Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.

I can't stay logged in...

9 years ago

When I first tried to log in, I got 'There was a problem with ...' on the login screen and ended up resetting my password.  Every time I click a link, I get the 'login' page.  At the bottom of the page, it no longer reads 'Logged in as ...', until I log in again, but my User Name is still listed in the 'Who is Online.'  I can't seem to PM anyone, and this is the fifth time I've tried to post in the forums, so I decided to create a new 'disposable' account.  HHeellpp!!

Server Error in '/' Application.
The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_Forums_Posts_Users". The conflict occurred in database "MyAdventureGame", table "dbo.Users", column 'Username'.
The statement has been terminated.

9 years ago

After I logged out of ItAintPretty_2, I guess I mistyped the password, because it would no longer work.  And the only password I could change was to my initial account.  So here is #3, and I hope it doesn't foul up.

Here is the complete error when I try to post in the forums:

Server Error in '/' Application.
The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_Forums_Posts_Users". The conflict occurred in database "MyAdventureGame", table "dbo.Users", column 'Username'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_Forums_Posts_Users". The conflict occurred in database "MyAdventureGame", table "dbo.Users", column 'Username'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_Forums_Posts_Users". The conflict occurred in database "MyAdventureGame", table "dbo.Users", column 'Username'.
The statement has been terminated.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +392
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) +815
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) +4515
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +6738737
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds) +6741487
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) +586
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) +751
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +290
   Inedo.Data.DatabaseFactory.Inedo.Data.IDatabaseExecuter.ExecuteNonQuery(String storedProcName, DbParameter[] parameters) +268
   ChooseYourStory.WebApplication.Pages.Forums.<>c__DisplayClassb.<CreateAddPostControls>b__9(Object s, EventArgs e) in c:\BuildMasterAgent\_AGTTMP\_A4\_S11\SRC\ChooseYourStory.WebApplication\Pages\Forums\AddPostPageBase.cs:62
   Inedo.Web.Controls.ButtonLinks.PostBackButtonLink.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +206
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3804

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34237

9 years ago

ThisIsBo challenged me to a duel, and when I finally get to the 'open duel' page and click on the duel with ThisIsBo, I get this error.

Server Error

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Edit:  I challenged myself to a duel and I get the same error that everyone else gets:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0006'
Overflow: 'CInt'
/My/Duels/duel.asp, line 11

9 years ago
I'm pretty sure this one is a known error that we can't fix without Alex.

9 years ago
Looks like it's all client errors. Try clearing java cache, browser cookies, website data, and then restart your computer for good measure. Afterwards come back and if it still doesn't work, make sure java is up to date and if it is, the only thing left to do is wait a day to a week and see if it fixes itself. Could just be an overload of information travelling to and fro, stuff moving slowly, or a simple mistake. Perhaps you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Other than what I've recommended so far, just being patient for a few days (at worst) is usually good enough. Also, try using other browsers or devices. Pinpoint what the problem is - whether it's browser, site, device, or user (you).

9 years ago

It happens on both of my laptops.  One running Ubuntu and the other XP, and in several different browsers on each.  But the problem is only with my main account, not the duplicates I've created today.

"Perhaps you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time." — story of my life.

9 years ago

Maybe you got banned? I dunno. I certainly hope not. :P 

9 years ago

I was thinking that, too, but wouldn't the admins let him know in someway that he got banned? Also, that doesn't explain the error messages...

9 years ago

When Madglee bans someone he always fucks with the profile page. He hasn't done that yet so if he was banned it wasn't by Madglee (who does the most of the banning from what I've seen)

9 years ago

I don't know of anything I did that would warrant my being banned.  If it isn't just a corruption in the user database then perhaps my account was hacked, but the only changes I could find was that my password was invalid and the missing or renamed duel with ThisIsBo.  Too bad there doesn't appear to be anyone able to fix this issue.

9 years ago

"Too bad there doesn't appear to be anyone able to fix this issue."

Don't give up hope so quickly! You only posted this just today, I'm sure someone out there will be able to help you soon enough.

9 years ago

Alexp may be the only one capable of fixing it, but there is no telling how long I'd have to wait for his return.

I do hope, however, that there is someone else that can edit the DB.

9 years ago

FK_Forums_Posts_Users

^I hope this doesn't mean what I think it means.?

9 years ago

What do you think it means?

9 years ago
Fuck Forum Post Users :P

9 years ago
FK = Foreign Key | so no, probably not.

9 years ago

The most annoying thing right now is that I can't rate games.  I can type my user name in the name field, but I don't get the point for having rated it.

9 years ago

I'm still patiently waiting, but patience isn't one of my virtues.  Help Me!

9 years ago

To quote Fireplay, who was quoting the mustache god.....

"It requires alepx."

