Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

The Pure, The Vile, and the Deadly

2 years ago
Commended by Nightwatch on 8/21/2021 2:39:53 AM

And at last the "succubus story" is finished.

As you can tell by the title of the thread, that's what the title of the story will be.

Despite how long this took (Damn real life) this is not one of the larger stories. According to the Word document it's 373 pages and only 153,166 words and I'm sure that might be a little less than that after the CYS site recalculates it.

Makes it a little bit bigger than Ground Zero, which is still a lot of content. A lot more than I originally planned when I embarked on this quest 3 years ago. Though I'm glad there's way more content now since it at least makes the 3 years worth it. (EDIT: Apparently it was only 2 years. Woo hoo!)

The 3 stories will ultimately tie some of the stories together. Honestly two of them already were and one was only loosely tied to the other two, but a couple things will solidify that relationship a lot more now.

The stories are definitely not equal in length. They're as long as the story that needed to be told. Two of the main characters will be recognizable right away. One of them you might not, but it's still pretty easy if you were paying attention.

The two obvious ones are of course Mistress and Catalina, but we'll start with the succubus.

So the succubus was the original story concept WAY back when we had the succubus contest. My plan was to make a succubus story myself and submit it after the contest.

Mizal was also having some contest/prompt about writing a lone hero or something (I'd have to look it up) so I was also planning on incorporating that concept into the story as well.

Of course I didn't finish it in time, in fact I didn't have it anywhere near finished until like a year from then and by that time, it was turning out to be a bit on the short side, and I felt I couldn't just release it on its own, so I had the concept to add two more stories. I knew they'd take longer, but I had a better idea of what I was going to do with those since they were more established characters.

So after the succubus, I added the Mistress story. I sort of toyed with the idea of only adding hers then releasing it as a duo, but I really needed the trilogy.

Mistress as a protagonist was pretty easy in the sense that I already had an idea of what to do with her, plus for as infamous as she is in Eternal, she's only in one of the major paths. Granted she plays a pretty big role in that path, but she's still not in it as much as she seems to be.

Some people hate her, some people want her to be their waifu, so again it made sense to expand on her a bit.

Finally there's Catalina.

Catalina honestly I wanted to do a story surrounding her for a LONG time. The problem is, I don't really like going back to past work and I especially don't like doing "interquels" which is what I'd definitely have to do with her. Matching up timeline shit, is a big fucking headache. (AND I also had to keep the Death Song timeline in mind too)

So she got put on the back burner "indefinitely" until this particular story started taking on a bigger (and different) life so I decided it was time she got her story and I was bound and determined no matter how much of a pain it was going to be.

As it turned out, the thing that took more time were the bits that occur with her BEFORE Necromancer. After all, the interquel stuff I had references to and could just flesh out as needed. The other stuff I had to create entirely from scratch. One thing I really had to do is flesh out her entire personality. After all, she doesn't have much characterization in Necromancer, so this was the chance to do that.

All that needs to be done now is copy/pasta to the site (The struggle) then publishing it. I won't be releasing it though until after the current contest though.

Anyway, the story is done and I'm glad it's done!

2 years ago
Awesome, I know a lot of people are going to be looking forward to this one!

But I did a double take at three years and had to go and check. The succubus and Lone Hero contests were in August 2019, it's only been two years.

I'm especially looking forward to Catalina's path, so seems like it might be time for a reread of Necromancer and Death Song.

2 years ago

Only two years? Really felt like it was longer.

Well in any case that's better then since I didn't get distracted as much as I thought I did.

2 years ago
Congrats, End. Can't wait to read. Bitchin' title too.

2 years ago
Looking forward to reading this one.

2 years ago

Christmas! 

2 years ago

And because you're special, there are actual lines of yours in the story that inspired a certain scene.

I'll leave it to everyone to figure out what that might be. (I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!)

2 years ago

That's awesome, End! Thank you for that honor. 

I'm going to have an amazing time scouring through each and every page to see this. I'm looking forward to your story-game. :)

2 years ago

I finished both the Pure and Deadly sections. Both very stellar and great. The latter really was quite romantic throughout, and the Pure ended up having more 'deadly' moments in the fact that certain paths and endings could lead you being royally fucked over.

Don't think I've recalled anything I might’ve said in the past in either of those. So I'm putting all my eggs in the Vile basket. Process of elimination and whatnot.

2 years ago

Glad you're enjoying everything so far.

2 years ago
Very interesting story! How long did it take you to create it?

2 years ago
2 or 3 years, if you were reading the opening post.

2 years ago

Haven’t you heard? Reading is for nerds.

2 years ago
This is a highly anticipatee event! Looking forward to seeing another masterpiece added to your CYS lineup!

2 years ago

Congratulations! I can't wait to read it. 

2 years ago
Um

Maybe avoid Semra's path until you're at least 14.

2 years ago

Got it! (I'll trust you on this one, but I think I would be good seeing as I have watched rated R stuff plenty of times before)

2 years ago
Yeah, you'll be fine. Thara read all my stories when she was 12 and she turned out perfectly.

2 years ago
Copy/pasta the first two parts of the story. I'll try to finish doing the rest of it later tonight.

EDIT: Finished with the story completely. All that needs to be done now is publishing it, which will be after the contest.