Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

"Unique" Ideas

one month ago

Anyone got any ideas for a bad, absolutely terrible storygame?

Examples:

You play as a protagonist who reads a story about a character who reads a story about another character who reads a story about another character who reads a story about another character who reads a story about another character who reads a story about another character who reads a story about another character who reads a story about another character...

Experience a world of powerful, nuanced superheroes from the perspective of a braindead, fully-amputated quadriplegic.

Explore a world entirely inhabited by sentient felines and experience their emotional struggles, familial conflicts and ambitions as their goals conflict with one another.

"Unique" Ideas

one month ago
I was going to say the cat one actually sounds pretty cool and then I realized it was just Warriors. Goddamnit. The chokehold those books had on me in elementary school… and Animorphs and those rainbow fairy books. :^/

Anyway - experience the entire plot of a crime thriller as the evidence left behind by the killer.

"Unique" Ideas

one month ago

I don't actually know if that series is good or not. I was just posting for the meme.

As the evidence? That would be a very weird experience XD

"Unique" Ideas

one month ago

> Experience a world of powerful, nuanced superheroes from the perspective of a braindead, fully-amputated quadriplegic.

This could be a well written short story tbh.

"Unique" Ideas

28 days ago

If you could write it, I'd read it.

"Unique" Ideas

28 days ago
There is nothing new under the sun.

"Unique" Ideas

28 days ago

All is vanity

"Unique" Ideas

28 days ago

First one is stolen from One Thousand and One Nights

"Unique" Ideas

28 days ago

There's a story in there about an infinite loop?

"Unique" Ideas

27 days ago

The whole book is literally just stories tunneling into each other