....I think anyway

9 years ago

The CYS Gods are mysterious and elusive in their ways. Pray unto them and favor them with free points so as to gather their favor, then and only then shall we gain salvation from the hatred of Cysid who is the eternal Guardian and Dueler of Cystia.

9 years ago

Okay, possible resolutions (that I can think of off my head)-

1. Keep waiting, for perhaps several more days, maybe even a week.

2. It probably does require alexp. Using this account, pm him details of your predicament.

(PS: Is there a rule about not tagging alexp in a bugs/problem forum?)

3. Accept this fate; put a disclaimer in your original account and start anew. ;(

9 years ago

I'd likely end up doing 2 and 3 before crying about my old profile. xD

9 years ago

I don't really want to lose what little I've accomplished, so I will wait until I'm satisfied that all hope is lost.

I don't know about a rule about not tagging alexp, but I let Sethaniel and Madglee know the situation and am confident that they will either figure out an equitable resolution or tell me to just buck up and start over.

9 years ago

I'm not trying to be mean or rude, but what have you accomplished?

You haven't published any stories yet, and although the accumulated points and the trophy are neat, I don't think they'll be too hard to recover...

*Wink Wink* EXP history if ya know what I mean *Wink Wink*

You aren't close to the Top Poster(s), and your duel count is impressive, but equally, recoverable.

Edit: I'm not you, so I can't tell you what to like or dislike, but I'm just saying in the non-rudest way possible...

9 years ago

The duels were out of sheer boredom, and I didn't really accomplish anything there.  (I broke even)  xD

As far as the trophies go, I read a lot of really, really, really bad stories — that I'd rather not have to endure a second time — to get the rating trophy.

I guess I just got too attached.

9 years ago

It's just a trophy. 

9 years ago

It's just a lot of WC's too!

9 years ago

Well, you can always unread them. 

9 years ago

Believe me, I've tried!  But the nightmares are still there!

9 years ago

Become like the old Gaara and your nightmares will go away! 

9 years ago

@FazzTheMan

Or, you know, change computers. ;P

9 years ago

"It happens on both of my laptops. One running Ubunthu and the other XP, and in several browsers on each."

-ItAintPretty_3

9 years ago

The third times the charm. Or perhaps he just got banned =.= unknowingly. 

9 years ago

I hope that if I got banned, someone would at least tell me why...

9 years ago

Personally, I think it was the van joke you keep making. 

9 years ago

That was a long time ago, and Taco's reaction to it made me stop.

9 years ago

...Maybe it was your profile picture then. Or your screen name! 

9 years ago

My selfie might get me a warning, but banishment is a little harsh, don't you think?

9 years ago

Well, perhaps it was part of the reason you got banned...

9 years ago

I still don't think I was banned, but I suppose I could always grab something from deviantART.  ; )

9 years ago

No! Dear sweet Fox Jesus, no! Think about the children, man! The children!

9 years ago
If he gets banned, I believe it tells you.

9 years ago

It doesn't, lol. 

9 years ago
I thought it showed up with an error message.

9 years ago

It just says that the account doesn't exist. 

Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again.

Something New!

9 years ago

I still can't stay logged in to ItAintPretty, but I found this in the EXP...

"10/24/2014    -845    Admin. Penalty - Duel cheating"

I don't understand what is happening.  If this is because of the one test duel between ItAintPretty_3 and ItAintPretty, that was just to see if I could determine why the one with ThisIsBo gave me a 404 error -- changed or removed (as stated in the third posting of this thread), I knew that duels with anyone but cysid had been broken for quite some time.

@berkaZerka @Fleshnblood_78 @JJJ-thebanisher @madglee @sethaniel and anyone else who will listen.

Something New!

9 years ago

Sorry, I'm not an admin, I can't adjust point totals. I don't know who did that.

Something New!

9 years ago

Because, looking at your point totals, you've won over a hundred duels in succession.

I still think it's the illuminati and the rich peoples' fault, but it may be due to that...

Something New!

9 years ago

I don't think I've ever won more than four in a row, but I've lost more than that consecutively, so I don't know what you've been smoking.

Something New!

9 years ago

I'm smoking that thing called eye-sight.

http://chooseyourstory.com/user/points?username=ItAintPretty

Oddly, the word 'lose' doesn't show up. Lots of 'escrows' though. And wins.

Something New!

9 years ago

I went through them and saw 5 consecutive wins, so that was my bad.  But I also found an 10+ duel losing streak.

Lose only shows up in the duel history, not the EXP.

Something New!

9 years ago

Where are the 10 losses? On only on one of your pages, I see there are 100+ matches for 'win duel' with CTRL+F. Second page seems to be the same. All of em toggle, all of them 10 points. No losses.

Untrue. I checked with Ackbar, and it shows up in his.

