Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 8/19/2019: Simpler, less intimidating editor.

AE Editor Features Change Default

6 years ago
There isn't really any reason I can see for why in the advanced editor, scripts, items, and variables are all set to "basic" or disabled by default. It kind of defeats the purpose of an advanced editor (besides the better GUI). Also I don't see a difference between scripting and variables being set to basic vs advanced. Only disabled vs not disabled seems to make a difference.

Dear wishing well, I wish for Variables and Scripting in the editor features to be set to "Advanced" by default instead of Basic/Disabled respectively.

AE Editor Features Change Default

6 years ago

There is a difference between choosing basic versus advanced. Basic variables give you fewer options in variable changes and link restrictions and basic scripting eschews globals and page scripts, limiting you to non-global link and item scripts. It seems to suggest that having all these features at once might be overwhelming or something otherwise dire, but I don't really see how that would actually be the case.

Also, there's no actual choice for "items" so it'd probably be best to just get rid of the option entirely.