Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Okay, what do you guys think would make some cool supervillian match-ups? I mean, what two supervillians would you really like to see pitted against each other? Darth Vader v. Sephiroth? Voldemort v. Ganondorf? Whatever.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

What? Really? No one has replied to this post in the last 13 hours?

Lonely...I'm Mr. Lonely...I've got nobody...for my ooooooowwwn.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Balrog vs Mephisto from Ghost Rider.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Haha...nice.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Shadda faq ap. Anyway...

Lex Luther vs Joker

Deathstroke (Slade) vs Deadpool

Ultron vs Braniac

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

That's not nice, but anyway, I think Deathstroke vs. Deadpool would be cool.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

You don't think Lex Luther vs Joker would be a good fight? Out of the ones I listed I think Luther beats Joker, Deathstroke beats Deadpool, Ultron beats Braniac but it will be a mess.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Does Lex get his power armor? If he does I'd say Lex. Without it....I would still say Lex. He is surprisingly well trained and has trained his body well. Joker hasn't. Joker's advantages here are is toxins. I would say that his unpredictability is also an advantage, but Lex has often been able to understand the Joker and is in fact what keeps him as a team player in the Legion of Doom instead of someone who starts poisoning people on his own team, which is probably what the Joker would do if Lex wasn't there.

Deathstroke is more mortal than Deadpool. Deadpool doesn't only have Wolverine-like regeneration (which Deathstroke also has), but he has been made even more immortal (to the point where beheading or de-atomizing isn't even enough to kill him), by Thanos, because Thanos and Deadpool are both interested in the same girl, which is Lady Death, a female version of the Grim Reaper, so to make sure they never meet (at least not for long), Thanos immortalized Deadpool. Because of that, I'd say Deadpool.

Ultron is made of adamantium, right? That would be difficult to combat, although, Brainac has much greater feats than Ultron, having assimilated entire galaxies and collected their data. I'll go with Brainiac for this but I do think Ultron would have a chance.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

All of these villains using whatever they have available, no holds bar anything goes. All in their prime.

I think Deathstroke would be able to beat Deadpool, but not kill him of course. Everytime I've seen Deathstroke fight, he is usually messing around with his opponent (eg Teen Titans, Batman). Deathstroke also has more military training and experience than Deadpool, as well as a more diverse arsenal of weapons to use. Deadpool's biggest advantage is how unpredictable he is. Deathstroke wins by predicting his opponents moves, Deadpool doesn't even know what he's doing half the time.

I'm not sure if it's canon, but Ultron did kill all the Avengers except Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor. Braniac's mind controlling ability would be rendered useless against Ultron and I highly doubt he'll be able to hack into Ultron's body.
 I know that Braniac gave Superman a run for his money, but his greater abilities are unknown to me.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Ultron killing the Avengers is not canon. Also, Brainiac has upgraded his "body" to a level where he can physically match Superman without using Kryptonite, and if its no-holds barred, he can use said mind controlled device on, say, Doomsday, which he did in a comic once. So no, the mind control device is not useless.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

I know he has at least killed a few people. Here are people Ultron is confirmed to have either killed, is stronger than, or is capable of beating:

Captain America, Black Widow, She-Hulk, Iron Man, Henry Pym, Black Panther, Silver Sable, Korath the Pursuer, Scarlet Witch, Charles Xavier, Fury, Emma Frost, Falcon, and most of the people in the Defenders group.

This should say enough, Ultron wouldn't have a problem with Doomsday.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Wouldn't have a problem with Doomsday? I think you severely underestimate him. He once went to Oa and battled all 3600 Green Lanterns as well as the Guardians of the Universe, after killing hundreds of lanterns, the only way they were able to survive is because one of the Guardians sacrificed himself to transport Doomsday out of there. Doomsday has also beaten Darkseid, who is held up as the "Thanos" or he "Apocalypse" of the DC universe.

Not to mention each battle Doomsday has makes him stronger, so even if Ultron somehow manages to stop him, he'll ultimately just be making it worse for himself.

The only thing Ultron might be able to do against Doomsday is, like the Lanterns did, transport him out of there, but if Brainiac is controlling him, Brainiac can easily bring Doomsday back.

