Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

WW2

8 years ago

I started on a WW2 story and pretty much got the outline figured out, but what sounds more interesting the japanese or russian fronts, I know the best thing to do would be to add both but I already have around 4 other separate storylines and it's going to be a bi*** to profreead it all. 

Just a opinion from you all ^_^

WW2

8 years ago

I'd say focus on the one you know the most about or are at least interested in doing the research on.

Either side could be interesting though if written well.

WW2

8 years ago
^ I very much agree with this. If you have a personal preference/interest for either side, pick that one. You have to write the story you want to write. You'll be disappointed with anything else.

WW2

8 years ago

In my opinion, the Russian (or Soviet) troops would be more fun. The Russian army would transition sides, from Allied to Axis. Living in a communist world is unusual. And of course, Russia also has Joseph Stalin, a well known leader. Although a Japanese perspective would be quite unique.

You can't go wrong with either one.

WW2

8 years ago

It all depends on the character you are making... The russian campaign would be fun if your going to want your character fighting through deeply entrenched German forces right in the bitterness of a Siberian winter or Japan too if you're a kamikaze pilot (though I'm sure that would have to be one of the endings considering your first mission as a kamikaze pilot would be your last, lol). It would depend on how detailed you make it, and if you plan to make it accurate with history or do your own thing with it.

WW2

8 years ago

Or the reader can choose their own side.