Python Challenge  

Making a storygame uses some coding skills, especially the variables part. I found that this 30-something level challenge is very relatable and maybe some of you can enjoy it. Try it as a fun challenge!

Python Challenge

2 years ago
One time I made most of a text based game in the Python console window. It was about keeping a fire going so things didn't come at you out of the woods, and it had an ASCII bar visibly showing the level of the fire. Well that was my Python coding story, I hope you enjoyed it. Really though anyone who can use the advanced editor here as far as variables and IF THEN logic can do basic text stuff with Python. Although for any kind of non-CYS text game I'd still go with ADRIFT before anything else. I have often marveled at how versatile and easy any kind of branching story format is to create though, we have it pretty good with this hobby. If we didn't have the site there's still literally any other IF making tool, and anything that can connect pages to other pages, be it HTML hyperlinking, wiki pages, printed paper or numbered clay tablets.

Python Challenge

2 years ago

It nice to hear about your experiences!!

Yeah, there are many other tools useable to make all sorts of stories with. Still, I think this CYS site stands above it all!!

Python Challenge

2 years ago
That's the spirit.

Kind of reminds me of when I was still new here...

Python Challenge

2 years ago
Aren't you still the new kid?

Python Challenge

2 years ago
I guess this topic isn't going anywhere, maybe @ISentimelPenguinI can just give us some facts on the snakes.