Also, that list, it's not "capable of beating them all at the same time" right? Because the Avengers have also beaten him on numerous occasions. This is kind of like saying "Bane is capable of beating Batman". Sure, it has happened, but Bane usually looses against him.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Ultron HAS taken on many of those heroes at the same time and walked away the victor. Almost every time they tried to beat Ultron they teamed up on him. Even the Hulk had trouble with him and only won because the plot said he needed to. At the beginning of Hulk vs Ulltron, Ultron was kicking the Hulk's green ass without even moving much.

Doomsday is big and stupid compared to Ultron. If Ultron can beat Thor, he won't have an issue with Doomsday. Also, considering the Green Lanterns need to watch the power-level of their rings all the time, I'm not surprised they all got beaten. I don't think they were that strong to begin with.

Another thing to consider is that Ultron makes copies of those he kills. So take that list and turn them into combat robots built by Ultron and Doomsday and Braniac are going to have a problem.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Again, he will have an issue with Doomsday because beating him only makes him stronger.

Also...Doomsday was a challenge for Superman and yet beating Thor means it won't be an issue? In DC vs Marvel, Thor got dwarfed by Superman.

It doesn't matter how many robot duplicates he creates (and also...no, Ultron doesn't always do that, at least not in the comics I've read), Doomsday adapts to them, if anything, throwing that many at him means he adapts even faster and therefore grows even stronger.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Yes because Thor would even give Superman a run for his money. Possibly beating him since Superman is weak against magic. For some reason whenever those two fight, Superman's weakness to magic gets thrown out the window. Why? Because he's Superman.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Wolverine vs Deathstroke.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Wolverine isn't a villain.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Your right. My mistake.

Electrocutioner vs Johnny Ohm

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Johnny Ohm absorbs electricity, right? Can't he pretty much take away Electrocutioners powers?

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Yes. I'm not good at making super-villain matchups.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Absorbing Man vs Parasite

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Voldemort vs Sauron. (Aka "He who must not be named" vs "he whose face we apparently must never see." ... and hey, they both have issues holding onto bodies -and- have dangerous, difficult to destroy items that contain fragments of their power / souls)

Naraku (of Inuyasha) vs Orochimaru (of Naruto)  (Both body snatchers, both out of their f*cking minds.)

Sin (from Final Fantasy X) vs Godzilla. (Because giant abominations beating the crap out of each other is always fun.)

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Are we talking about Sauron at his full power with his body and all or disembodied Sauron?

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Depends on what state Voldemort is in, I suppose?

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Micheal Meyers vs. Hanibal Lecter.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Myers. Lecter is awesome and all, but Myers's strength is just phenomenal.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Lecter is a tactician, a martial artist, and smart enough to turn the lights on and/or use a gun. With no holds barred, he'd make a few explosives and trick Mikey into opening the rigged door. He'd also probably be able to take Myers from behind.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

If given the chance, but then this isn't just "who wins in a fight", because he has to know beforehand that the fight is going to take place in order to do that.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Even if Hannibal didn't know, he'd figure it out before Myers gets to him. He's either hosting a party to subversively feed his cannibalistic cravings or manipulate people, or he's in jail. Either way he's hanging around a gaggle of people that Myers, being mentally retarded and pretty much incapable of strategy outside of sneaking around, will kill before getting to Lecter. Lecter will smell trouble, and with the power of deduction, ("Hm... Who else around here is seven feet tall and never changes his own clothes?") will be able to find him. Not to mention that Hannibal knows psychology forwards and backwards, so manipulating someone as mute and simple-minded as Myers should be child's play. Even if Myers doesn't understand English.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Or is Meyer's so dumb that Lecter's manipulation wouldn't work? I know that sounds ridiculous, but think about it.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Unless Myers is a robot, which he isn't, he WILL respond to some very, very basic psychological queues, even if he does appear to have no psychology. Even if he didn't do that, Lecter can play on his constant urge to kill through clever ally placement.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Hmm...good point.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Depends on what Myers we're talking about.

If we're going with what Myers was supposed to be in the first two original movies (Just a "regular" human), Lecter could take him.

