Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 2/11/2017: Should be fixed.

Unpublished Games Can be Rated

7 years ago

This is bad and should be stopped.

7 years ago

I think this was in the FWW once.

7 years ago
Yes, it should be stopped.

7 years ago
Indeed, this was suggested, and was rejected:

This feature was rejected 8/12/2012: If the sneak preview is turned on, anyone can get to your unpublished storygame by manipulating the url of another storygame. The simple way around this is to a) not include any end-game links b) turn sneak preview off (and if you have playtesters, add them as co-authors) and c) report any ratings that your unpublished storygame gets to JJJ.

7 years ago
Viewing them and rating them are not the same thing.

Also disagree slightly, in that a published game should still allow for rating, even after being unpublished. If you are ready to publish, then you are ready for the crucible's fire as it were.

While a never before published game should not be ratable, as it is a jackass thing to do to someone just because they allowed sneak peek.

7 years ago

Yeah viewing != rating.

7 years ago
Absolutely. But the original request that was rejected was, "it possible to make the sneak preview in such a way that people can read the story/game you are making, but cannot rate or comment?"

I think the simple solution is that the author who does not want a gate rated simply does not include End Game links.

7 years ago

A chore to do if you ask me.