Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

I Just Realized Something...

10 years ago

I was bored this morning and started to think about humanity and came to the conclusion that humans cannot be broken down into races. Humans themselves are a species, a group of organisms that can reproduce together. However, scientifically speaking, there is little to no genetical difference from two humans. In fact, it has been found that one man living in Africa and another in Europe actually have more similar genetical structure versus two men who live in Africa.

If there were multiple races of humanity, it would not be cannibalism when an asian man eats a white man. Also, donating blood or organs would be much more tedious since organs from a different race would not be compatible.

People always seem to confuse "race", ethnicity, and nationality. I remember when I was smart-assing someone and I asked, "What race are you?". He replied, "I'm Mexican, German, Indian, Hawaiian, French, and Italian." I told him that he was wrong since he was born in America, thus he is American. He claimed that I was incorrect until I told him that if he were to go to any of those countries, he would not be a citizen. Hence, he is none of the nationalities that he just mentioned.

What are your thoughts?

10 years ago

>_>

<_<

it took you that long to realize we aren't different races? 

10 years ago

Sort of. When people asked me what my race is I would always reply human simply for the sake of annoying them. Now I can do it with a factual explanation. What's even better is when a Christian or Catholic is debating this with me since I can use the whole Adam and Eve concept.

10 years ago

There are different races. All you have to do to realise it is to take one Cracker, one Nigger and one Ching and you'll see they are different.

10 years ago

Untrue. The physical differences are simply adaption to the area of which they are living. When a rabbit's hair turns from brown to white when winter comes does that mean the rabbit is completely different now? I guarantee that if you took a white family to live in Africa and they reproduced with only other white people, their physical appearance would change over the generations.

The only reason different skin color exists is because of the amount of sunlight in different areas. That's why Africans (closer to the equator) are darker than Europeans (farther to the equator).

10 years ago

You wouldn't call Germany-native Rabbits and France-native Rabbits different races, even though they'll usually look different :P

10 years ago

Precisely. Both these rabbits are still rabbits. They however are different breeds, which is not the same as different races.

10 years ago

We are 55% banana.

That's right, if you match a banana with a human, we share 55% of the same dna.

10 years ago
Must be the smaller 55%...

10 years ago

Your argument is fucked up mate. Are you one of those guys saying Tesla was Austrian cause he was born outside of (then) Serbia?

10 years ago

I'm saying Tesla was HUMAN. I don't care what his nationality was. As I said people often confuse nationality, ethnicity, and "race".

10 years ago

You might not give 2 fucks but some people do

And what is there to confuse?

Nationality: A stupid term that has to do with which STATES have given you citizienship

Ethnicity: This has to do with what ethnos you belong: As Herodotus put it, you belong in the same ethnos when you have the same kinship, language, religion and way of life.

Race: This is biological and mainly revolves around your colour and other physical characteristics

10 years ago
Correct! Except for nationality... but I'm not going to take the time to explain it. :P

10 years ago

You are now using the American racial classification system, which by the way is where a lot of this stems from.

Nationality: It is a classification term that has to do with which COUNTRIES have given you citizenship. How could you be an American citizen in one U.S. state but not another. It is illogical.

Ethnicity: You are correct in this. Nothing to refute, but some would consider lineage part of ethnicity.

Race: I'm speaking scientifically not by the racial classification system. Humans cannot be broken down into races. Grab two random guys off the street and you'll be surprised to find their genetics are similar regardless of skin color. Also, did you read what I said about the skin pigmentation?

10 years ago

That's not what I meant by states and you know it, or did you really thought I meant U.S states? I meant STATE as in COUNTRY, just wanted to avoid the term nation.

I did say kinship

No shit brah! We are after all homo-sapiens. You're just playing with words here in order to start an argument

10 years ago

I did not know it or I wouldn't have attempted to correct you. As an American when I hear the word states I think of states like there are here, so thank you for clearing that up.

I think I read over that kinship part.

I'm not trying to start an argument and I think you should calm down. All I was stating is that humans are genetically the same.

10 years ago

Well yeah, we are the same species. But there are races, it's not just skin but other characteristics (which can even differ bewteen whites).

And I ain't mad, I just hate it when people are arguing when they are actually agreeing, it's boring.

10 years ago

I think it would be better to just have a different term other than "races" to explain the diversity, physically or otherwise. Since race by scientific definition does not exist between humans.

10 years ago

Ok, let's call them breeds then

10 years ago

My breed is better than the rest.

10 years ago

Breedist! We've got a breedist here!

See what you do Tan, you've started breedism.

10 years ago

Your breed is a bunch of Khazars mixed with Europeans who decided to cut a part of their dicks off

10 years ago

It's healthy ^_^

10 years ago

Especially when the Rabbi does it to an infant.... with his mouth. 

10 years ago

Yup, and then he sucks the blood out, and buries it for good measure.

10 years ago

Buries it? I thought he kept a collection or something. Cool story to tell though

"My first BJ was when I was still at all 4"

10 years ago

This is making me cringe.

10 years ago

Hell yeah, you Gentiles can't compete!

