Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 8/19/2019: Worried about turning it into a trophy / new users getting the wrong impression of the site.

[SITE] Banned on Profile

7 years ago
When looking at a couple of threads, I can't remember whether the author was banned or not, and accordingly whether it makes sense to respond to them any further (reference case, I'm forgetting whether theamazingwilson was finally banned or not). Adding a Banned marker somewhere on their profile page would be helpful.

[SITE] Banned on Profile

7 years ago

It would help the admins out too. Currently we have to keep track of who we're banning with a long list of names and IPs (AKA The Graveyard and other threads)

To my knowledge Amazingwilson was not banned though. I know he said he was PCGenie's buddy, but that's about it.

[SITE] Banned on Profile

7 years ago
I agree that this would be very useful. I wouldn't even mind if it were a giant, red graphic superimposed over the entire profile page that just said, "BANNED."

[SITE] Banned on Profile

7 years ago

I would very much enjoy that feature, for I often wonder whether or not a user troll has been banned. Plus, it would add a bit of "tangibility" to the act (other than end saying "Banned").

[SITE] Banned on Profile

7 years ago
REAPED, not banned. Needs an image more like this:

[SITE] Banned on Profile

7 years ago
Ooh... that would make a cool watermark on the profile! ^v^

[SITE] Banned on Profile

6 years ago

I'm not sure how appropriate that is for a younger audience. xD

[SITE] Banned on Profile

7 years ago

I think this is a fine idea. 

[SITE] Banned on Profile

7 years ago
I agree this would be helpful, and also let those who are banned know it as well haha!

[SITE] Banned on Profile

7 years ago

I think this should be accepted along with the aspects Mizal suggested. Maybe that picture could automatically be set to a banned persons profile pic or something.

[SITE] Banned on Profile

6 years ago

Maybe just a red [BANNED] under their name on previous forum posts or PMs, and have it be under their username in the profile.

The banned avatar might be a bad idea, as anyone that isn't banned could set their avatar to that.

[SITE] Banned on Profile

6 years ago
Or, seeing as code is currently being implemented to change username colors and bolding, we could just put a strikethrough in their username.

[SITE] Banned on Profile

6 years ago
Use existing username code to Strikethrough their username when they are Banned.

[SITE] Banned on Profile

6 years ago
Sounds great, and relatively straightforward to boot. Interestingly, wouldn't that also affect all their names in posts and Who Is Online? That'd be neat.

[SITE] Banned on Profile

6 years ago
No, it wouldn't alter their names in the lists, it would just be an extension of the code 3J made that turns commendation winner's names red and/or bold in posts.

Something more would be needed to do that (though that sounds useful too).

[SITE] Banned on Profile

6 years ago

Why not just make a broken trophy on their profile page, and when highlighted it shows the reason he/she was banned.

[SITE] Banned on Profile

6 years ago

Because there's really no reason for that. No neeed to glorify the banned or make it less simple then it needs to be. A reason for a banning doesn't need to be on display, especially since alts get banned all the time.

[SITE] Banned on Profile

6 years ago
Right, definitely shouldn't be anything that requires any additional work on the part of the admins. Banning potentially dozens of alts and deleting spam threads is already more than enough.