Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Meep! Hi, I'm new here :)

10 years ago

Hello!

I found this website by a friend on Skype. It looked interesting, and sure enough, it was!

If anyone could give me some tips, that'd be cool :)

10 years ago

Hello and welcome to the site. I recomend these games: All of Endmaster's games, all of burka zurka's games, mommy, can I go out and kill tonight?, The Wall Mart Game if your stuck on it read the walkthrough, Order of the Midnight Son, and the other featured games.

10 years ago

Welcome Aboard  =)

10 years ago

hey ;D

welcome!

10 years ago

Greetings ^_^

10 years ago

Halo....I mean hello.

10 years ago

Tips, huh?

Well, there are a lot of things to do here, it's a great community, and if you enjoy writing, reading, lurking, or dualing, this is a good place for you. If you have questions, looking around the forums is a good place to start, since there may be a topic that has already adressed whatever it is... but if you don't find one, just post. No such thing as a stupid question. People respond pretty quickly here and are very helpful. There are a lot of really good stories on here from some very talented writers.

If you intend to make a game, (which you should, as it's a lot of fun) but you need help getting started, then there are lots of people who excel at the editor, there are a few people you can bounce ideas off of, you can ask to co-write with someone or have them beta-read your story for errors / to offer critique...

Just find something to catch your interest and dive in.

10 years ago

allo'!

10 years ago

Welcome! Here's your spork!

10 years ago

Breaks spork.

Late welcome to CYS. :)

10 years ago

Tapes Spork with SporksTape

10 years ago

Amasses an army of sporks.

10 years ago

Throws a spork at your face.

10 years ago

Burns an orange.

10 years ago

Bonjour

10 years ago

Sup.

10 years ago

Welcome. Some tips:

On making games:

Do NOT publish which you find poor

If you want feedback, post in the writing workshop with a link to your storygame. There is is no need for you publish it.

Which games to read:

Read all the Top 5 storygames on the front page, then read the Homo Perfectus series and JMGskills's starwar series and BZ's games. Then the rest of the featured games.

10 years ago

Don't forget Endmaster's games. (One of the best besides Dead Man Walking.)

10 years ago

*ahem* The top 5 storygame + the featured games include pretty much every Endmaster game.

10 years ago

Welcome to the site!