Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Fallout miniatures game

7 years ago

Well if you’re into Fallout and into tabletop wargaming, this may be of interest.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/24/15405918/fallout-wasteland-warfare-tabletop-miniatures-board-game

I would have preferred a more adventure style board game with the Fallout setting, but the minis are pretty cool looking.

And there was also a Dark Souls board game which also has cool minis, but its apparently a bit boring going by a couple of reviews I’ve read/watched. Some things just don’t translate well.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/21/15382634/dark-souls-the-board-game-review

Fallout miniatures game

7 years ago

WHAT?!

Edit:

... Aw, man, it's Fallout 4...

Boooooo

Fallout miniatures game

7 years ago

Oh boy, here comes Tim. Here to aggressively virtue signal about his superior taste in video games once again. Whom'st'd've woulda thunk it? 

Fallout miniatures game

7 years ago

Well, it's a Fallout thread. I was under the assumption that everyone knew this was coming.

Fallout miniatures game

7 years ago

It's "Whom'st'd've thunk it?" "Woulda" is already well-covered in the word mishmash and just makes the statement redundant.

Fallout miniatures game

7 years ago

I'm sure if it sells well enough they'll expand the armies, off the top of my head they could have:

The NCR
Caesar’s Legion
Western BOS
Eastern BOS
Eastern Super Mutants
Western Super Mutants
The Institute
The Enclave
The Children of the Atom
Mr. House’s Securitron army
The Minutemen
The Railroad

Fallout minnieatures game

7 years ago

I think I saw the dark souls board game somewhere.

Fallout miniatures game

7 years ago

A fallout Wargame? Isn't that just Warhammer, but with less edgemurder and all the factions are just dudes?

I've seen the DS Boardgame being played on Youtube, and I don't think I'd ever play it if, say, uno were available to me at the time, but I'd sure as hell use the figures for all kinds of other games. Hell, I'd use the figures in goddamn Monopoly just to use them. Dark Souls art is metal as fuck, and the psuedo-realistic aesthetic of the armor is pretty lacking in a lot of fantasy figures these days.