If we're going with "Supernatural Pure Force of Evil" Myers from the later movies then he gets Lecter eventually. (Still might take him awhile though)

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Hannibal will eat Meyers's liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Mystique vs Harley Quinn... Just to get my two favorite villainesses in the same place. cheeky

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Definitely.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Mystique wins hands down. All she has to do is change into Joker and shoot Harley point-blank range.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Thanos vs Deadpool (Hint: Deadpool will always win this fight)

Galactus (full-powered) vs Parallax

Galactus (full-powered) and Thanos (Infinity Gauntlet) vs Parallax and Anti-Monitor

1st Fight: Deadpool wins. He always wins.

2nd Fight: I think Galactus takes it

3rd Fight: End of time and space. Multiverse apocalypse

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

I'm going to say Thanos beats Deadpool, partially because I want to hear you defend this one with arguments that are no doubt going to be better than "because Deadpool is funny and awesome".

I think Galactus beats Parallax, although this one is a good fight, they are both really powerful...sometimes, although sometimes the writers forget how powerful they are.

Galactus and Thanos vs Parallax and Anti-Monitor...Thanos with the infinity gauntlet is pretty much omnipotent, the way I understand it, so he could probably just wish Parallax and Anti-Monitor (and Galactus for that matter) out of existence, although he has been beaten with the infinity gauntlet so maybe he just sucks with it, idk.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Thanos vs Deadpool. Let me say that Thanos is much stronger than Deadpool is, but regardless if Thanos kills Deadpool it will still be Deadpool's victory. Remember, Thanos cursed Deadpool with immortality because he didn't want Deadpool and Death to be together. Should Deadpool actually kill Thanos, good for him. Should Thanos kill Deadpool, he will lose the one thing he has always wanted. Death. Deadpool dies and can now be together with Death, which in itself is a victory for him. Especially since Deadpool actually wants to die.

Galactus has beaten Thanos when he had the Infinity Gauntlet, but I think Anti-Monitor is going to be the biggest problem for them.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Good point on the Thanos vs Deadpool.

Anti-Monitor's weakness is everything. If he touches something (and is unarmored), he evaporates. Yeah, he's really powerful, but he has a really exploitable weakness for these villains of god-like power that can probably destroy the armor.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

darth vader vs the big bad wolf.cool

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

That one's not even fair, Sharky. Well, nevermind, I guess it depends on the BBW's midichlorian count, and a wolf that can use the force might be the most badass concept ever.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Joker vs Carnage

Metallo vs Ultron

Giganta vs Goliath

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Joker vs Carnage...yeah....good luck to Joker. The one other super villain as crazy and he is, and he also has so much power Spider-Man and Venom needed to team up to take him down. Although I guess Carnage is vulnerable to fire and sonic...I still don't think Joker has a chance.

Ultron beats Metallo, like I said earlier in the thread, the Ultron vs Brainiac thing is a close call (although I stand by the notion that Brainiac wins), but Metallo is a way lower tier villain. Ultron is just out of his league.

Giganta vs Goliath...I don't know Goliath that well, but since Giganta has been a challenge for Wonder Woman, who is pretty damn powerful, I'd bet she can take Goliath (again, speaking as someone who knows very little about Goliath).

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

I think Joker can win this. The guy is a genius and we all know that Spiderman is an incompetent child. Joker could easily outwit Carnage and put an end to him.

Ultron for the win.

Giganta vs Goliath. Goliath isn't a villain, so this match is invalid.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Spider-Man an incompetent child...yeah...it's not like he's one of the greatest minds in the Marvel universe on par with Reed Richards, Charles Xavier and Tony Stark or anything. Also, that was Spider-Man and Venom, one of the most badass characters in Marvel history.

Goliath not a villain? I say that depends entirely on your perspective during the Marvel Civil War. I considered his side to be the villainous side.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Spiderman has lost to Sandman. The fire department can beat him without an issue. Spiderman has shown himself to be cocky, egotistical, and not very tactful. Venom is just a savage brute through and through. Joker outclasses them both. Don't even compare Spiderman to Richards, Stark, and definitely not Xavier. Those guys have proved time and time again their intellect. Spiderman wins most of his fights by luck.

Goliath was with the Avengers for a time so I assumed he was a hero. I never saw the Marvel Civil War.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

I will compare Spider-Man to Richards, Stark and Xavier because that's how smart he is.

