Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Am I the only one who feels this complicated?

10 years ago

Have any of y'all ever been in a situation where you thought one thing and "denied" it, because you felt if you accepted it, it would become true, and you don't want it to become true because you deny it even though you think it anyway?

10 years ago

To the title: no, you're not.

The the paragraph, nope.

10 years ago

I'm pretty sure we all feel that complicated, and I'm pretty sure everyone has that kind of thought every once in a while but it was too complicated over something initially trivial to begin with.

10 years ago

Drak its not a paragraph, really. More like a run on sentence. 

To put it simple: Have you ever wanted something that you felt was wrong?

Of course, I'm not gonna say what it is. Because its not true....

10 years ago

No :p

10 years ago

Well, I kinda feel like that. I think the original question narrows it closer to what I feel but its not completely right either. 

I feel messed up and sick. 

10 years ago

Don't

10 years ago

There was a point in my life when I seriously wanted to convince someone to kill, or just outright kill by my own hand, my 1st grade bullies, (It was horrible, because there really weren't that many programs against it that weren't either trying too hard to appeal to kids, or were pacifistic shit scripts, and you wouldn't be able to tell kids that age about suicide and the results of bullying,) co there were points when I practically cried myself to sleep whilst screaming inside weighing the risks against the benefits, and realizing how powerless and useless I was at the same time because I couldn't kill them.

I'm glad I didn't, I'd probably only be a horrible person on the news for a week, and then people would forget, and I might have gotten a subarticle in wikipedia for being a first grade murderer, but that would be about it. And besides, most of those guys turned out to be pretty cool mature guys anyway. The ones that remained jackasses are just sob stories, and however harsh it may sound, attention will always be the closest thing they'll have in life to affection. It's sadder too because they themselves seem to think that too...

10 years ago

Not really what I was talking about but it does help in a way. I keep thinking if I tell myself "no" I won't screw anything up. At the same time, its hard not to.

10 years ago

Why? Are you taking your first steps on the path to getting laid or something? (not meaning to be rude, I'm just trying to follow your train of thought, the problem is mine goes straight for the gutter...) Are you having a spiritual journey of discovery? Are you practicing necromancy?

10 years ago

Its more of a "love" situation, not "sex".  I'm 15 geez. 

10 years ago

I know the feelz, bro. It's some seriously complicated shit, but if you can channel your inner sociopath to keep your empathy out of conversations just enough to keep shit from getting awkward and to push the right Darwinial buttons, I can almost guarantee you'll get through this relatively unscathed. If you need some Dr. Phil-ing later on on the small chance that you fail in your endeavors, I'll still be in this thread later.

Good luck, and best wishes.

10 years ago

Yeah, I'm trying to not screw up my life or anyone else's. Love is complicated. Just sometimes I get....lonely. 

10 years ago

Are you considered very ugly by otter standards? Because as long as you're bigger than the other otters you should be just fine, your kinsmen can be quite simple that way.

So there's not really anyone in particular, just a yearning? If so, it's just a depressing hormonal side effect of puberty and can be gotten over, it's simply your brain violently pressing new buttons for the first few times, which can be uncomfortable. Unless you don't socialize much, then it could be something I'm not qualified to deal with. If there's someone you actually like, you should just be yourself around them. If you have to act to be with her, that's no life to live and should be backed out of immediately.

10 years ago

Isn't hugs a gal?

10 years ago

That's one smart penguin, he gives good advice. If you do have a specific someone in mind, I'd say go for it. As they say: better to cry for a day than spend an eternity wondering 'what if'

10 years ago

I mostly talked to family over the summer, 80% of it the ones who live with me so no not much social ness then. That's why I was on here but its not the same a real people. When I went back to school, I was happy but still feel lonely every now and then. My thoughts have just been crazy. They've jumped around better an worse. It's making me anxious and sick. I never said there wasn't someone

And have I ever clarified I was a guy? I've never specified my gender on here....

10 years ago

Seemed like a female to me, but whatever :P It's the inter net after all.

