WatchNon-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Got a favorite storygame? Can't beat The Wal*Mart Game? If you're here to play storygames, this is the forum for you.

The Pure, The Vile, and the Deadly

2 months ago

2 months ago

You can't just release an EndMaster game so casually like that! Even if you are him!

How is anyone supposed to sleep now? 

Well, in any case, congratulations on once again blessing this site with one of your stories. I'm so happy.

I'll have to compose myself now. 

2 months ago

It's been a long day what with running contests, games and doing stuff in real life.

Been wanting to publish this for a long time now, and I'm glad I finally have. Just as well I had a little time between finishing and publishing so I could add the little extra title image. Which I'm not sure why I put myself through the hassle of searching/splicing/editing the images so I could get them down to a managable size to use on the site, but it's done now.

The story changed quite a bit from it's original idea, then it started using other ideas I had until this final product was the result.

Anyway as I mentioned before there's a couple lines you've directly said that I felt were good enough to use in some particular dialog, so be on the look out for those (Assuming you remember saying it).

2 months ago

I'll consider it a welcome challenge of sorts to try and remember a phrasing or two I've said while reading. Might be a bit of a challenge while trying to immerse myself in all of the lore and dialogue. But I don't believe it to be something impossible.

From what I'm reading so far, the final result is quite good. I hope the paths don't have to be played in some sort of order or anything, because I chose Catalina's path immediately. She's honestly one of my favorite characters of yours, so it couldn’t be helped.

2 months ago

Nope, you can play them in what order you want. They don't really overlap with each other.

Catalina's story is the longest and best one. I probably wrote a little more for that one than I thought I would, but it was necessary.

Besides fleshing out Catalina in that story, a few other minor characters got a bit more screen time too. One of the major things I got to do with her was something I intended in the original Necromancer, which was the butterflies.

There was supposed to be a running joke that he attempted nature magic once and conjured butterflies which he could NEVER fully get rid of. Like even when he's surrounded by zombies, skeletons and such, there was always a couple butterflies flapping about and it wouldn't be until towards the end when his prescence is literally killing the world that there was going to be a scene where the butterflies start to finally disappear/die and they don't come back.

Of course as ideas typically do, this never made it in mainly due to the tone shift from less comedy to more serious. However, for whatever reason I still liked the idea, so I altered it a bit for Catalina who has a bit more affinity for different types of magic anyway.

2 months ago

Yeah. I loved the butterfly aspect while reading through Catalina's path. Which I just so happened to finish yesterday morning. I don't think there was something I may have said in the past either on the side or discord in that one. However, I have to say that her story something like an origin was nice. She was never really 'normal' even before she hooked up with the Chad that is the Necromancer. 

Catalina is so lucky. I cannot fathom being able to win the lottery with being quite content with the first dick you get. In the end it becomes so good that she can actually go crazy. Lel. Oh, he had a Chad name as well. Must have been buried in the source code of the first game but is now canon here.

Now I have to read the other paths so I can properly give a comment. 

2 months ago
I'm sure there will be many things to enjoy here besides just seeing how many times I can get Semra murder-raped to death like that psychotic bitch deserves.

I will certainly take the time to read those other things after accomplishing my primary goal.

2 months ago
I know End always does minimalist taglines in place of descriptions, but I'm really digging the distilled badassery of "Three ladies. Three legends."

2 months ago
More *MONKEY NOISES*

2 months ago

2 months ago
How did I miss this wtf

Congrats! I’ll definitely take time to read this one over…

2 months ago
I warned stargirl off Semra's path, but I won't try that with you because partaking in that sort of unwholesomeness seems like a small but satisfying way to stick it to your psychotically controlling parents.

2 months ago
Well, that's reassuring.

I expect much unwholesomeness from Semra, because, well, she's Semra.

2 months ago

The story was good! Every page read from top to bottom. I couldn't leave Semra to her ghastly fates, so I even reached the epilogue with her.

2 months ago

Glad you liked it.

Yep, Semra has some pretty bad endings and her story is definitely the one that had some of your lines for a particular scene.

2 months ago

Yup! I noticed! I feel very honored.

Oh, I left a comment as well. Not one of my cookie cutter ones that you can copy and paste into a machine, I hope.