Something New!

9 years ago

I don't know who this 'Ackbar' is, but points go into 'Escrow' but are only returned 'Doubled' if you win, you only get the same amount back if a duel is declined, or you wait 3-4 days and the duel isn't responded to.

Cysid almost always responds...

Something New!

9 years ago

Something New!

9 years ago

Hell, look at Madbrad's EXP! The word 'lose' comes up :P

Something New!

9 years ago
Yes.....a little more often than I would like xD

Something New!

9 years ago

I've been looking around, and I can't find a Lose Duel associated with Cysid, only with human opponents.

Edit: I was also mistaken about my losing streaks, 9 was the longest.

Something New!

9 years ago

"Lose" only applies to Rock Paper Scissors, I believe, which doesn't use an escrow system. When Escrow is used, the system takes the points from you in advance and simply doesn't return them if you lose.

Something New!

9 years ago

^ That's true.

Something New!

9 years ago

I gave up on all duels save Toggle, because I could never find a system that was ever in my favor.  (They were too random.)

Something New!

9 years ago

Yeah, Rock Paper Scissors gives you a 1/3 chance of winning; Toggle gives you a 1/2 chance. Don't even ask me to try to find the probability for RPS (afterall, I'm doing suckishly in my Stats class right now, so I probably couldn't give you a correct answer anyway).

Something New!

9 years ago

48% Win/48% Lose/4% Tie...

Edit:  But cysid's throws were too random for me to ever find a system.

Something New!

9 years ago

How dare you lie about Tanstaafl, a gentleman I might add, as being that outrageous and crude blue thing. I'm insulted to even be in your presence.

Something New!

9 years ago

Ah ahm eez insulted tooh!

Something New!

9 years ago

Oh boy, here we go again.

By the way Admiral, how's you empire in Cystia going?

Something New!

9 years ago

Eez eh so goooooohd. Lot ohv badges.

Something New!

9 years ago

Ah, but your people do not have naked fashion shows in your land. :p Flametopia is much better.

Something New!

9 years ago

Ve ahv religion. Beech.

Something New!

9 years ago

My only religion is worshiping the ground that my dear Tarquin walks on.

Something New!

9 years ago

Right... 

Anyway, Flametopia does have a religion; two to be exact. lol

Something New!

9 years ago

Guys, stop derailing this thread. Yeez. 

And besides, everyone knows The Kylan Republic is the better nation...

Something New!

9 years ago

Get out of here, hippie

Something New!

9 years ago

AGH! By all that is holy get away from me you blue demon! I will not have you tarnish my beauty while I wait for my beloved Tarquin to save me from this place!

Something New!

9 years ago

Hey beby, zeh Holy Empire of AdmiralAkkbar supports holy matrimony.

Something New!

9 years ago

*Gasp* 

Never have I been so insulted in my entire life. Bloody Smurfs...

Something New!

9 years ago
I'm sorry Firepl....ermm...I...I mean iheartTarquin, please forgive me D:

Something New!

9 years ago

Why do you think I'm that foolish fangirl? No insult meant miss Iheart.

Something New!

9 years ago

u take that back u leetle beech

Something New!

9 years ago

Flametopia is willing to declare war for your petty resources Admiral. 

Something New!

9 years ago

Sez the country with a 'strong' economy to the Von with a powerhouse.

Something New!

9 years ago

True enough, but then you would lose out on all those Turtle shells and Turtle soup we export. :D

Something New!

9 years ago

On a serious note, it's either your duels were extremely glitched up, or you were cheating. Big time.

Something New!

9 years ago

Duels can be easily cheated by abusing the back button(along with a small twist). So it's possible he was cheating.

That was a refreshing derailment. The Admiral and the Fangirl always manage to entertain us.

Flametopia is the best nation of Cystia!

Something New!

9 years ago

*extremely likely. Nobody can get that many wins in a row. It's over 500, looking through his entire point history.

That, or glitches. And the escrows are actually glitched to include what he lost. But I kinda doubt it, I dunno.

Akbar kicks ass

Something New!

9 years ago

That's a lot of victories and defeats. It's also exactly the same, so ya I think he was cheating.

"2590 wins / 2590 losses"

Something New!

9 years ago

If you use the back button to try to speed up the dueling process with Cysid, you end up with and open duel.

Edit:  I've had two of them.

Something New!

9 years ago

"(along with a small twist)"

I figured it out pretty early after I joined the site and abused it a little before growing bored with the Dueling system. lol

It doesn't help you with points of course, but it lets you rack up the win/lose score. I think Alexp may have fixed it eariler though, so maybe your doing something different.

Something New!

9 years ago

Well, I must be dumb because dueling with Cysid, the only thing I've discovered was the best times of day to try to beat it.  (Which doesn't always work.)