Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 12/12/2016: We aren't a social networking site.

CYS Chat

10 years ago

Eh, not much else to say about it.  Chat = fun, also useful for co-authoring.  We should have one.

CYS Chat

10 years ago

PMs aren't good enough? Nor are the forums?

(I've never understood the need for a chatroom. Then again, i've never been in one :p)

CYS Chat

10 years ago

Drakilian, EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING. What about forums and PMs? ARE THOSE NOT OKAY?1?!?1?1?11/

CYS Chat

10 years ago

This has been asked for before. If you want a chatroom, and the forums aren't good enough, there are plenty of other sites that could be used for the explicit purpose, simply open a second tab.

CYS Chat

10 years ago

We have had that wished for, and while it could be of use, (much more relaxed then the forums) its not that useful. If it got implemented, id be happy, but it's not something Alexp needs to do. 

CYS Chat

10 years ago

Skype?  Facebook?  AIM?  Heaven forbid, but Twitter?

CYS Chat

10 years ago

Do people even still use chat rooms?

CYS Chat

10 years ago

Well, I guess my thoughts are, why not?  Chatango hosts free chat and gives you the code to put on the website.  It would take like, 30 seconds to add.  People use them when playing multiplayer online games (like my beloved Kingdom of Loathing) so why not use them for storygames?  Also is nice to talk to people in real time.  PM's make me feel like I'm bugging people, and the forums are more formal, like if you change the subject in a forum topic it's rather bad manners, but changing the subject in chat is just business as usual.

CYS Chat

10 years ago

"like if you change the subject in a forum topic it's rather bad manners"

XD. You don't know these forums then. 

CYS Chat

10 years ago

Derailing is what we do.

CYS Chat

10 years ago

Never!

CYS Chat

10 years ago

Ever?

CYS Chat

10 years ago

Ever

CYS Chat

10 years ago

pffft not us

*jellyfish are cuddly*

CYS Chat

10 years ago

yes Aeon, they are. Never think otherwise, it's all myths...

CYS Chat

10 years ago

Yep. Usually on sites that have strict rules though. 

CYS Chat

10 years ago

This would be a "GREAT" alternative to Forum games... *refreshes twenty times*

CYS Chat

10 years ago

Lol

CYS Chat

10 years ago

yeah it would be a great tool for quick responses and more fluid gameplay for games, it could even enhance it further with a built in dice roller for mechanic based games.

CYS Chat

10 years ago

but chatango and other sites want too much info and ask you to download unnecessary crapola so they can track your convos with people and BS like that.

CYS Chat

10 years ago

Not really, I mean, if you refresh 10 times in the same minute you've got some serious problems that chats won't fix :P

CYS Chat

10 years ago

I typically refresh 5 times a minute, I like to be prompt.

CYS Chat

10 years ago

I guess... But a chat is just annoying to read personally. I like the threaded view this site has. A chat would be hard to catch up on, and would make replying to a specific person harder.

CYS Chat

10 years ago

im runnign about 20 chatango chatroom and they don;t ask for any info. The info you give is optional.

In fact, i'm going to make a chatango chatroom for CYS right now.

EDIT: Done.

http://cyschat.chatango.com

Go ahead, chat all day.