10 years ago

But... but muh 6 trillion!

10 years ago

Ain't worth shit.

10 years ago

If only you knew... oh, if 2 men with black shirt knock on your door tomorrow, say "salom" then beat you up krav maga moves don't wonder why, it will be cause of that post.

10 years ago

Why not Penchak Silat?

10 years ago

meh

10 years ago

I used to process data for a medical firm.

They wanted Hispanics to choose "Caucasian" as their race, then "Hispanic/Latino" as their ethnicity.

But they didn't.  They chose "Other" as their race, then "Hispanic" as their ethnicity.

10 years ago

But that's not an ethnicity... that's not even race, God damn your multicurtular societies. This is more frustrating than people labelling all Asians as Chinese/Jap/Yellowish

10 years ago

I believe they only label Asians as Asians because they are on the land mass known as Asia.

10 years ago

They don't only label Asians as Asians, they only label Yellowish ethnic group as Asian when let us say, an Armenian (who is geographically, Asian) isn't. It's a stupid generalization of a very diverse continent. Heck even Japs and Chinese have completely different cultures yet are both labelled as Asians. 

10 years ago

Well, I'm always confused with Asia because of the level of diversity there. China and Japan are generally the first things people think of when they here the were Asian. Nevertheless I try not to tread with debating Asian cultures because it would essentially be an unending debate.

10 years ago

Ok then.

10 years ago

Don't forget the Indians.

They have to be classified as "Indian (Asian)" because we still use the wrong label on Native Americans.  :P

10 years ago

That always pissed me off and I don't know why.

10 years ago

'They have to be classified as "Indian (Asian)" because we still use the wrong label on Native Americans.  :P'

^Oh my fucking lord, this is why we don't solve problems in society.

10 years ago

Lol I saw what you posted. I was just saying that the Native American and Indian mixup always frustrated me.

10 years ago

Well, obviously Christopher Columbus either never went to india, or was just fuckin drunk the entire time, but he SOMEHOW mistook a new land that he's never seen before for a land he's probably never seen before.

Here's how i imagined it played out:

"LAND HO!"

*Ship lands*

CC:"MEN! WE HAVE MADE IT TO INDIA!"*Is totally drunk off rum*

*guy raises hand*

CC:"..*sigh*...what is it, John?"

"Sir...i've been to India, it looks NOTHING like this...I mean, seriously, look at that guy over there!"

*points to Native American that runs away*

"That looked NOTHING like an Indian!"

CC:" John, i know India when i see it..."

"But-"

CC:"JOHN!"

"...yes, sir..."

CC:"Ok. Now, if there are no more INTERRUPTIONS, Lets go explore India!"

*Everyone cheers and runs inland*

"...stupid Columbus...I know India when i see it..."

10 years ago

Pretty much sums it all up. Guess we can blame Columbus for drinking and sailing.

10 years ago

... I imagine this subject is extra frustrating a person who has, say, a Native American father and a mother from India.

10 years ago

1st Person: So what race are you?

2nd Person: I'm Native and Indian.

1st Person: So your a Native Indian? Your from India?

2nd Person: No I mean I'm part Native and part Indian.

1st Person: Oh, I get it. You had a sucky history teacher as a kid didn't you?

10 years ago

He could just say he's half Indian Dot and half Indian Feather.

10 years ago

lol wut?

10 years ago

I remember reading that CC never really studied India, and predicted he had landed in Japan or something.

10 years ago

*Mind blown*

10 years ago

Damnit Tim :P

10 years ago

Just to help clear things up. I don't care for anything beyond the fact that your human and what nation you belong too.

1. Nationality: The status of belonging to a particular nation or it can be an ethnic group term as well.

2. Ethnicity: A social group usually united by history, culture or a common nationality.

3. Race is just another way of talking about an ethnicity. But it can refer to the different characteristics of a group compared to a different one.

10 years ago

In the context you are referring to, race is not an anatomical classification; it is a culture one, and the established races definitely have pretty significant cultural differences.

10 years ago

We all being assimulated in one big Western "culture" with Anglo-American/Protestant values when it comes to economy (see Liberal Capitalism) and pure degenerans when it comes to social subjects (see Sweden)

10 years ago

I dont see why people would want to copy the USA when the majority of people who live in the USA dislike it here.

10 years ago

I guess it all stems down to ''opinion''. It is my opinion that there are indeed different races of human beings. I'm black (Well I'm light-brown, but I'm still called a black man/African-American) and I have a lot of melanin, which means the sun doesn't harm my body on a level that it does a white, but a white could survive a cold climate longer than I could. My hair is rough, white hair is fine, asian hair is fine, jamaican hair is rough etc. We are different because of things like this, the list can go on all day but my fingers are tired.

10 years ago

Still, dogs are incredibly varied creatures, but when it comes down to genes, bulldogs are practically indistinguishable from a Japanese hairless, it's nigh impossible to tell Chihuahuas apart from a Great Dane. The same thing goes with humans. It's really all a matter of when the genes are activated in  the womb. Therefore, they are not different races, just breeds.