Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Debates

8 years ago

Hi team,

Debates are fine and encouraged, but they need to be more civil. @RimC, if you'd like to debate something, you can do so, but you will need to be less deliberately inflammatory.

The tone of a debate should be such that every participant appears to be engaging in order to learn, not engaging in order to condescend, judge, or push a viewpoint.

Thanks

3J

Debates

8 years ago

What's the betting some idiot tries to debate the Debates Thread :)

In theory debates should educate and inspire those of all viewpoints but in practice for some reason it never seems to quite work out that way, especially online when you are not face to face with the person you are opposing and can say whatever you want with the safety net of cyberspace between you both, still civil debate has it's benefits so I think discussions about intelligent issues where everyone acts as they would want people to act towards them are a good thing.

Debates

8 years ago

This is what I try to encourage, I apologize should I have done any wrong with these ideas and debates. 

Forgive me.

Debates

8 years ago

The easiest way to have the right kind of debate is to start a debate about a position you're unsure about or that you want to learn more about, rather than about a position that you are already very certain of.

Debates

8 years ago

It seems that my post of The Silent Scream the movie about abortion, was removed. I agree with this for most of the people who posted were inferior when it comes to the thinist sheet of reason for I specificly asked to NOT post if you had not seen the movie by going to the link.

No matter, I can only hope to see some more fellows on debate.org where true debates are made by - unless you take the trolls into account on the site, a small handicap of the site- people that understand debates. I am user SciGuy and if you wish to friend me there if you are already a user then by all means do, I look forward to debate with you. 

If you are a member of debate.org, please do vote on my debate over Communism and to where it may or may not work in the modern world. I am the Pro in the debate.

Debates

8 years ago

"most of the people who posted were inferier when it comes to the thinst (sic) sheet of reason".'

I can think of no better counter argument than your own quote.

Debates

8 years ago

Grammar errors! AGHHHH!  laugh

Debates

8 years ago

It isn't just grammatical errors, though. You're the most pretentious user since Young Malkalack. 

Debates

8 years ago
Young malk made better shitposts threads tbh.

Debates

8 years ago

It is okay, I like my eggs sunny side up! There is no need to be cruel. 

How have you been Ford?

Debates

8 years ago

*Most pretentious user since young Sentinel. FTFY

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-lounge/message/9139

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/forum-games/message/9404

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/forum-games/message/9158

Seriously, look at this annoying shit.

Debates

8 years ago

#mymafiagame

Debates

8 years ago

Yeah, but that wasn't pretentiousness, that was just pure dickery, much like #Titlesucks.

Debates

8 years ago

Oh dear, how are you still alive dear Sentinel?

Debates

8 years ago

One of the odder traits about young Malk is he actually defended WarriorCat folks at first.

It was sort of an interesting evolution that he would go on to be one of the most vocal detractors of them.

Debates

8 years ago

He realized that ffurries were not warrior cat fans.

Debates

8 years ago

Malkalack? Defending... Warrior... Cat... what

Debates

8 years ago

I'm still trying to parse through that sentence, lol. 

Debates

8 years ago

Thanks coach.

Debates

8 years ago

My friendly sir, how do you do?