Most of his fights through luck? Are we talking about the same Spider-man here? Peter Parker, bitten by a spider? Motivated by the death of uncle Ben? He wins nearly all of his fights by figuring out how their powers/technology works and then establishing what weaknesses that offers. He has lost to Sandman, yeah. He has also beaten the Sinister Six on his own, a team which includes Sandman as one of six members. Joker doesn't outclass either of them.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Tony Stark managed to make an Iron Man suit from scarp metal and a lighter. He escaped a terrorist camp and single-handedly wiped nearly all of them out. Stark created Ultron, one of the strongest robots in both Marvel and DC. Stark lead a military technology revolution with his mind alone.

Richards is actually confirmed to have the highest IQ of any superhero. Spiderman does not compare.

Xavier was a prodigy from a very young age and basically built the X-Men himself. There are very few things that he doesn't know about. Even in his old age, he still can outsmart the best of them.

Joker has the mind of a genius and is one of the most cunning characters ever. We never even see Joker get serious when he is doing his deeds. Could you imagine what it would be like if someone like the Joker actually got serious? It would be a disaster and even Batman knows this.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

"Stark created Ultron."

Eeeh...don't you mean Ant-Man? Because I'm pretty sure Ant-Man is the one who created Ultron, unless you're talking about the new Avengers movie they're making where they change it to Stark.

Yes, Reed Richards is the smartest character in the Marvel Universe, that is true, and I never said he wasn't, I said Spider-Man was one of the smartest along with characters like Richards.

"Even in his old age, he still can outsmart the best of them" maybe part of that is his old age, or his experience. Really, the reason Spider-Man seems of lesser intellect is because he is younger.

"Could you imagine what it would be like if someone like the Joker actually got serious", yes, he would lose his greatest advantage which is his unpredictability (an advantage Carnage also has in addition to the shapeshifting and the super strength and the wall crawling and the stretching and all that).

All those feats of intellect you pointed out for the other heroes are true, however, you neglected to point out why Spider-Man does not rank among them. Here are some of his feats of intelligence:

Inventing the web shooters. They may not be Iron Man armors but hey, Tony has ten years on Spider-Man, and they are very impressive machines even if they look small and simple (hell, the ultimate nullifier, Richard's greatest machine looks very small and simple too, doesn't it?)

Created an EMP in seconds in the middle of a battle.

Cured a flesh eating disease by himself.

Ant-Man (you know, the creator of that awesome Ultron you just mentioned), claimed that Spider-Man was more intelligent than he is.

Took an intelligence test that Reed Richards took at Peter's age and they got the same score.

Hacked into Tony Stark's security systems.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Meh...you proved your point. I looked at a list on intelligent characters and he is always in the top five. I just don't like him...a lot. The movies also don't show how smart he is.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

The Amazing Spider-Man movies sort of do, with him developing the web shooters and then Amazing Spider-Man 2 had a scene of his experimenting with a battery to try and figure out how to combat Electro more effectively. It isn't much for the genius he's supposed to be but at least it's there.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Yes, I'm sorry, but whoever created that movie obviously knew nothing about electricity.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

You said that if Joker became serious that he'd lose his unpredictability. I say not. In The Dark Knight, Joker does get more serious than he usually does and he is still as unpredictable as he was before. Joker becoming more serious would not make him more predictable, someone like him can't suddenly become predictable. The Joker could effectively take over the entire underground criminal organizations and make them all work for him. He could literally run the city (and many others) from the shadows.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Here's an interesting idea...

The Joker Vs. Kefka Pallazzo (Final Fantasy VI)

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

I never played FF VI :(

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

I just found out why there are so many things wrong with Spiderman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r06mCANdnXQ

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

I don't see how this is an example of things wrong with Spider-Man. Is it because of the juvenile nature of the show? You know that was made for kids, right?

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Yes, I meant it as a joke. >.>

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Joker takes Carnage. Why?

Joker uses guns, and bombs, steals helicopters and cars, has a veritable army of henchmen at his disposal. He also likes wise-cracking into megaphones, and symbiotes fuckin' hate big vibrations, like the ones emenated from bells, vibrating bars, and bass speakers, which Mistah Jay occassionally uses. He also has the capacity to poison entire city blocks, which a quasi-liquid tentacle monster will be especially susceptible to. If Carage so much as steps in a puddle of volatile liquid, that symbiote is going to take a serious hit.

