Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Exiled Kingdoms is a good game

2 years ago
Anyone else besides Endmaster and Coins played this? It's so rare I encounter a mobile game I actually like so I thought I'd make a thread about it. It's such a perfectly faithful and straightforward old school CRPG experience, tons to freely explore and it doesn't hold your hand at all. Couldn't be bothered to set up a nicer screenshot but here I am where my last save left off. Bandits have been swarming the roads, you can't even swing a cat a stone's throw from the city without hitting half a dozen of these kamikaze bastards, what's gotten into them?? Well I don't know but I've found their lair and decided to go there at 3am, barefoot and in my bathrobe, in hopes of finding the Bandit Faucet someone must have left on and turning it off. There is some backstory of the fall of the old Empire a century ago to Mysterious Evils(tm) and the founding of a new kingdom across the sea, and then you start out as your typical adventurer person with the standard list of fantasy classes to choose from. You're informed you recieved a magical letter about an inheritance in a nearby city, but about five minutes in it's stolen by a thief, and that kickstarts your quest. I'm not even very far into it but I'm already hoovering up side quests by the bushel and finding choices that can gain or lock out companions or have other effects. There are some clever and funny bits of writing and attention to detail which has pleased me, and reputations with many factions to manage. In short I like it a lot, and with my brain having been turned to mush by the return of my old nemesis, Constant and Unending Sinus Pressure and Headache, it's been a nice diversion. It makes me read things, but not too many things all at once, also there are pictures. So you can see how in many ways it is superior to hanging out on the site. edit: Seems this also exists on GoG and such if you want to play on a superior actual computer, but the mobile version is cheaper (and the free portion you get before paying is pretty huge) so since the controls have not annoyed me yet I'm sticking with that.

2 years ago
I guess you guys can talk about Pathfinder Kingmaker in this thread too since I know a few of you are currently playing it.

And @ISentinelPenguini has a very interesting party right now.

2 years ago

I'm not even sure how far into the main quest line I'm in since I haven't done much of that yet, but there's still plenty to do. Currently level 13 and I've done a lot of exploring and questing all over the map.

And I got as far as making my character in Pathfinder Kingmaker. Hopefully I'll have time to do more than that later.