10 years ago

I'm in mostly the same boat, but I'm a intelligent, cynical ass so my loneliness is rather deserved . . .

10 years ago

Meh, I'm in an all boys school now, so I worry less on gender to opposite gender communication haha. Easier that way.

10 years ago

don't you get a little lonely? or do you and Aman have some serious bromance on the side? =P

10 years ago

Wait Tan knows Aman in rl?

10 years ago

Yup, for a while actually.

10 years ago

Years of pain for him, years of amusement for me. 

10 years ago

I just keep imagining you walking up to Tal and punching him with your mustache now . . .

10 years ago

Mustache boxing is a favored sport.

10 years ago

Of course.

Wait, what?  you have a musta-----

*taken away by his cameo in deadman walking... Again XD

10 years ago

Yeah why were you a bearded sledge man exactly, Aman? shouldn't have you been a mustache sporting badass?

10 years ago

A long time ago, in a distant land, BZ and I were joking about rabbi jokes. What kind of rabbi has a mustache? 

10 years ago

Do you mean rabbit?

10 years ago

No? 

10 years ago

A rabid one.

10 years ago

OH....them puns

10 years ago

Of course- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/17/rabbi-shmuley-beard-congress_n_1891031.html

10 years ago

He...promoted his beard? Not nearly as good as a purple mustache.

10 years ago

Nah, don't worry, he has a 'Stache. Haha!

10 years ago

is it purple? :l

10 years ago

Nope. Why? 

10 years ago

PMR.

10 years ago

Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation?

10 years ago

Purplemustachesrule!!!!

10 years ago

Purple Mustaches? I once saw Aman wear one to a rave.

10 years ago

10 years ago

*edited out*

10 years ago

When it comes to friends, rarely. Sometimes, perhaps, but I usually brush it off. Thankfully, I have a close family so I stay sane, even if I talk to myself at times XD

10 years ago

I don't think I could do an all male school . . . if nothing else I enjoy a little eye candy.

I always talk to myself . . .

10 years ago

Is talking to no one about the same? Cause I don't answer myself very much. 

10 years ago

There's only a problem when you argue with yourself

10 years ago

Talking to the wall is the same as yourself, it's your thoughts bouncing back after all haha

Personally, talking to myself helps me do school projects, that are supposed to be done in groups, by myself. For some reason a second thought answers back. Not in a crazy way though, I don't hear voices or anything, it just helps me organize my thoughts.

10 years ago

I think out loud more than actually talk to myself

10 years ago

Oh, I don't actually speak, sometimes I do, but mostly it's just an internal monologue that runs on too long :P

10 years ago

^Usually this for me. lol I do the group(loner) projects the same way.

10 years ago

Usually get higher grades anyways XD

10 years ago

i was 14 my first time

10 years ago

What's the opposite of nostalgia? You know, when you're reminded of something and you're just glad you're living in the present and not the past? Yeah... my sympathies. I've been there, and it sucks.

10 years ago

You're back...ish.  /poke

10 years ago

Ish, yeah... I kinda went from working part-time to working overtime. Not really conductive to online roleplaying. :/

10 years ago

At least you are working. 

10 years ago

^That's a very good thing.

10 years ago

Yeah, no complaints. And my boss works twice as hard as anyone... I just hope we can collectively keep the business afloat.

10 years ago

well overtime is better than no-time, and you still RP more than me . . . and I don't have a job =/

10 years ago

How old are you?

10 years ago

Probably my age, or a tad bit older, or younger.

10 years ago

83 What age are you?

10 years ago

REGARDLESS OF THAT MORGAN'S ON.

10 years ago

Heh. Pretty sure I'm older than the two of you. Added together. XD

10 years ago

most likely, I'm 16 in a month

10 years ago

Oh hey! I thought you were older than that.

