Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

the chained god

3 years ago

hi. I'm stuck in the chained god. I don't know what to do after killing the 2 men. I managed to turn on the truck but don't know what do I need to do after that.

the chained god

3 years ago
Been so long I can't remember. Did you already get all the computer files and into the basement?

the chained god

3 years ago

don't know how to access the computer.

the chained god

3 years ago
You have to search around until you get a CD or floppy disk and a password maybe.

the chained god

3 years ago

I have the floppi but not the other thing.

the chained god

3 years ago

also. heare's my inventory.

Ford Key
Al Mar Ultra Chef Knife
Zippo
Motor Oil
Motor Oil Bottle
Floppy Disk
Blank CD
Tighty Whities
Bucket
Tubing
Old-Ass Big-Ass Heavy-Ass Monitor
The Way Things Ought to Be
Empty Beer Bottle
Car Battery

the chained god

3 years ago
I took a look in the story itself and see that a link on the page where you start the truck was broken by a (now missing?!?) Item restriction.

I simply removed that link restriction, which will now allow you access to the link "Drive to the house down the road" which is where the story continues.

the chained god

3 years ago
I looked up the author of this game out of curiosity, and it's pretty funny that some of his last posts on the site were devoted to arguing that raping kids was okay as long as it was consensual.

Maybe he got a little too dedicated to proving his point, and that's why we won't see him for another eight to ten years.

the chained god

3 years ago

Funny, the only thing I ever remember about Loon was the CYS forum storygame he did. I didn't even realize he even wrote any other stories or post on the forum.

the chained god

3 years ago

the link is fixt but I can't continue. has someone created a walkthrough for this game?

the chained god

3 years ago
Unfortunately no.

When you say the link works but you cannot continue, wht does that mean?

I wonder if you are still missing an item...

the chained god

3 years ago

I think I don't have 1. also I managed to get the computer to work. I can give you a few hints if you want.

edit. wen I press the link I get captured. I need to use an item but I don't have it.

the chained god

3 years ago
You do need to make a molotov cocktail with gas rags and bottle?

the chained god

3 years ago
There's definitely some bugs here. I got a BSOD on the old computer so I never did see what was on the floppy, but I was able to fix the truck (had to replace the car battery twice before the game acknowledged it....but luckily items don't seem to ever go away from the place you take them from).

Now we're driving somewhere else and the game is assuming I saw what was on the floppy.

the chained god

3 years ago

spoilers.

heare is how to tearn the computer onn.

1. get a CD.

2 use the laptop and go to the nopper thing. then use the blank cd.

3. use the computer, use the CD first and then the floppy.

edit. the developer sed that he added this. I don't know why but I don't think it's a bugg.

the chained god

3 years ago
It's a bug that you can skip all this entirely and just use the truck to go to the next part of the story.

the chained god

3 years ago

can anyone tell me what do I need to continue. I press the link, press another link. if I press insult there mothers I die. what do I need to continue.

the chained god

3 years ago
You need to use a molotov, as stated above.

the chained god

3 years ago

how to get one?

the chained god

3 years ago
I can't test it now but in your inventory you already listed oil, cloth and a magazine, an empty bottle, a Zippo ...

the chained god

3 years ago

heare is my inventory.

Ford Key
Al Mar Ultra Chef Knife
Zippo
Motor Oil
Motor Oil Bottle
Floppy Disk
Tighty Whities
Bucket
Tubing
Old-Ass Big-Ass Heavy-Ass Monitor
The Way Things Ought to Be
Empty Beer Bottle
Car Battery

the chained god

3 years ago
Combine tight whities, bottle, fuel in the right combo.

the chained god

3 years ago
Or use siphon on truck and combine with bottle.

the chained god

3 years ago
Yes, this was the intent behind my listing things commonly used to make Molotov cocktails, but apparently I was too subtle.

Are there even teens left in this country that don't know how to put some fuel in a bottle and light it up?

the chained god

3 years ago

how to do that in a game.

the chained god

3 years ago
Seriously?

Just click around at random and you'll eventually get there haha!

But if that is too hard, Use the tubing at the Toyota to fill bucket and also use the tubing at the Toyota to fill the empty beer bottle.

the chained god

3 years ago
Pour oil into gassy bottle, then add tighty wities for molotov.

Also, us the laptop in living room a few times until it is finished updating and go to internet to get Notix or whatever CD to open old PC so you know about the goons at the house down the road.

the chained god

3 years ago
GO to house, get jumped, use Molotov and then die OR use the book if you want to live.

THE END. CONGRATS. Etc...

the chained god

3 years ago
Don't be mean, it's not his fault. As an infant, he was used as a basketball by his older siblings.

the chained god

3 years ago
Commended by mizal on 10/29/2020 3:11:21 AM

the chained god

3 years ago
I actually don't remember seeing this one before, but that's pretty accurate, thanks.

the chained god

3 years ago

thanks

the chained god

3 years ago

Don't be mean, it's not his fault. As an infant, he was used as a basketball by his older siblings.

1 I don't have older siblings.

2. I wasn't used as a basketball.

3.  hope that you will be used as a basketball.

the chained god

3 years ago
4. You can't figure out how replies work.

the chained god

3 years ago
Commended by mizal on 10/29/2020 12:48:36 PM

the chained god

3 years ago
It's not his fault! As a twelve year old, he has no choice but to act like he starts out each morning violently smashing his head against the wall and then injecting himself with rabies.

the chained god

3 years ago

Oh no! Could I borrow your rabies shot stamp card? ;~(

the chained god

3 years ago
Sure, they all know me at the clinic by now so I'll just tell them I forgot it at home until you can get it back to me.

the chained god

3 years ago

remember. you have bin a 12 year old previously.

the chained god

3 years ago
Yes yes, all true. So, did any of this work? Have you finished the story yet?

the chained god

3 years ago
Tell him how, again.

the chained god

3 years ago
DOH! >~<

the chained god

3 years ago

yes. the story is finished.

the chained god

3 years ago
Glad to have been able to help!

the chained god

3 years ago
And at that this long saga comes to a close. I wish more relevant games would get this kind of attention. I guess item puzzles were the key here though, and inventories have fallen sharply out of fashion.