Joker vs. the Green Goblin is another story. Greenie has a little less henchmen, and while he isn't as brilliant as the Joker, he doesn't need to. That flying thing really can't be competed with, the only thing Joker has on it are snipers and gas bombs, but the Green Goblin has gas bombs too. And armor. And incredible strength. I think he has a gas mask too, so the Joker would be effectively screwed unless there's no chance that his brutes will miss the Green Goblin's head with their bullets.

I think it's fair that Ultron wins, seeing that Metallo's whole gig was that he runs on a kryptonite battery. But, I'm not sure, I never really read into most of the terminator enemies.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

I'm not sure if Joker is smarter than the Green Goblin. Norman Osborn is extremely intelligent, and I think I read something about the goblin serum boosting it even more.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Green Goblin is a genius to be sure, it's just that Joker's knowledge is more of a battle-applicable one while Norman's is better suited to the laboratory. But it has always been my understanding that the Goblonium Green instead clouded his mind and made him such a psychopathic bastard, I could be wrong on that though.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Voldemort vs. Gellert Grindewald

Two of the most powerful dark wizards from the Harry Potter Universe. I think Voldemort would have it if he had the horcruxes. I don't think Grindewald would have enough patience to find them, even without the danger. If not though, I think Grindewald might win. Sure, Voldemort is pretty tactical and cunning, but I don't think he's got the flat-out skill that Grindewald had. He seems more powerful to me.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Hm...Ive always wondered who'd win in a fight: Alduin or the Archdemon....

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Dammit, now I want to play skyrim instead of writing my story!

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Alduin vs Archdemon

Lol you missed the entire debate. It will most likely end in both of their deaths.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Shao Kahn vs Darkseid

Akuma vs Devil Jin

Vergil vs Sephiroth

1st Match: Shao Kahn

2nd Match: Devil Jin

3rd Match: Tough call, but I'd say Vergil.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Wait, what? How the hell does Shao Khan beat Darkseid?

Darkseid's easily up in that Galactus/Thanos range of power. He a god.

Unless there is some Mortal Kombat lore I'm not aware of, it's my understanding that Shao Khan is just a really powerful warlord with stronger magic than most of the other mortal kombat characters, but that's about it.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Galactos is stronger than Darkseid; he actually beat Darkseid in a crossover, I believe.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

It was sort of a standoff. Darkseid couldn't destroy him, but Galactus couldn't kill him either and left because Apokalpse was too poisonous to eat. (Something like that)

Still don't see Shao Kahn beating Darkseid though. I mean I know there was that Mortal Kombat vs. DC game, but the developers said they had to rewrite things so that the MK characters actually stood a chance against the DC ones.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

The only character in DC I see giving them any issue is Superman. However, almost every Mortal Kombat character has magic, so Superman isn't a big issue.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Spectre and Dr Manhattan are DC characters.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

I meant those that were in the cross over. I'm sure Kahn could beat Spectre anyway.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Shao Kahn has effectively conquered 10 different realms, absorbed an estimated 60 billion souls which adds to his power level, and defeated the Dragon King (who was thought to be unbeatable). Shao Kahn was originally a protector of Netherrealm for the Elder Gods, thus he was given godly power. However, he went power hungry and started exploiting loopholes to conquer the other realms.

Kahn has defeated champions of the Elder Gods, defenders of the Elder Gods, and the Elder Gods themselves. He is constantly getting stronger.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

He has that many souls? He better stay away from Ghost Rider then.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Why is that? I haven't read much on Ghost Rider.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

His stare burns the souls of the guilty, the more stain of evil on the souls (and if he has billions of them...that'll be quite a lot), the more excruciating the experience is for the victim.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

lucky for him ghostrider lives in the Marvel universe.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Vergil?... Like the tutorial guy from that disturbing claymation RPG?

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Vergil from Devil May Cry. You know Dante's twin brother.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Nah, I stuck to Resident Evil back then.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Abra Kadabra vs Mysterio. Don't know if anyone has heard of them but they sort of have the same shtick.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

The Doctor Vs. Reed Richards

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Both are heroes. And the Doctor wins.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

What if Mr Fantastic uses the ultimate nullifier?