10 years ago

A few days late, but I give no fucks, here's a nice spponful of reply soup for Hugs's posts, not in correct order:

Oh, if you're 83 and your thoughts are jumping around, you should probably just take whatever pills your doctor gave you the right way and the problem would be solved. I only implied you were male because I was reliving a bitter moment in my life at the time of writing, and thus described it as it was. If there is a specific someone, by all means socialize the shit out of them, unless you feel so insecure that it would psychologically damage you to approach them. And unless your thoughts are, "Rape, Kill, Steal! Rain lightning and spikeballs down on their unworthy heads!" and are sheerly sexual, (unless there are implements of severely kinky shit, like sadomasochism, not like small unusual preferences) then you shouldn't feel sick, unless it's your first time witnessing the fluids and tools of intercourse. In that case, I felt sick too, and that can take a while to get over.

10 years ago

Nope, she's 15. Not sure what the 83 was

10 years ago

Far up above, hugs stated 

"83, what age are you?" in an age-related discussion. I was about to sarcastically strikethrough it.

10 years ago

Its a face! like XD and O.O

Otter faces   :3   ;3   X3   83

Geez you people have no imagination!

10 years ago

Oh, ANYWAYS, yeah, you shouldn't be sick of your thoughts, if you think they're really bad, tell them to someone who isn't the same age as you in a place where the whole world can't see.

10 years ago

I KNEW ITTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! X3

10 years ago

I JUST TURNED fifteen. Like, a week ago. ;ooooooo

10 years ago

...gnitseretnI

?shtuom ynam os evah ecaf taht did yhW

10 years ago

Exaggeration...

10 years ago

WHY DOESN'T THAT WORK WIHT MY FACES!?

TvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvT See? I look like a fucking bad version ofsome cartoon monster.

It doesn't work with cthulhu either...

(;,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,;) Sometimes I think the people who made latin-based text ar racist motherfuckers....

10 years ago

Six words for you and haha. 

10 years ago

What are the 6 words?

10 years ago

10 years ago

Holy shit... You're better at psychology than I tried to be just recently!

10 years ago

The six words are  six words for you and haha

10 years ago

Lol. I wasn't trying to. I was just thinking how saying

I got two words for you: Oh well!

Is actually 5..6....7 words. 

10 years ago

Oh, I see. I thought you had scientifically tricked me into saying "What are the 6 words?" which, because it was 6 words, or seemed to be until I saw I miscounted, really amazed the shit out of me (If I were 80 years older, I would have shat myself,) until I read Happy/Nata's post...

10 years ago

"What are the 6 words?" is only five words.

10 years ago

I know, I idn't realize I miscounted.

10 years ago

An now misspelled. Lol

10 years ago

Talking to someone isn't a terrible idea (even though it probably sounds like it is), IF you can find the right person. Unless, y'know, you're still in the convincing-yourself-it-isn't-true stage. But trust me, that's going to get old. Talking to someone may make it more real, but will hopefully also make it more okay. At least that was my experience.

You're welcome to PM me... I don't think it 'counts' nearly as much as actually talking to someone you know, but it could help.

10 years ago

10 years ago

10 years ago

Holy cra- urhm.....

Anyway, it's not the same as that. Interesting story though. Ill finish it sometimes. Its just....different.....

10 years ago

The first part is a complete story, but then after that there's a second part that's really a cliffhanger and hasn't been updated in forever. Sadly, I don't think it's ever going to be finished.

Anyway, sorry if that was less than helpful. It's a story that meant a lot to me, back when I was getting over my bout of this-can't-possibly-be-true-so-I'm-going-to-pretend-it-isn't-true. But whatever you're dealing with, I guarantee you're not the only one. Which isn't really that helpful, I know... but it's something. :P

10 years ago

I know. I'm just trying to wait it out. It's been like a month. I guess that's not too long so ill wait longer. 

10 years ago

A month can be a really long time... but yeah, objectively, not so much.

And since I've demonstrated that have no idea what we're talking about, I have no further advice. XD

10 years ago

That's fine. You've helped despite what you think. 

10 years ago

Cool. I hope things get better. And seriously, feel free to PM me if you ever want someone to talk to.