Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Orange's Motivational Thread

5 years ago

Alright, so I don't have the best track record when it comes to procrastination. In fact, I'm working on the spring contest and I'm well behind where I want to be. Well, fear not citizens of CYStia, I have a plan. (Not that anyone actually cares.) My plan is to use public shame to my advantage by sharing my progress with all of you. There's only a month left for this and I'm nowhere near my goal so here's hoping I can grab my lazy personality by the balls and force it into high gear. I'll probably post regular updates on here, maybe not, it IS my lazy ass we're talking about here. 

Current word count: 10,700

Current page count: 22

Endings completed: 0/4

5 years ago
Requesting ways to incentivize this @EndMaster. Let us wager points on deadlines being met or not met (paid out by the person running the thread), there's no teeth to these otherwise.

5 years ago

I would, but Killa said he was running a regular contest with no bets or anything.

That's probably why the contest threads have been a little quieter than they usually are. (No outlandish boasts, bragging, etc.)

5 years ago
Thing is this is only point redistribution not point creation, and accordingly should be kosher

5 years ago

Current word count: 11,760

Current page count: 25

Endings completed: 0/2

Alright, so I haven't written much in the last two days. In my defense, I haven't had access to a computer during this time so I had to write the last thousand words on my phone like a peasant. I decided that I'm going to have to cut out two of the endings, so I've changed the true endings number to two.

5 years ago
Yay, writing!