I don't know anything about the Doctor, but I do know the ultimate nullifier is an insta-win against most if not every enemy.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

The Doctor has millennia of experience, and has outsmarted creatues from thr 3rd and 4th dimensions countless times. Weeping Angels...nuff said.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Again...ultimate nullifier, the thing that has defeated beings like Galactus and Mephisto.

Also, I just pointed out I don't know who that is, I don't know what the 3rd and 4th dimensions are either. For all I know, those are very unimpressive feats.

Not that Mr Fantastic doesn't have his share of outsmarting extra-dimensional cosmic beings himself.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

You don't know who Who is?

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

No, so it would be nice to get some feats for comparison.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

1. Defeated Satan.

2. Defeated creatures that can kill someone with a single touch.

3. Stopped the destruction of all intelligent life by the Daleks.

4. Destroyed his own race when they threatened to destroy the universe and ascend to Godhood. To put this into perspective, Time Lords are practically immortal (Well, they can die a certain number of times before staying dead).

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Do you really believe he would even use the nullifier? To take down someone like the Doctor? No. Richards isn't the type of person to overkill. Even so, the Doctor doesn't have any powers, except being a bitch to kill. The Doctor is basically immortal especially since few know how to take him down for good. The Doctor's quick thinking and ability to outsmart even the most intelligent of opponents show how cunning he is. The Doctor has been able to wipe out entire species. He is a mad genius.

By the way, Weeping Angels are a 4th dimensional creature that feeds off of the life energy of their prey. They are near impossible to kill and only move (extremely fast by the way) when you aren't looking at them. If you look them in the eye, you're dead. If you don't look at them, you're dead. The Doctor has beaten them countless times.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

"The Doctor has been able to wipe out entire species" funny, that's exactly the kind of beings Mr Fantastic usually outwits.

Still, it seems I underestimated the Doctor. I'm still not convinced he wins though.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Mr. Fantastic outwits giant monsters and power hungry conquerors. The Doctor is neither of those, he did it because it was necessary. Again, the Doctor has been saving the galaxy for centuries. He is way above Mr. Fantasitc.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Just because he's been doing it for longer? That does not make him above Mr Fantastic.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

It does. Top experience with the Doctor's already high level of intelligence and he can outwit anyone put in front of him. Every time the Doctor is in danger, he gets out using his brain alone. He doesn't have to rely on powers. Batman should be evidence enough the powers don't always make the hero.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

The powers certainly don't make things worse, do they? Mr Fantastic is the most intelligent guy in the Marvel Universe, the stretching powers are a bonus.

Not to mention that intelligence has always been the most inconsistent ability ever.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

They may lead to Reed underestimating The Doctor. You never want to underestimate The Doctor. Even the killer mutants in tanks that always seem to score 1 hit kills and came two inches from destroying the omniverse know not to underestimate The Doctor.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Has Reed ever underestimated anyone? That's more Doom's thing. Reed respects intelligence alone enough not to underestimate him.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Reed underestimated Doom...

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

When?

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Throughout the whole thing basically. Reed wasn't expecting Doom to do everything he did up until he froze him. Doom managed to catch him pretty easily too. "What happens when you superheat rubber?"

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

I don't know if the movie necessarily counts as canon, but it should, right?

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

That was not underestimating his capability. At no point did he indicate that Doom was unable to catch him or get a freezing machine (also, don't forget that Doom had the great advantage of the fact that Reed had no idea he had super powers to begin with. He literally had a few seconds to process that before being blasted with lightning). That was underestimating his evilness, which is completely different.

Also, that scenario (thanks to Reed's leadership btw), ended with Doom as a statue.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

If this nullifier has taken down a planet-eater, it can certainly be used to win against the doctor.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

But, what if the doctor had planned on Reeds using the ultimate nullifier and positioned himself in such a way that if Richards used the ultimate nullifier it would destroy the Tardis and, by extension, the universe. Remember, that in one of the 9th doctor episodes, he said that the Tardis was connected to the time vortex.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Reed is too smart to fall for that, being the smartest person in his universe.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Exactly, so if The Doctor did that, he wouldn't use the nullifier, giving the doctor enough time to retreat. Of course, the chances of Reed actually having the nullifier on him at the time of the battle are slim. And, oh, he didn't create the nullifier; he had The Torch steal it from Galactus.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Don't forget Reed's stretching powers, he can quickly get a new angle at the Doctor so that he doesn't hit something important in the background.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

The Doctor could easily exploit that strength and turn it into a major weakness. "What happens when rubber is super cooled?"

