Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

My true purpose?

7 years ago

Hello! I just wanted to clear up a little of my own confusion here. I know there have been posts explaining in detail what our orders are (I'm a "sage" along with many others on here) but what is our purpose? Is it just to compete for the most commendations at the end of the day? I can't recall what post is was but many were referring to this as a war of sorts. Is it? Or would it be more along the lines of a friendly competition between four orders? I'm sorry if this has been explained somewhere else, I've tried to read as many of the posts explaining this as I could find. I know about the color change of the names of those in the groups with the highest amount of commendations/exp points and stuff like that, but is this the only thing these names are for? Thanks and sorry about this, just curious and a little confused.

My true purpose?

7 years ago

It depends on which perspective you have.

From my perspective, the true purpose is to encourage people to contribute to the site by writing well and helping other people write well.

From your perspective, I suppose it might be similar to trophies or EXP points, where the point is to have a demonstrable and tangible outcome to strive for. Or, maybe, it's a team sport for you.

I think you'll find that the next update will include a feature that makes order success a little more visible, so that might change your opinion, too.

My true purpose?

7 years ago
will there be hats or cookies or both? because if none of those happen then they'll stay the same to everyone.

I want hats so bad man. I'd write for a nice hat.

My true purpose?

7 years ago

lol @Axiom since you love graphic design so much, want to make some logos for the orders? xD

My true purpose?

7 years ago

Ha haha ha ha ha.

My true purpose?

7 years ago

I've made some if you want them. 

My true purpose?

7 years ago
Do they include hats?

They should.

Just sayin'

My true purpose?

7 years ago

Some of them do. 

http://imgur.com/a/18CvL

My true purpose?

7 years ago

Thank you for clarifying! I guess I see this as a way to get off my lazy ass and do something for this community XD

My true purpose?

7 years ago

Best ways are:

• Write an awesome storygame
  • Leave very insightful comments on storygames
  • Help critique other people's writing in the WW and CC.
  • Post your own writing in the WW and CC (and post re-writes taking other people's consideration into account!)

My true purpose?

7 years ago

I'll certainly try (although I might seem like a crappy critic at first).

My true purpose?

7 years ago

Your avatar is punchable and the name doesn't help.

My true purpose?

7 years ago

@Rivertail you could also just make it your personal mission to stop End from ever getting the red username ever again.

My true purpose?

7 years ago

I'm sure everyone else on here would very much enjoy that, not including the other marauders.

My true purpose?

7 years ago

Setting up a David v Goliath match, are we?

My true purpose?

7 years ago

I'd probably get my ass handed to me.

My true purpose?

7 years ago

You most likely would (unless you're secretly a world class CYoA author pretending to be an anime fan as your cover). Doesn't stop me from wanting to buy ringside seats for this one ;)

My true purpose?

7 years ago

Would you like some popcorn? Perhaps a beverage? 

My true purpose?

7 years ago

I will punch her for you, my lord.

My true purpose?

7 years ago
Is fur on tail violence really what the site needs?

My true purpose?

7 years ago

I sure hope so.

My true purpose?

7 years ago

There is no need, only want. No violence, no fun. I'll beat her to a bloody pulp and show everyone a good time. Place your bets. :)

My true purpose?

7 years ago

I bet you want to get banned really badly. ;)

My true purpose?

7 years ago

That escalated quickly xD

My true purpose?

7 years ago

No, senpai. I'll be good. Please don't. The banhammer is scary. Hammers hurt. A lot.

Someone save me omg halp

My true purpose?

7 years ago

Violence begets violence, capiche?

My true purpose?

7 years ago

What a waste of time and effort (the fight I mean).