Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Underrated Storygames

6 years ago

You piece of unmitigated shit.

Underrated Storygames

6 years ago

I think Banner would argue that both threads could have coexisted in perfect harmony. Hmm, I would personally ask him about that later. Maybe.

Underrated Storygames

6 years ago

Decided to really abuse my power and delete Stryker's original thread as well and just take credit for everything.

Now people can REALLY be mad at me.

Underrated Storygames

6 years ago

For the first time ever, you have angered me.

I hope you're proud of yourself, End. No amount of points can make up for this. 

Probably about 1k

No amount of points at all. Don't wait up for me at the dinner table tonight. 

Underrated Storygames

6 years ago

o damn

Underrated Storygames

6 years ago

I made a nice thread to help those underrated storygames, and you take it from me.

Underrated Storygames

6 years ago

Considering some of the other stuff I let you get away with around here, be glad it's just a thread that got deleted.

Besides I wrote you a damn letter of recommendation to March for him to give you his damn trophy:

So Steve sent me a PM and did the bare minimum of begging me to tell you that he's amazing. Though if he had groveled too much, I probably would have been less inclined to actually help him in his quest, so he probably did the right thing in not going overboard.

Anyway Steve's one of our more "interesting" writers on here. And by interesting I mean he's an obnoxious narcissistic jerk most of the time. Indeed one of his main goals is to take my place Sith Lord style which he's openly admitted several times. (Along with going on about how much better he is than everyone else on here in general)

However, he's pretty entertaining and not entirely that terrible of a person, and I'm sure he's just putting on a front to hide his own crippling insecurities. Probably if you gave him your trophy it would go a long way to boost his ego. Sure he'll probably boast on the forums and be insufferable after it happens, but deep down inside I'm sure it'll go a long way to feeding his inner child that so desperately needs attention and validation.

Plus most writers have their eccentricities and he's definitely one of the better writers on the site and has many highly rated stories. I've personally enjoyed most of the ones he's written. Even the few stories of his that I'm sort of "meh" on, I can still see that he's put a lot of effort into them so he's never slacking whenever he puts something out.

Of course it helps that he's modeled himself as a poor imitation of me with his writing style so his success is hardly surprising.

In any case it's still ultimately your decision, I'd probably check out his featured stories (He has more than a few already) to get a good impression of his work.

If anything you need to be more fucking grateful. (Of course you won't)

Underrated Storygames

6 years ago

Yeah yeah, praise the ever-so kind Endmaster.

Underrated Storygames

6 years ago

Steve does effort? T-T But he made it sound so easy. >-<

Underrated Storygames

6 years ago

This is probably for the best anyways. There's more listed here in the OP than in the other thread completely.

For quality, good cystians.

Underrated Storygames

6 years ago

Might as well start using this thread.

I found Postie Rips It Up to be very underrated in terms of ratings. I found it to be a clever and wonderful mix of humor, and adventure.

Underrated Storygames

6 years ago

Oh my, I almost forgot that this thread was a thing. Please excuse me while I do some much needed dusting so we can return to our scheduled opinions of stories that some of us may think are underappreciated around the beautiful land of CYS.

So without further ado... 

Mercenary Queen (Part 3) The Hemlock Band (Act B

If you're a fan of violence, fantasy adventure, and a bit of rape sprinkled into your stories then this storygame might just be the one for you. Also the writing isn't half bad and this series is rather enjoyable as a whole, actually.

If someone can possibly return to us the second part of this series, that would be quite awesome.