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

He'd have to catch him first, unless the plan is to ask him politely to enter into a freezer and hope that does the trick.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Are you assuming that you have to catch him to freeze him? Sorry but that isn't the case.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

The Doctor once froze someone in time, trapped someone else in a mirror dimension, Dropped one down an elevator shaft (after binding him with chains made from a dwarf star), and trapped another in a collapsing galaxy. How he did these things isn't adequately explained, but I agree that he could trap Richards without him knowing it.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

The mirror dimension won't be a problem since Mr Fantastic developed ways to travel between dimensions. The chains won't be a problem because of the stretching abilities (no matter how heavy or unbreakable they are, if there is the tiniest hole, he can stretch through it) and the collapsing galaxy is also solved by the dimensional travel thing. The only thing there that might be a problem is the frozen in time thing.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Well, I suppose he could raid Mr. Freeze's armory for a freeze gun.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Fantastic 4= Marvel

Mr. Freeze= DC

Then again, The Doctor is neither of those and he has bounced through dimensions before, so I guess he could raid Mr. Freeze's armory.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Has that sonic screwdriver ever been used to drive screws?

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

No, but he has picked locks with it.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

...yeah...I know Fantastic 4 is in Marvel and Mr Freeze is in DC. I'm sorry, I guess that makes my joke incorrect.

Replace Mr Freeze with Blizzard.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

Doesn't matter, as James said the Doctor could still cross into both universes.

Supervillian match-ups?

9 years ago

I meant to reply to the protagonist's matchup thing. Sorry.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

Judge Dredd vs. Mad Max

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

Spider-man vs Moon Knight

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

Batman vs Batman

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

The original Batman in his prime vs. Batman Beyond Batman

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

Jin Kazama vs Liu Kang

Dovahkiin vs Geralt of Rivia

Kratos vs Dante

Agent 47 vs Batman

Hawke vs Grey Warden

1st Match - Jin Kazama; 2nd Match - Dovahkiin; 3rd Match - Dante; 4th Match - Agent 47; 5th Match - Hawke

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

I'd say Grey Warden beats Hawke, Hawke is cool and all, but the Grey Warden has taken down more powerful enemies, like the Archdemon, gone into the fade to combat those big super demons, a forest goddess etc. Really, the most impressive opponents Hawke has defeated are the knight commander with that stone controlling statue sword, the big wizard blob and the weird golem spirit monster in the dwarven tunnels.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

The Grey Warden did beat the Archdemon...with the help of an army, his team, and a few artillery rounds. Also, the Archdemon had her wings/back cut by the other Warden. The Warden hasn't fought many impressive people in single-combat.

Hawke took down a fully grown dragon, he battled an uber leveled blood mage, and the Knight Commander was no joke. She was insane with power at the time. Hawke was able to do what the Warden did without even drinking Darkspawn blood. Hawke has shown much more feats than the Warden has.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

What battles has Hawke fought without his team?

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlACgYHtWCI

There ya go :) Also, Varen (I think that's his name) tells the story as Hawke defeating the Knight Commander himself. Everyone knows the Warden needed help to beat the Archdemon. Then there is Logain who isn't as good as most of Hawke's enemies.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

You can solo everything as the Gray Warden as well, just screw Morrigan to survive the Archdemon battle you don't need to take her or anyone else.

The Gray Warden can take down Morrigan's mom, a full grown dragon, a Harvester (Which is what that blood mage turned into in DA2 you're referring to) the Archdemon, A couple of those giant dark spawn brood mothers, the Architect, a Varterral, the Lady of the forest, countless powerful demons and blood mages, etc.

And Varen is known to exaggerate his stories, so I'm not convinced about Hawke.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

The Warden will have to call on the reinforcements in order to get to the Archdemon and even during the battle unless you're saying he can take on the Archdemon and his minion by himself. Flemmeth wasn't killed nor was she really beaten. She predicted it would happen and just let it happen.

