Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 2/6/2017: Steve is woefully normal and not special.

[ORDERS] Give Steve his own Order

7 years ago
I suggest that Steve be put in newly created Order, 'Steve'. (Or alternately, 'Prick'.)

Reasoning: 1.) He smells bad. 2.) No one likes him. 3.) He is a freakish mutant who writes faster than should be possible and is fixing to release two 100k games. This is an unfair advantage for any side. 4.) This will make him shut up about how much he hates Orders.

Just make it clear this is a one time thing that will never, ever happen again, and if anyone else starts whining about wanting a new Order, deduct points. Should prevent something funny one time from becoming an annoyance.

7 years ago
I support officially labelling steve as a prick.

7 years ago
Seems like it would cause too much confusion for what it's worth. Newbies asking what that particular order is, why is it there, why Steve is the only one in it, etc. Not to mention that it's a bit too intrusive and noticeable for an inside joke, unlike say the picture that shows up on EndMaster's points. Showcasing a joke that newbies will not get so openly doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

7 years ago
I'm assuming JJJ had to do something intentional to make the other Orders show up on the About Us page. Without that, Steve's order would only be visible in his profile, so not noticeable except to people already viewing it.

If it required more than five seconds to implement then I don't expect it to ever happen, but it is kind of too bad Orders wound up being so imbalanced, and Steve's presence on the Sage's side just makes it worse. This won't really do anything to fix that, but in theory I think Orders are a neat idea and could be fun and invite competition if the winning team wasn't a foregone conclusion every single day. As it is they're just kind of there.

7 years ago
Well, to be fair, it's not Steve that's putting that order so far out in front. It's 3J, Stryker, Thara, mizal, Sent, MinnieKing, and others. I think it's just coincidence that that particular order happened to get a pile of active people that are getting commendations.

That said, I still support Steve being put in his own order because he is Steve.

7 years ago
The reason Sages are ahead right now is because more of us are active on the forums or in writing reviews, but bringing in 1 or 3 points at a time is pretty meaningless compared to IP raking in 58 for one game. I'd expect the rankings to even out once people have time to start publishing more games. Except, we've still got Steve on the Sage side and the amount of output he's capable of is really not human.

Also, the issue of how bad he smells is a pretty major one. I hope he gets labeled a Prick because tbh I'd prefer he be moved to an entirely different section of the alphabet.

7 years ago

Well, the other Orders need to get up off their asses and start doing stuff then. We don't need this hand holding level scaling to "make everything fair" bullshit.

Besides, Steve hates being in an Order so forcing him to be in something he doesn’t want to be part of makes it all the more amusing.

7 years ago
I support the new order for Steve. The name of the order should be anything BUT Steve.

7 years ago

This might be the most hilarious FWW thread so far.

7 years ago

Oh god, I'd be so pumped if this happened. I'd be willing to give up insulting people for like a solid we... hour. A solid hour.

7 years ago

Instead you should have to give everyone a compliment.

7 years ago

I'll do that. If I get my own order, I will pay everyone who requests it one super kind, ass-kissing compliment. And I'm talking good shit here, not just "You don't suck".

7 years ago

Oh wow

@JJJ-Thebanisher

this is so worth it