Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Choose Your Own Adventure Radio Show!

8 years ago

Hello to all Storygamers!

Recently, I have formed together an adventurous group of people like myself to host our own Choose Your Own Adventure Radio Show! 

We plan on reading stories from talented authors like you on this site!

Some Story Requirements Before They Are Read...

1. The story MUST BE APPROPRIATE. That means no swearing or profanity. No intense violence. 

2. Length of the story must not be too long. We could do multiple shows for one story, but it is radio so it would be harder.

Other than that, feel free to post any recommendations that you feel are appropriate for radio! I will post episodes via sound cloud and there will be an iTunes Podcast eventually as well. More updates to come.  

-AppDude27

8 years ago

Neat!

8 years ago

"No swearing" or "profanity" and "no intense violence"? Well ... that excludes everything Endmaster has ever made, every story I've made, and all of Madglee's work. (Unless you somehow manage to get through my first game without a single violent death, don't go anywhere near the vampire path, and kill the final boss in a non-messy way.)

But there are still a lot of really good ones available ... (though I'm saddened that you won't be reading End's work because the chick that read one of his stories aloud for a podcast somehow made it even funnier...)

8 years ago
Pretty much every good story on here has some profanity or violence. Not to mention most good storygames tend to be pretty long.

You're basically limited to snow and light space with those requirements.

Cool idea, but you have too many restrictions imo.

8 years ago

How long is "too long?"  Are you planning on doing more than one path per show?

8 years ago

Only thing I can add to what others noted (and you you should prolly address Killa's post) is that this was actually done before. So while I'm not telling you not to do it, you may want to avoid the ones they've done.

Good luck!

8 years ago

Go Your Own Way is an AMAZING podcast. I love listening to their show. It's actually what inspired me to do a radio show of my own. There are some differences, however. For one, we are also a video game talk show. The choose your own adventure portion is only an hour and it's where the real fun begins. 

Obvious sexual or violent stories are not allowed on radio. Stories that could be  PG-13 are allowed. Note that I will curtail or reword stories if there is profanity.It's part of the college's limitations for radio.

As far as length goes, we have a whole hour. Sometimes if we end the game talk show part early then we will have more time. Otherwise, if we can manage to finish the story in under an hour, then it's good. 

We would probably only go with one path. (Maybe two if time permits.)

8 years ago
PG-13 films have violence all the time. Do you mean like excessively graphic violence or something?

8 years ago

Exactly, so something that is not "overly violent" to the point that it's gut wrenching to read. Some examples of this include:

- Excessive language involving pain, blood, guts, and other bodily harm

- Nothing related to intense sexual acts or sexual innuendos that are suggestive in nature. 

Think about it this way, EVERYONE listens to radio. That includes almost all age groups. Would you want your grandma to hear this? Your 16 year old cousin or nephew? Your son or daughter? Etc.

8 years ago
Well, that opens it up a bit then. Still have a ban on all Endmaster stuff, but at least you should be able to read storygames like order of the midnight sun and all the sci-fi stuff.

8 years ago

I don't recall GZ being that bad.

8 years ago

8 F-bombs on the very first page and it's got the highest maturity rating besides.

8 years ago

Plus there's an orgy scene haha.

8 years ago

But it wasn't too overly graphic...

8 years ago

I don't think that matters. App said "nothing related to intense sexual acts" and ... pretty sure an orgy isn't everyone's typical Tuesday, you know? 

8 years ago

If one wanted to censor it, it wouldn't be too hard.

8 years ago
"And then BEEEEP the BEEEEEP was BEEEEEP!"

8 years ago

Lol. Sounds like great radio. :P

8 years ago

More like an alarm clock.

8 years ago

So... update?