Varen may exaggerate every now and then, but Hawke wasn't called the champion being a pushover. And how can you exaggerate Hawke killing the dragon or the Knight Commander?

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

How many people he uses to get the Archdemon there is irrelevant. The fight itself he can handle on his own.

You can exaggerate by saying he did it alone when in fact, he wasn't alone, for example.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

I was also referring to when the Archdemon sends minions after you. You can't take them all on and still fight the Archdemon unless you are playing on a low difficulty like a bitch.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

Still irrelevant, we weren't talking about "boss fights and the minions before the boss fight". He can fight the Archdemon himself.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

It's relevant because those minions are part of the boss fight. The Warden also fought a handicapped Archdemon, which you seem to ignore.

All of Hawke's enemies were at top shape when he fought them.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

So what you're saying is that the following statement is false: The Grey Warden can defeat the Archdemon.

Note that the sentence was neither "The Grey Warden can defeat the Archdemon with darkspawn minions" or "The Grey Warden can defeat the Archdemon when handicapped", but "The Grey Warden can defeat the Archdemon". Assuming anything not part of that sentence doesn't exist for this scenario, is it or is it not true?

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

Unfortunately we don't and won't know. If you choose to ignore everything that happened during the last battle then you ignore the situation as a whole. It's like saying, "The Dovahkiin defeated Alduin single-handedly," which he didn't because he had help.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

I really don't see the Knight Commander being more powerful than the Archdemon or the Architect though.

And even if Flemmeth didn't actually die, the Warden still had to battle her and she didn't just sit there and take it.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

Don't you think Flemmeth could have killed the Warden if she really wanted to? The only thing keeping her from doing so was the Blight.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

I saw it more of a case where she foresaw someone beating her, but not necessarily the Warden.

I got the impression she was more like "If he defeats me, I got a back up plan come back anyway, if not well it must be someone else."

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

But then you have to consider that Flemmeth seemed to be unsurprised when Morrigan finds out her secret. Although that could just be Flemmeth not caring. Then it also makes no sense that she would be so willing to give up her book, which is going to make Morrigan stronger and harder to take over.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

Hitman-Batman... I see what you did there.

Anyway, batman would win, seeing as how he's beaten the likes of Hush before. He's just way better equipped. I mean, look at how Hitman handled the big-ass Mexican guard! He's just a human, whilst Batman, (albeit barely) has managed to take down bane. And other superhuman entities, I might add, while Agent 47 is just a Bond clone with over-emphasis on his license to kill.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

Scar (from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood) vs. Rogue (from X-men)

They can both kill people with a touch.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

Rogue would steal Scar's powers and kill him.

/match.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

Assuming she can steal his powers. He gets his powers from the alchemical array on his arm.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

She grabs his arm when he tries to touch her and ends up killing him. The end.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

Assuming her powers are enough to paralyze him...and that May Chang isn't around. Plus, he is so fast that the odds of her actually touching him are slim.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

They kill each other as soon as they touch. Draw.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

After fighting Ms. Marvel Rogue also had flight and super strength.

So yeah, Rogue.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

She can fly away and throw stuff at him. So what? He managed to break out of a solid steel box that Grand tried to contain him with. He can destroy almost anything that Rogue hurls at him. Should she actually get a hold on him, she would have to worry about his 'splodey arm.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

As far as I remember he only had one splodey arm. That means he can't protect all sides. With flight, Rogue could swerve around him, ambush him, etc. quickly. All she needs is one touch with any body part, remember. She doesn't even need to think about it, Scar does.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

Yes, but she absorbs the memories of her victims and this is shown to be debilitating to her. Now, imagine her absorbing Scar's memories. 

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

She's probably 'remembered' worse. Even so, Scar would still be done while she's be recovering. So she'd overall win a fight.

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

Not usually. Only happens rarely, I believe.

Rogue would simply kick Scar's ass. (Scar's a badass, but Rogue kicks ass)

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

Okay, then, here's another one...

Roy Mustang vs The Fire Lord

Protagonist Matchups!

9 years ago

Sherlock Holmes vs L Lawliet

The battle of the greatest detectives ever!